What would you pay to see a Smtihs Reunion concert?

Smiths reunion concert, how much will you pay?

• $100,000 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $75,000 - $100,000

• $25,000 - $75,000

• $5000 - $10,000

• $2500 - $5000

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You totally misunderstand the situation.

Because Johnny decided to leave and caused the split of The Smiths? :rolleyes:
It was very sad, but I was in a way relieved that Johnny knew his limit and made a decision in order to have a better life.

I'm very sorry for Manics fans. Richie suddenly disappeared without telling anyone.
That's the worst thing to happen to any bands.

That's actually not why. :)

I've never been a Johnny fan. I'll keep my reasons to myself though, as I know many here are fans.

And what situation did I misunderstand? :confused:

Ok, no need to tell us your reason if you don't want to.
I assumed that you put the blame on Johnny for the split.
It's still really terrible to say you want to throw a rotten fruit at Johnny.

i'd pay to see morrissey regardless, but it's hard for me to conceive of wanting to capture the magic of days i was never a part of.

You totally misunderstand the situation.

I'm very sorry for Manics fans. Richie suddenly disappeared without telling anyone.
That's the worst thing to happen to any bands.

Same thing when Sid Barrat left Pink Floyd - did you know he turned up out of the bue when they were recording Shine on you crazy Diamond? (Which was about him) and that was the last time anyone in the band ever saw him? Great story (Sadly shortened here for purposes of illustration!)

Ok, no need to tell us your reason if you don't want to.
I assumed that you put the blame on Johnny for the split.
It's still really terrible to say you want to throw a rotten fruit at Johnny.

It was a joke, I would never really throw rotten fruit at someone. :)

I don't like to touch rotten fruit anyways. :p

Same thing when Sid Barrat left Pink Floyd - did you know he turned up out of the bue when they were recording Shine on you crazy Diamond? (Which was about him) and that was the last time anyone in the band ever saw him? Great story (Sadly shortened here for purposes of illustration!)

I've watched BBC documentary about Sid, but his case wasn't as bad as Richie who we still don't know dead or alive (of course most of us think he's dead).

I've watched BBC documentary about Sid, but his case wasn't as bad as Richie who we still don't know dead or alive (of course most of us think he's dead).

Your right - Sid is probably serving chips and crab cakes somewhere.... Richie was probably eaten by the crabs.......

I don't like the answers to this one. I am a huge Smiths fan, but those amounts are very hefty.

Well think about it, if people are willing to pay brokers over a $1000.00 to see Moz solo at the Hollywood Bowl, don't you think a Smiths reunion would motivate people to dig deep. Anyone can come up with $700.00, if they really needed to. Just get arrested sometime and see how fast you can come up with a few thousand to get bonded out.

If a promoter is willing to pay $10,000,000.00 to have the Smiths do 3 shows. they must be expecting at least 4 times that in revenue. A big part of that income they are counting on is selling tix to brokers. You know some crazy fan if they had to would sell their house to go.

Kyoko

I'm playing devil's advocate here; but how do we know that the show would really be that good?

Yeah, even if you actually saw the Smiths live, I am sure the idea of how good the show was gets exaggerated over time. What I do know Johnny's skills have vastly improved since the Smiths days and he can carry his weight. We no Moz can keep up his end. Andy and Mike? Hmmm I am guessing they need some serious rehearsal time. Going around playing DJ doesn't boost ones ability to play an instrument.

Kyoko

Last edited:
The show would be awesome, I'm sure, because I think they guard their reputation and care about the music enough that they wouldn't do a concert if they weren't going to be great. Having said that, I wouldn't pay any of those amounts to see the show. I'd probably pay that amount for them to come out with a new album, though, because that would be more enduring than just a concert.

I'd also pay that much to go back to 1985 and see them again. It'd be fun to be 18 again for a while, while I'm back there. :)

what a ridiculous poll

as if any fan can put minimal 700 dollar or pounds out of is wallet

being a fan is not related to how much money you have, or a how many
gigs you've been, if you have ever single and album on every format from
every country

it's all in the heart

There's no point in a Smiths reunion unless it let Morrissey let go of his feelings towards Mike Joyce. i don't think it's healthy to have that resentment, but I don't see any reason for The Smiths to reform for musical reasons.

Cant see it ever hapenning but I would pay to see it nonetheless. Barbra Strisand is getting €500 a ticket for God Sake!

Yes, I'd pay.
Easy answer.... No more than $500 per ticket though.

Back
Top Bottom