User rudeness complaints

Re: Update from TTY: "See the luck I've had"

I don't think there are too many fansites in the world that are this critical towards the artist in question.

How many more times? The SITE is not critical of the artist, the USERS are, the users make the site. There has been oodles of praise over the years, and recently, you choose to ignore that as it doesn't suit your viewpoint. And, once again, Morrissey could shut up every single critic by making a stupendous album. That would do it.

P.

Hmm. I guess I've said everything I needed to say. Maybe some of it has changed something, just a little, just for a moment, but all in all I'm afraid that the cruel regulars are cruel for reasons that are too complicated for me or anyone else but themselves to figure out. As somebody pointed out, there apparently are things like old feuds going on, and to say something to/about the people involved is in their eyes like taking the side of the enemy. For some, the Moz Solo culture is a lot like a religion because it has been going on for so long and so intensely, and it's quite impossible to force people to lose their faith. Also, some people seem to have been here for years using this certain kind of personality, and it may be very difficult for them to change that. But generally, if you've stopped respecting Morrissey a long time ago, I do think that there's something strange about the fact that you're still spending hours on his fansite. Wouldn't it be healthier to move on, to let go of all that heavy disappointment? You can still have the songs, and you know, any cruel shit thrown at Morrissey on Morrissey Solo won't turn Morrissey into a better musician. True story. Even if he read the posts, he wouldn't listen to anyone saying mean and unreasonable things about him, even if there's rightful criticism underneath the insults. That's just basic human psychology. Be nice to someone and they'll listen to what you have to say.

I think that the whole situation with Morrissey Solo is pretty unique. I don't think there are too many fansites in the world that are this critical towards the artist in question. At least I haven't seen them. Maybe it's about the fact that Morrissey usually attracts people that are intelligent and relatively delicate. They may respond to the world's dark sides more strongly than many others, and therefore it's easy for them to kind of lose it. I mean, people that say that they don't care about Morrissey but still spend years and years of their life on a Morrissey fan forum are deluding themselves. They do care about Morrissey. A lot. If they didn't, they'd moved on a long, long time ago.

I don't think there's anything wrong with sincerely caring about Morrissey. In fact, I think it tells a lot of good things about a person. There are many good reasons to care about Morrissey. I personally think that he's an amazing songwriter and one of the most original people I've ever seen, even (or especially) with his flaws and oddities. To think that you either have to be a cruel jerk or a crazy fawner is silly. You can be a fan who criticizes Morrissey with compassion, sense and moderation when there's need for criticism. And if you disagree with another poster, you can express that sensibly. That's how most fan forums work.

Like some others, I've also noticed that other Morrissey fansites and the Morrissey fans on Facebook, tumblr, etc. are noticeably less negative than the tone on Morrissey Solo. Maybe it's because this place has such a long history and it's very easy to be virtually anonymous here.

So, well, I guess I've done everything I possibly can. Which is not very much. But I've spent a few days quite intensely with Morrissey Solo, and now it's starting to get pretty tiring. I don't think people should spend too long periods of time here; it can turn you into a jerk or just wear you out. So I think I'm going to do the thing that I think a lot of people should do: I'm moving on. (At least trying to.) Thank you all for the interesting conversation.

But seriously, if somebody knows a website that is as good or almost as good as Morrissey Solo in terms of Morrissey-related news, I'd really appreciate the information. (If there isn't one, then it definitely should be created.)

Best wishes,

View attachment 15875.

Is this your closing argument? Or will you be back for an encore?

Look... you walked in... and tried to take over the restaurant--both front and back of the house. It doesn't work that way--anywhere.

But seriously, if somebody knows a website that is as good or almost as good as Morrissey Solo in terms of Morrissey-related news, I'd really appreciate the information. (If there isn't one, then it definitely should be created.)

There isn't one. Period. I already suggested All You Need is Morrissey. (Are you reading or just writing?) That is as close as it comes to being a discussion forum. You aren't the first angry fan to want another Moz site to post at that was free of negativity. That is how AYNIM was birthed. But go there... have a look... join. But don't question the mods there. You will be banned immediately, for life. Now that's a great place to have a conversation. :rolleyes:

How many more times? The SITE is not critical of the artist, the USERS are, the users make the site.

Of course. Which is why I'm criticizing the users rather than the site itself. The users are people, and I think that it's reasonable to tell people that they shouldn't be jerks. There's basically nothing that Morrissey Solo can do, but there's a lot that the posters themselves can do. I'm commenting on the general atmosphere.

And, once again, Morrissey could shut up every single critic by making a stupendous album. That would do it.

And, once again, I don't think this is true. You may be right, but clearly a lot of the 'criticism' has to do with Morrissey's personality. His looks, his age, his style of writing, his opinions, etc., a big part of this for the sake of insulting Morrissey and other posters. If all the criticism was about his music, it would make more sense. Maybe 1 or 3 in 10 critical posts seem to be about Morrissey's songs/albums.

Of course, it is possible that these people are just so frustrated with Morrissey's current state as a musician that they express it as general hatred. Who knows.

Look... you walked in... and tried to take over the restaurant--both front and back of the house. It doesn't work that way--anywhere.

Mostly true. But it does work sometimes. I've seen it happen.

There isn't one. Period. I already suggested All You Need is Morrissey. (Are you reading or just writing?) That is as close as it comes to being a discussion forum. You aren't the first angry fan to want another Moz site to post at that was free of negativity. That is how AYNIM was birthed. But go there... have a look... join. But don't question the mods there. You will be banned immediately, for life. Now that's a great place to have a conversation.

Yeah, I'm familiar with that site. At this point, I'm not really looking for a discussion forum, just a place that provides Morrissey-related news at least almost as well as Morrissey Solo does. The news = the reason why I visit this place. One of my best friends used to be a huge Morrissey fan but now says that she doesn't really know what Morrissey's doing anymore because Morrissey Solo 'makes her feel depressed'. It would be nice to show her a simple Morrissey-related news site without the inevitable sidebar of often quite nasty comments.

Of course. Which is why I'm criticizing the users rather than the site itself. The users are people, and I think that it's reasonable to tell people that they shouldn't be jerks. There's basically nothing that Morrissey Solo can do, but there's a lot that the posters themselves can do. I'm commenting on the general atmosphere.

And, once again, I don't think this is true. You may be right, but clearly a lot of the 'criticism' has to do with Morrissey's personality. His looks, his age, his style of writing, his opinions, etc., a big part of this for the sake of insulting Morrissey and other posters. If all the criticism was about his music, it would make more sense. Maybe 1 or 3 in 10 critical posts seem to be about Morrissey's songs/albums.

Of course, it is possible that these people are just so frustrated with Morrissey's current state as a musician that they express it as general hatred. Who knows.

Mostly true. But it does work sometimes. I've seen it happen.

Yeah, I'm familiar with that site. At this point, I'm not really looking for a discussion forum, just a place that provides Morrissey-related news at least almost as well as Morrissey Solo does. The news = the reason why I visit this place. One of my best friends used to be a huge Morrissey fan but now says that she doesn't really know what Morrissey's doing anymore because Morrissey Solo 'makes her feel depressed'. It would be nice to show her a simple Morrissey-related news site without the inevitable sidebar of often quite nasty comments.

What? Desperate attempt to get attention by threatening to leave didn't work so you continue to post as if you never made the statement? What?

What? Desperate attempt to get attention by threatening to leave didn't work so you continue to post as if you never made the statement? What?

Naturally, I will check out the responses and answer them. I think it would be pretty weird to ask a question and not come back to see whether it's answered.

If I wanted attention, I'd figure out much better ways of getting it than threatening to leave a pop singer's fansite.

Have you seen the fawning frink thread--where posters rant and rave over his good looks? You seem to be only looking for the negative. Confirmation bias, anyone?

Whatever did fans do before the Internet and online fansites? How on earth did they become fans? Nothing gets in the way of a passion. If she had it, Solo wouldn't be a hindrance. That is just silly.

Naturally, I will check out the responses and answer them. I think it would be pretty weird to ask a question and not come back to see whether it's answered.

If I wanted attention, I'd figure out much better ways of getting it than threatening to leave a pop singer's fansite.

With your history as a twerp bullied in the schoolyard, I imagine your goals are small...

Have you seen the fawning frink thread--where posters rant and rave over his good looks? You seem to be only looking for the negative. Confirmation bias, anyone?

I've seen that thread. I find it amusingly creepy. But usually I only read the posts below the news articles. Because you know, they're the reason why I come here. So, of course you could say that I haven't seen the whole picture.

Whatever did fans do before the Internet and online fansites? How on earth did they become fans? Nothing gets in the way of a passion. If she had it, Solo wouldn't be a hindrance. That is just silly.

It is silly. But nowadays it's difficult to get fresh, important information on anything/anyone without the help of the Internet.

If this is the only place for Morrissey-related news, then that sucks. Maybe the sidebar could be removed from the front page? Or only shown to registered users? That would solve at least part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

With your history as a twerp bullied in the schoolyard, I imagine your goals are small...

As I've said, I was never bullied personally. But I've seen it happen and I've seen what it can do to people.
The fact that you're actually speaking as if the bullied kids are the problem tells a lot about you.

Bullshit. You can't scrape together 20 such posts nonetheless "hundreds".

So that "backbone" you talk about having is just for morals, huh? :lbf:

Man the f*** up.

There you go again about being a poor, bullied nerdchild. You didn't make a difference on the playground, you're not going to make a difference here.

7mmA7NS.jpg

As I've said, I was never bullied personally. But I've seen it happen and I've seen what it can do to people.
The fact that you're actually speaking as if the bullied kids are the problem tells a lot about you.

Like Hell you weren't...I want to kick you in the nuts and shovel sand in your mouth and I haven't even met you.

You are the problem when all you can think of doing is crying to Mama about the same thing over and over again...

Like Hell you weren't...I want to kick you in the nuts and shovel sand in your mouth and I haven't even met you.

You are the problem when all you can think of doing is crying to Mama about the same thing over and over again...

7mmA7NS.jpg

I've seen that thread. I find it amusingly creepy. But usually I only read the posts below the news articles. Because you know, they're the reason why I come here. So, of course you could say that I haven't seen the whole picture.

Well hello! Ever heard of looking before you leap?

It is silly. But nowadays it's difficult to get fresh, important information on anything/anyone without the help of the Internet.

If this is the only place for Morrissey-related news, then that sucks. Maybe the sidebar could be removed from the front page? Or only shown to registered users? That would solve at least part of the problem.

It is silly. And it is an excuse I'm not... or anyone else... is buying.

Last edited:

I don't know what to say to this. You have decided to treat people like shit. I don't know why. You seem to lack everything that I respect about a person, like compassion, rationality and kindness and the ability to know when you're going too far, and still I'm doing my best to treat you with respect. I really don't think that this is everything you are. That's all I can say.

Well hello! Ever heard of looking before you leap?

I don't want to become a regular on this site. I want to read the news. What I see below the news articles is what I'm commenting on. They don't really encourage me to go through the whole website in order to find humanity.

It is silly. And it is an excuse I'm not... or anyone else... buying.

Well, it is reality. Reality is often quite silly.

So, the question is: you don't know any other website that provides Morrissey-related news? If you don't, I don't think there's anything that you or I could add to this particular conversation.

I don't know what to say to this. You have decided to treat people like shit. I don't know why. You seem to lack everything that I respect about a person, like compassion, rationality and kindness and the ability to know when you're going too far, and still I'm doing my best to treat you with respect. I really don't think that this is everything you are. That's all I can say.

JamesDn, dont get sucked into the Viva vortex. It's not worth it.

Oli-ver / James

I've read all of your posts. They're good - you write well for a 19-year-old.

As you say, you haven't been here long. Nor have I. However, I've been here long enough to realise that:

1. The majority of people here do like Morrissey.

2. There are ongoing 'feuds' that relate to things that have happened before my time.

3. A lot of the 'bullying' is in fact just 'banter' (God, I loathe that word).

4. The 'hatred' shown towards Morrissey is actually frustration from fans older than you or I, who expect a little better from Mozzer.

5. As others have stated, this is merely a website. Morrissey does not read the posts. He's strong enough to dish it out, so when one of his minions reports back to him regarding the negativity here, or some douche runs to Boz's facebook page to tattle tale, I'm sure he's tough enough to take it.

6. Take it with all with a pinch of salt. Enjoy the Bootlegs/Downloads forum. Enjoy oohing and aahhing at the Collector's Corner. Put an offer in at Marketplace. And if you're lucky, read the post-show info to find out what the concerts were like.

As I said before, you write well and coherently. Perhaps it's wasted here.

I realized that for some reason, I hadn't replied to this post at all.

Thanks, and very good points. Especially the very last sentence.

JamesDn, dont get sucked into the Viva vortex. It's not worth it.

I know. The whole thing is very difficult to deal with, but as I said earlier, the reasons for certain people to be the way they are are probably too complicated for me to figure out. If you've acted in a certain way for 7 years or maybe for your whole life, it's very difficult for a random kid to change anything.

So yeah, I'm actually trying to get off now. I will respond if somebody says something essential, and I'll come back later to see whether someone actually knows a link to a Morrissey-related news site (it would be f***ing heavenly), but if not, I guess I'm done here.

Yours sincerely,

TrialJoan2.jpg

I know. The whole thing is very difficult to deal with, but as I said earlier, the reasons for certain people to be the way they are are probably too complicated for me to figure out. If you've acted in a certain way for 7 years or maybe for your whole life, it's very difficult for a random kid to change anything.

So yeah, I'm actually trying to get off now. I will respond if somebody says something essential, and I'll come back later to see whether someone actually knows a link to a Morrissey-related news site (it would be f***ing heavenly), but if not, I guess I'm done here.

Yours sincerely,

View attachment 15877

cool story, bro

Hey Oli-ver,

Something's bugging me. How come you have not acknowledged this heartfelt, beautifully written post that was written last night? No thumbs up? Nothing. Instead you continued to only focus on the negative things.

This renders your whole argument to be a bit inauthentic and insincere.

Now that I have had some time to process your visit here, I have come to the conclusion that you are a classic troll. A disruptor. An instigator. A real phoney.

Back
Top Bottom