Question What happened to the old backdrops?

F

Fact Checker

There's been a lot of them - Harvey Keitel, Richard Burton, Edith Sitwell. Now replaced with a projected, changing backdrop.

What happened to the old ones? In storage somewhere (allegedly the Beastie Boys still have their notorious 80s stage props in a locker) or sold off to a collector?

There's been a lot of them - Harvey Keitel, Richard Burton, Edith Sitwell. Now replaced with a projected, changing backdrop.

What happened to the old ones? In storage somewhere (allegedly the Beastie Boys still have their notorious 80s stage props in a locker) or sold off to a collector?

Here is a story thread about an older backdrop ….

I’m thinking, if Morrissey didn’t want to save that backdrop, then chances are the solo ones are or will see the same fate.

I remember a QID backdrop coming up for sale on EBay a few years ago. I can’t remember what it went for but remember it wasn’t a lot considering it’s size what would you do with it ?

what happened to the elvis style red letters from 2004,would imagine they would have been hired for the tour.

I loved that stage set up, it was a brilliant statement.

View attachment 96653
was my first ever concert.4th december 2004,looked amazing.
bit off topic-last sunday watched a celtic select charity match,saul davies of james was playing,he is a celtic fan,met brendan rogers after the game,said it was the best day of his life.

bit off topic-last sunday watched a celtic select charity match,saul davies of james was playing,he is a celtic fan,met brendan rogers after the game,said it was the best day of his life.

Well f*** me, I didn't know that I'm a massive James fan and love how humble Saul is . Look at this for a band (17 mins in) that are truly connected and realise they've just really nailed a song, watched it load of times and still get goose bumps.

Saw him in Manchester and Blackpool that year, happy days!!

I quote liked those giant flourescent shield lights he used to tour with circa 2019 - wonder whose shed those are in?

what happened to the elvis style red letters from 2004,would imagine they would have been hired for the tour.
Among others, I saw these two shows in 2004:

Nov. 12 Los Angeles, CA - Universal Amphitheater
Nov. 13 Las Vegas, NV - The Joint

The LA show (2nd of 2) had the big letters, but the Vegas show did not. I'm guessing they had shipped them over to the UK from LA for the December shows.

Last edited:
that was a great tour,M dressed as a priest.
Among others, I saw these two shows in 2004:

Nov. 12 Los Angeles, CA - Universal Amphitheater
Nov. 13 Las Vegas, NV - The Joint

The LA show (2nd of 2) had the big letters, but the Vegas show did not. I'm guessing they had shipped them over to the UK from LA for the December shows.

Youtube algorithm tonight suggested this Soundsville Nov 11th 2004 LA show NMHIF. Great version - "Steven Patrick raised to wait..." etc!

If I owned a huge house, I'd buy those letters and put them on my roof. That wouldn't be too ostentatious, right?
no that would look fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom