Ultimate Bundle WPINOYB Vinyl slower than the CD?

Mine is just a player I was graciously given by a friend. It gets the job done though!

It could be the voltage issue?

In 1986 a friend in Tokyo once commented after listening my cassette recording of LP (done in the south part of Japan) of The Queen Is Dead, it sounded faster than actual LP.
I listened to the LP in Tokyo, noticed my cassette was slightly faster.

I don't have a record player, unable to compare LP and CD.

It could be the voltage issue?

In 1986 a friend in Tokyo once commented after listening my cassette recording of LP (done in the south part of Japan) of The Queen Is Dead, it sounded faster than actual LP.
I listened to the LP in Tokyo, noticed my cassette was slightly faster.

I don't have a record player, unable to compare LP and CD.

Yes but it's only happening to one record though.

Yes but it's only happening to one record though.

You live in Australia, electricity voltage is different from US and Europe?

Japan is vertically dispersed, voltage of the mainland and the extreme south part of the country is slightly different.

Last edited:
I played my copy again, and I noticed that it wobbles. I don't know how else to explain it, but the tone arm goes noticeably up and down. I played other records, including the new Jobriath one, and it doesn't do that with them.

You live in Australia, electricity voltage is different from US and Europe?

Thanks for the input but I doubt that has anything to do with it. I've played USA cut records before and no problem appeared.

I am going to stop whingeing about this now. I don't think my record player can be relied on for good judgement. Now if I push the pitch control all the way up the album plays at the right speed and that definitely should not be happening. I'd be interested to hear what others have to say though as they play their vinyls.

okay shower, shops, deluxe CD, 6 new Mozzer songs!

OK, I picked up a new record player on my way home because I decided if I'm going to live in two places then I'm going to need a record player in two places…even though all but one of my records are in one place…but I digress.

As far as I can tell, the vinyl is playing at the same speed as the CD. I did comparison using a stopwatch during Oboe Concerto, and it clocked in at the same time as marked on the CD. Of course there's room for slight human error there, but to my ears, no discernible difference.

Oh, and the record player is a piece of garbage that I'll be returning tomorrow!

OK, I picked up a new record player on my way home because I decided if I'm going to live in two places then I'm going to need a record player in two places…even though all but one of my records are in one place…but I digress.

As far as I can tell, the vinyl is playing at the same speed as the CD. I did comparison using a stopwatch during Oboe Concerto, and it clocked in at the same time as marked on the CD. Of course there's room for slight human error there, but to my ears, no discernible difference.

Oh, and the record player is a piece of garbage that I'll be returning tomorrow!

Okay thanks for that. Buying a new record player is a tricky business. You have to spend $200 at least. Semi decent are Denon, Numark. Or Pro-ject and Technics if you want to spend more.

Last edited:
I originally bought a Crosley USB one from the record shop near me, without doing any research. I couldn’t get it to come out of both speakers....I left it in the box and it’s still under my bed. Then I ended up getting the aforementioned free player from a friend which works like a charm.

Okay thanks for that. Buying a new record player is a tricky business. You have to spend $200 at least. Semi decent are Denon, Numark. Or Pro-ject and Technics if you want to spend more.

Yeah, I'm hung up on getting a Braun SK4/SK55. It's for people who care more about how stuff looks than how it performs, haha. That thing is so beautiful it actually hurts me.

I wish I hadn't sold the Technics setup I had when I was younger. I got rid of it during that time when I thought CDs were forever. Now I don't even own a CD player…

I had a small vinyl collection when I was younger (a lot of the hardcore/punk stuff I like only came on vinyl, etc.) but that all got destroyed / lost. Then I bought wayyyyy too many cds, and now no one cares about CD’s really...I sold all mine for credit at the record store, which I used to get vinyl. Imagine how backwards that would’ve sounded in the 90s!

Yeah, I'm hung up on getting a Braun SK4/SK55. It's for people who care more about how stuff looks than how it performs, haha. That thing is so beautiful it actually hurts me.

I wish I hadn't sold the Technics setup I had when I was younger. I got rid of it during that time when I thought CDs were forever. Now I don't even own a CD player…

It's nice alright but it's a bit ikea for my tastes. I can see why someone would like it though. I guess the pre amp and monitors are tucked away in that case? I would have to hear it before I bought it for sure. I still have the same Technics Amp I bought in London in 1997.

Last edited:
How much did that Project set you back if you don't mind me asking?

I think it was around $450 maybe? i also upgraded the cartridge too, so that was another $100.

Id recommend the Project Audio Debut Carbon for about $550, its a solid upgrade from the debut

I think it was around $450 maybe? i also upgraded the cartridge too, so that was another $100.

Id recommend the Project Audio Debut Carbon for about $550, its a solid upgrade from the debut

Is the carbon a direct drive?

World Peace on Vinyl - Badly cut vinyl?

Hi all,

First time poster here. I'm curious to see if anyone has had the same problem as me with the WPINOYB vinyl. Purchased one from HMV Dublin earlier this week and when I tried to play it I noticed that it was marginally wider than your standard 12" record. Because of this the record was restricted in it's playing as it was rubbing up against the stock of the spinning arm. The second record (side C & D) also appeared to be a slightly different size to the first! Explained this to HMV and got a replacement but again had the same issue.

Has anybody had this issue with this record or any other record in general? Could find very little online about this.

Thanks in advance.
G

Back
Top Bottom