Where would you be if you hadn't discovered Morrissey?

The Seeker of Good Songs

That is, has your life taken a different course since discovering Morrissey/The Smiths?
Might you have been on the road to being an accountant, but formed a band?

Did a lyric or a song or a show change you?
Were you on going to commit suicide but He spoke to you?

Did the night open your eyes?

I suppose it's made me happier and made me realize that other people think the way I do and share the same views about life.

a tuff straight edger in a youth crew band called "Change Your Life" "Thinking Positive" "Positivly Straight" or something like that...

del_taco.gif

Personally I feel a lot more grown up than before the obsession started :p like I wasn’t taking myself seriously enough or something. Hard to explain really. I also picked up the guitar because i wanted to sound as cool as Alain Whyte lol

drunk in some alley having sex with random strangers while listening to elton john and ranting about how it's the world's fault..all of this.

drunk in some alley having sex with random strangers while listening to elton john and ranting about how it's the world's fault..all of this.

You say that like it were a bad thing? Sounds like a great Friday night out to me!!! (Perhaps with a little less of Sir Elton.)

You say that like it were a bad thing? Sounds like a great Friday night out to me!!! (Perhaps with a little less of Sir Elton.)

I suppose we have different ideas of what great Fridays are like. I prefer to spend mine with a good Godard film...or a PG Wodehouse novel..
..but I was like that before Moz...
Sir Elton John is diiiiiissssgusting. I used to think that goodbye yellow brick road was a good song. But then again, I used to do drugs as well...so that explains it!

So if I stop listening to Moz I can get drunk and have sex with random strangers in an alley!

Well folks.. it's been really nice knowing you.

A guy like me? Are you impliying that I'm a bad person or something? I don't get it.

What's so bad about WallStreet anyway?
believe it or not, greed is not always good*
greedisnotgood.jpg

&

I used to do drugs as well...so that explains it!
well, if you do them again someday, don't be surprised :rolleyes:

*=me having real good laugh @ someone implying that
weed2vq8.gif
Kebab
is 'anti-wall street' :p

i don't think i'd be much different NOW, but i think my early to mid-20's would have been much different.

to play George bailey:

the stint at the college radio station- would not have happened.
traveling out of state to see concerts- would not have happened.
picking up the guitar and writing songs- would not have happened.
soul-sucking job doing paperwork because i wanted so-called "normal hours" to be in a band- would not have happened
a job editing news videos which was not taken because of the weird hours that would conflict with a band schedule- would have been taken.
i'd probably still be eating meat.
maybe i would have been more eager to date instead of cooping myself up. yeah, but because of the veggie thing, i'm sure that i've limited myself to a very small dating pool of men who aren't afraid they will be preached at or robbed of their hamburgers if they relied upon my cooking.

yet, explain how any of these things are nothing more than footnotes to what i've become. maybe it can be argued that it put me on an indirect path to law school instead of being some burn out driving a live truck and hanging out with the potheads and having a few DUI's to my name because of a string of guys who wanted me to keep up with them while they drank themselves under the table.

Back
Top Bottom