This Charming Bear

jeniphir

Doing Very Well
We all know Morrissey lifted a lot of Smiths lyrics from other sources, of course. . .but I had always thought "I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear. . ." was likely his own, as I couldn't find any direct references. (Cue fans ramming links and things down my throat to save me from my own ignorance)

That said: Light bulb moment at the Boston gig on 10/30, when he opened the show with the first verse of "Simon Smith & His Amazing Dancing Bear," which starts thus:

"I would go out tomorrow if I could borrow a coat to wear. . ."

Discuss.

--jeniphir

Does Tim Jonze know that somewhere in the world innocent bears are being exploited for their dancing ability?

I'm sure Conor McNicholas will already be penning an editorial chiding Morrissey for quoting an anti-ursinist text in which once again the powerful perpetuate the negative stereotype that all bears are automatically good dancers.

d_3230.jpg

Does Tim Jonze know that somewhere in the world innocent bears are being exploited for their dancing ability?

I'm sure Conor McNicholas will already be penning an editorial chiding Morrissey for quoting an anti-ursinist text in which once again the powerful perpetuate the negative stereotype that all bears are automatically good dancers.

Straight from the horse's mouth: "I'm sure Morrissey has nothing against bears, but he wouldn't want one dancing on stage next to him".

Back
Top Bottom