What's Everyone Reading At The Moment?

I'll be starting The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger soon :)

(I had to google, as that surname isn't easy to remember :D )

I hadn't read anything in months (lack of decent library around and lack of money to spend on books-they're not edible after all-) and I was not sure if I remembered how to read at all...When I was lent

Testimone inconsapevole by Gianrico Carofiglio

and

(deep breath) kami no kodomatachi wa mina odoru (and don't make me repeat it) by Haruki Murakami.

And phew, I still can read. Not the original versions though. ;)

I liked both. The Japanese book is very soothing. I haden't read Japanese authors before, I might develop an interest.

"Here's to you, Miharu". (for the old timers here):p !!!

I hadn't read anything in months (lack of decent library around and lack of money to spend on books-they're not edible after all-) and I was not sure if I remembered how to read at all...When I was lent

Testimone inconsapevole by Gianrico Carofiglio

(deep breath) kami no kodomatachi wa mina odoru (and don't make me repeat it) by Haruki Murakami.

And phew, I still can read. Not the original versions though. ;)

I liked both. The Japanese book is very soothing. I haden't read Japanese authors before, I might develop an interest.

"Here's to you, Miharu". (for the old timers here):p !!!

I love Haruki Murakami. Which one are you reading (since I don't know Japanese) :)

I heart Stephen. :)

Well, I felt like something light and familiar (I mean, who HASN'T seen the movie?) and I love Stephen too. "The Stand" is my favorite book by him.

Well, I felt like something light and familiar (I mean, who HASN'T seen the movie?) and I love Stephen too. "The Stand" is my favorite book by him.

It is probably my favorite, although I do hate a clown.

Bag of Bones was really good, too.

I need something to read. I think I'll pick something up at work soon.

I heart Stephen. :)

It is probably my favorite, although I do hate a clown.

Bag of Bones was really good, too.

I need something to read. I think I'll pick something up at work soon.

"IT" was very good. Clowns bother me too. Even as a child I never thought they were funny; just creepy. I once witnessed two grown men get in a fight in B.Dalton over the last copy of, "The Tommyknockers" (it was Christmas) I'm still surprised and upset about David Foster Wallace.

"IT" was very good. Clowns bother me too. Even as a child I never thought they were funny; just creepy. I once witnessed two grown men get in a fight in B.Dalton over the last copy of, "The Tommyknockers" (it was Christmas) I'm still surprised and upset about David Foster Wallace.

The Tommyknockers? Really? Wow.

I've never witnessed a book fight. However, the idea of people fighting over a book pleases me. :)

Ironically, the only clown I can stand in a film is Pennywise, only because it's Tim Curry. During the opening scenes of The Dark Knight, I had to watch the top of the movie screen so I wouldn't have to look directly at the clowns.

Man, I hate a clown.

sad-clown.jpg

All I ever wanted was to make you happy... :(

The Tommyknockers? Really? Wow.

I've never witnessed a book fight. However, the idea of people fighting over a book pleases me. :)

Ironically, the only clown I can stand in a film is Pennywise, only because it's Tim Curry. During the opening scenes of The Dark Knight, I had to watch the top of the movie screen so I wouldn't have to look directly at the clowns.

Man, I hate a clown.

bysshe, it was unreal. These men must've been in their forties and first they started yelling about it and I ran into the back room to see if we had any more copies (of course we didn't) and they were pushing and shoving one another. I thought they were going to rip the book in half. One guy wrested it from the other one, and the defeated walked away, steamed :D I STILL haven't seen The Dark Knight! Me love Christian Bale too! Clowns are just plain evil.

bysshe, it was unreal. These men must've been in their forties and first they started yelling about it and I ran into the back room to see if we had any more copies (of course we didn't) and they were pushing and shoving one another. I thought they were going to rip the book in half. One guy wrested it from the other one, and the defeated walked away, steamed :D I STILL haven't seen The Dark Knight! Me love Christian Bale too! Clowns are just plain evil.

You are a much better bookseller than I am because I would have been too busy pissing my pants laughing at them to actually check to see if we had the book in stock.

When you finally do see The Dark Knight, be warned that the first six minutes of the movie is nothing but guys in clown masks. :eek:

I've read "IT" too, it was nice...

At the moment I'm reading: "Suuri Muumikirja", Tove Jansson... (Great/Big Moominbook :o)

Tags
books wit no pitchers but not much more just fuck off literary ponces long live books more to life than books nerds n squares obscurer and obscurer shakespeare is smart
Back
Top Bottom