Ticketmaster.sg: Singapore cancelled 'due to technical issues and reasons beyond our control'

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-04 at 11.22.05 AM.jpeg

[CANCELLED] Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey in Singapore - ticketmaster.sg

Excerpt:

MORRISSEY: 40 YEARS OF MORRISEY IN SINGAPORE

CANCELLATION NOTICE

Due to technical issues and reasons beyond our control, we regret to announce that Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey in Singapore slated for 9 November 2023 at The Star Theatre will no longer take place.

Fans who have purchased tickets will receive a full refund from Ticketmaster through the original mode of payment. It could take up to 40 business days for refunds to be processed. Please contact Ticketmaster via https://help.ticketmaster.sg or call +65 3158 8588 for further refund enquiries.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding.

Related item:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet you I can with 100% laser accuracy predict how long Surface and Carlislebaz and TheSmiths1985 are going to still be talking about “the Nottingham Incident” for!! :lbf:
Well, Excuse me Scanty….. i have not even contributed anything to this thread what so ever.
Let alone mention the N word.

As far as I’m concerned, Morrissey will never receive another penny from me, ever.

Still it’s nice to see that a few olde slappers
On here still think about me from time to time, which is very endearing 😘

It’s heart warming to think that I’m still Quite appealing to the blue rinse brigade,
Even though I’m on the other bus.

Well, Excuse me Scanty….. i have not even contributed anything to this thread what so ever.
Let alone mention the N word.

As far as I’m concerned, Morrissey will never receive another penny from me, ever.

Still it’s nice to see that a few olde slappers
On here still think about me from time to time, which is very endearing 😘

It’s heart warming to think that I’m still Quite appealing to the blue rinse brigade,
Even though I’m on the other bus.
I do think your “I’ll never get over Nottingham” signature is shit hot - it’s probably the funniest thing on this entire website right now

Didn't he come up with any other bogus disease like dengue again?

Been there recently, Singaporeans, it sucks.

Well, just burned flights and accommodation at Singapore. Thanks Moz but this joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and too near the bone.
Been there ... I still have the concert tickets and had to re-schedule at a cost the flight tickets for the whole South American leg of this tour. It's just revolting what he is doing more constantly now. If it's not in the UK or in the US he does not seem to care much.

After The Nottingham Incident, people really need to consider whether travelling to see Morrissey live is worth the risk. This is a man who thinks nothing of cancelling gigs about 8 hours before the doors were due to open, without offering any explanation or apology.
Unless he is playing somewhere close enough that you don’t need to book a hotel, don’t go. Stay at home, watch that gig on YouTube someone posted the other day.
That's the most sensible thing to do. Unfortunately, some of us have been far too optimistic to follow that advice. I still wondered for a second whether I should really put the money on a trip around South America to see him, but then though "na, he won't pull another 2013 on us again." Well, that was my mistake and now I won't be surprised if comes Feb. 2024 he cancels all the re-scheduled gigs again. It seems that if it's not UK or US he won't bother showing up.

I think it's you who needs to get a grip. That's a phrase that's practically used for all situations. Doesn't mean he is absolved from all blame. Try not to believe everything you read or hear.
Yeah, especially from Moz. After all, he came up with the lame story of catching dengue in Mexico while there were no cases of the disease in Mexico City this year. Apparently, his staff (is there anyone?) couldn't even check if that was a good excuse, so they seem to have played safe for Singapore. Just came up with something generic this time.

I agree with everything you said.

It's really quite sad that he's losing so many people who once adored him, but he doesn't seem to care. I nearly bought tickets to Nottingham but didn't for some reason and went to Leeds and Liverpool instead. I think once it happens to you then you will be angry enough to just watch on YouTube.

At the very least, I am acutely aware that whenever I book gig tickets to see him it might not actually happen. When you think about it it's quite ridiculous the way he's going on - cancelling and saying absolutely nothing and letting Ticketmaster send out their canned response without adding any detail to it. As you said, people would be slightly more understanding should he actually give a reason for the cancellation in a statement. There is absolutely no excuse why he shouldn't say something about it when people are travelling across the world to see a show.
Well, you said it in the beginning. He never says something because he doesn't care. Maybe we spend more time worshipping his songs and his career than we should.

You should make a new thread about how it’s Morrissey’s fault that you don’t want to buy travel insurance for when you go halfway around the world for live concerts that are in no way under your control

Pending anything written later today, I believe this is one of the first cancellations completely uncommented on prior to the proposed concert date by Central, Morrissey, the band or the promoters at Live Nation (who simply 404'd the event listing on their site).
Leaving Ticketmaster (basically a go-between) to announce and deal with it all.
Even the venue only added a cancellation text 7 hours ago.
All very bizarre.
FWD.

You should make a new thread about how it’s Morrissey’s fault that you don’t want to buy travel insurance for when you go halfway around the world for live concerts that are in no way under your control
You must be joking...

Having to incur in extra cost just to insure yourself from an artist who wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and decides out of the blue not to carry on with his duties .. and don't be naive to believe the lame excuses. The dengue contamination in Mexico was a lie. This time, not even that.

Anyway, this is not right even with an insurance. And what's more, there isn't full insurance, you always lose some money in the process.

But the main thing here is the respect for the fans. People in those cities also bought tickets. They will be refunded, but is any single one happy with that or would rather attend the concert?

Just curious since it's been a long time since I've had any tickets refunded - when you eventually get your refund is it 100% of the ticket price or are there some "service fees" withheld?

Just curious since it's been a long time since I've had any tickets refunded - when you eventually get your refund is it 100% of the ticket price or are there some "service fees" withheld?
I've had both experiences, but the most recent ones (not Morrissey, which will be valid for the supposed re-schefuled dates in South America in 2024) refunded ticket + fees (Belle and Sebastian had to cancel due to illness on 2022).

After The Nottingham Incident, people really need to consider whether travelling to see Morrissey live is worth the risk. This is a man who thinks nothing of cancelling gigs about 8 hours before the doors were due to open, without offering any explanation or apology.
Unless he is playing somewhere close enough that you don’t need to book a hotel, don’t go. Stay at home, watch that gig on YouTube someone posted the other day.
Absolutely. I wouldn't travel again. Years ago paid for train and hotel in Camden. Didn't know till I got to the venue. Mobiles weren't as efficient then. I went to Nottingham this year, but only live 20 miles away. I'd never fly. I was also at Liverpool gig when someone threw a bottle. The couple behind me had flown from Germany, the husband had bought his wife the tickets for her 40th. She said to me please let him come back on. I replied if I know Morrissey I'd say not. I was right.

Back
Top Bottom