We are so lucky to have Morrissey

no way! Vauxhall and I. *swoon*

I have to disagree. He's handsome on that cover, but almost generically so. Somehow he doesn't look distinctly himself. I might have this impression, though, because he began wearing his hair in a more conservative cut during that era, right on the heels of that outrageous rockabilly quiff of the previous years. I really like his hair in the video for Alma Matters: just beginning to gray, and probably the shortest he's ever had it. But I think he looks his coolest on the cover for Years of Refusal. I look at that one, and I think: "that is the coolest person on the planet." If I looked that cool I would be unstoppable in this life.

I wouldn't call it terrible, but it was overlong. Parts of it, especially at the end, seemed like she wrote an essay on art appreciation and spliced its paragraphs in. Her writing style is not unpleasant, and one ingests it easily. Morrissey's style is more brittle and challenging, but the payoffs are so much greater and more poetic. "Now, as Rims overhears the teen-burst giggle of a gaggle of girls, he automatically frowns, because although he likes the sound, he knows he is hearing the sound of his own grave, for nothing, now, will correct the misshapen bully-boy face that time has given him unrequested."

It’s a lot more direct in its point and the language is modeled I think after the post modernist style a bit unlike goldfinch which got compare to dickens a lot which is fairly obvious. I’m not down on list of the lost at all as I didn’t have a lot of expectations of what people thought it would be about and so wasn’t disapointed. Goldfinch had a really interesting point in a lot of ways I thought. The family ties and the guilt it brought to his life a ball and chain he's literally carrying around ruined him and in turn his life and ability to move on and fit in anywhere. So much that he couldn’t move on into the seeming perfect life of hobby and his niece or even just into hobby’s business. He becomes such a terrible person because of random fate the chains of family and guilt until it brought until it just crush’s his soul. It is however very long and sometimes pointlessly so. I mean the return of Boris and a gunfight etc was just pointless and his survival and newfound resolve wisdom was, unlike the rest of the book, pointlessly saccharine (unlike hobby for example who was purposely saccharine). The secret history is a better book I think as it still has many of her charms with none of these flaws (it has different less severe flaws). The sad thing is that I think goldfinch could have been a much better book say if it had ended with a showdown at the wedding between him and he art dealer threatening to expose him while the engagement dissolve blows up and had been edited down. It took like eight years of work though

I ran into him once in public, it didn't register at first that it was him. My heart literally stopped when I saw him, he's that good looking NOW.

I ran into him once in public, it didn't register at first that it was him. My heart literally stopped when I saw him, he's that good looking NOW.
We don't use the term good looking to describe men unless they are openly gay of course and the compliment is coming from another gay man so are you?

Handsome will do.

I've just worked something out. Right-wingers are like "waaah, white people being SWAMPED by non-white people" because they think every fifty white people is actually one white person and forty-nine non-existent people that one person is pretending to be, like The Crow is always going on about.
It's right there in my name though. 23. 23 separate people! It's a clue! It's a blue rose! It's so obvious, don't you know!
Now I should probably log off and take myselves out to brunch or something.

The only question regarding tricks that I have, is how many does your mom have to turn in a day to keep you in cheez-doodles and high speed internet?

WTF? How old of an Old dude are you, Simon FFS?:oldman:
These post of yours are straight from the Blue Rose Old Folks Home.doh:

Just out of curiosity, vegan.cro spirit# 112, what does the "cro" in your user name mean?

Just out of curiosity, vegan.cro spirit# 112, what does the "cro" in your user name mean?

Note how Skinny(Surface) and Pep, Moz haters pretend to have knowledge about myself, same as they claim to have about Moz. They have never known either one of us.:crazy: Both are likely to jump off a bridge without my posting contribution.:squiffy: They claim to hate but I think they have the same Moz vibe towards me where they hate him and love him at the same time. Thats how INSANITY WORKS, you claim to hate somebody when in fact you are all over them.
Stands for the great NON MUSLIM country of Croatia. POSSIBLY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY IN THE WORLD where no ISLAMIC RIFF RAFF is allowed.
Do you all know the Croatian National Anthem? BEAUTIFUL>:thumb:

My earthly self was BANNED. Can you believe that? But my SPIRIT lives on and forever.:rock:

Surface, you beat me to it! I was going to say, the original vegan.cro had really poor English (yes, even worse than this one) and was obviously not a native speaker, so I always thought the Cro stood for Croatia - but just a guess.

These are what you call "English Supremacists"(tho Surface (Skinny persona) can barely read and write)
:lbf:

Thank you all for the relevant history. The original vegan.cro had a good avatar, at any rate. At first blush, there do seem to be some stylistic differences in the writing of the original and the spirit, but I guess I'll allow for someone to evolve. Sorry, vegan.cro spirit, but I'm completely ignorant of Croatia, its national anthem, and everything else about it. I don't even think Uncleskinny is all that bad, though his strong opinions on Morrissey are at completely odds with my own. Someone posted a video of him on that British game show Mastermind, and I liked his look. He has a resemblance to the actor Samuel Roukin; there's a little bit of the young Roger Waters in there too. You have to admit, it's very cool that he went on there with the Smiths as his chosen field of expertise. It reminded me of one of my favorite movies, Love & Death on Long Island, where John Hurt's character contemplates going on that very same show with his chosen field being the B-movie actor he has a crush on: "the life and work of Ronnie Bostock." f***ing classic.

Thank you all for the relevant history. The original vegan.cro had a good avatar, at any rate. At first blush, there do seem to be some stylistic differences in the writing of the original and the spirit, but I guess I'll allow for someone to evolve. Sorry, vegan.cro spirit, but I'm completely ignorant of Croatia, its national anthem, and everything else about it. I don't even think Uncleskinny is all that bad, though his strong opinions on Morrissey are at completely odds with my own. Someone posted a video of him on that British game show Mastermind, and I liked his look. He has a resemblance to the actor Samuel Roukin; there's a little bit of the young Roger Waters in there too. You have to admit, it's very cool that he went on there with the Smiths as his chosen field of expertise. It reminded me of one of my favorite movies, Love & Death on Long Island, where John Hurt's character contemplates going on that very same show with his chosen field being the B-movie actor he has a crush on: "the life and work of Ronnie Bostock." f***ing classic.

It doesnt get any worse than Skinny(specially if you add onto him his sock puppets like "Surface").....
FFS that TV show was many years ago, he looks like Mr Magoo nowadays, there is a recent photo up on the Blue Rose blog. Its like Mr Magoo trying to be hip by wearing orange and little straw hat. Its very disturbing to the:eyes:
doh:

WTF? How old of an Old dude are you, Simon FFS?:oldman:
These post of yours are straight from the Blue Rose Old Folks Home.doh:
Oh man. Out of morbid curiosity, I went to the blue rose blog- for the first time in my life, I might add, and if you think my writing style has any similarities to the humorless schizoid babbling on that site, then you haven't got two brain cells to rub together.

I at least had previously given you credit for two brain cells. Now I'm thinking it must be ridiculously lonely for the last one
still shouting in there only to get echoes in return. What a dingus.

Oh man. Out of morbid curiosity, I went to the blue rose blog- for the first time in my life, I might add, and if you think my writing style has any similarities to the humorless schizoid babbling on that site, then you haven't got two brain cells to rub together.

I at least had previously given you credit for two brain cells. Now I'm thinking it must be ridiculously lonely for the last one
still shouting in there only to get echoes in return. What a dingus.

LOL,:lbf: so whats the hold up with the new Barking Billy Bragg Parody installment? Why the delay?:rolleyes:

what's the address of this blue rose place?

The thing is, ultimately............when these guys are gone....THEY ARE GONE...........there will be no new David Bowie......no new Prince...........some guy out of a boy band will not turn into George Michael. This is it guys. Rock music will be gone (In terms of the big festivals and stadium tours, at least) by the time we all kick the bucket.

This is something I was thinking about the other day, I was thinking about the shite in the music charts in the nineties, what a crap decade of music. my saviours of this dull decade were Page and Plant, Public image limited and the occasional oasis livener!
Then of course we all had uncle Moz to see us through (despite his drought) Them thoughts led me to the unimaginable when he goes to the great gig in the sky, who do we have left? no one, no one will ever ever get even close to what he's done for music. Gratitude, cause once he is gone... HE HAS GONE! I agree totally, Stephen Hoffmann.

Thank you

Jason

Eddie Riff

what's the address of this blue rose place?

Its called Following the Mozziah blog you can do a search and it will come right up.
BLUE Rose:mask:
BLUE fabric:screamcat:

BLUE ROSE PARODY:dizzy:
SOLOW PARODY:expressionless:

has a 1970s fuddy duddy POV. Who else do we know who rides a hooptie and has a 70s POV?
And writes "parodies".:eek:

It doesnt get any worse than Skinny(specially if you add onto him his sock puppets like "Surface").....

I'm not sure about that. His hatred of Morrissey is pretty bad, but which is worse: despising Morrissey, or liking Trump? Neither, however, is as bad as eating meat (it doesn't get any worse than that). On this count, my good Croatian vegan, we surely agree.

Back
Top Bottom