Why It's Time To Ditch Your Morrissey-Loving Friend - The Quietus

Can't say I've even heard a Stormzy song. If I did, I likely didn't like it and I definitely didn't know it was him.

Edit: agree on his whole "f*** Boris Johnson" and "f*** the government" sentiment.
But it's just not believable from an establishment puppet who has moved out of the hood of Thornton Heath (where even pregnant women get stabbed dead) to the leafy enclave of Chiswick alongside half of the BBC and the rest of the establishment media class.

Stormzy loves Boris now!

This is your fantasy. Morrissey doesn't terrify anyone, Morrissey is terrified. Morrissey is the one afraid of a dissenting opinion, Morrissey is the one afraid of confrontation, Morrissey is the one so committed to living inside of his bubble of selective, subjective reality that he can't allow anyone access beyond blood relatives and fawning blogger hacks. Morrissey gets to make lazy, trite observations about a country he doesn't live while lounging around in Los Angeles getting his dick sucked by members of America's own "immigration problem."

The fact that you think Morrissey is provoking any response beyond plain old disappointment shows how tiny your little world is.
Why have all the establishment companies like youtube and twitter started banning people if they were not afraid? I can assure you they are terrified. Though of course they don't want people (like you) to know this. But the clever among us do.

Speaking the truth is liberating, so Moz must be feeling pretty good lately.

Morrissey's lyrics are pretty clever (barring some awful ones on more recent albums), but he's not intelligent as such.
LOL

He's only summed up life and politics and people in general for a large part of his life and was always spot on and always nailed it. If that's not intelligence then nothing is. Also consider he hated working and found a way to avoid it and that is real intelligence while others slave on with something they pretend that they like but deep down hate every day of their lives.

He is the epitome of intelligence.

Why have all the establishment companies like youtube and twitter started banning people if they were not afraid? I can assure you they are terrified. Though of course they don't want people (like you) to know this. But the clever among us do.
Again, one of the absolute cornerstones of your narcissistic delusion is this sophomoric belief that if people are trying to "silence" you, you must be doing something right. If people are angry at you, you must be onto something. If people find your views repugnant and would rather not engage with them, then you must be the sole bearer of truth in this poor world corrupted by deception!

This is an opinion that most people should probably grow out of in teenhood somewhere, but I have a feeling that you haven't been a teenager (at least physically) in a long, long time.

Morrissey IS very smart. I mean, he is. He's not as smart as yours truly. But I definitely would NEVER get bored talking to him. Lovely boy.

As I said, he had some clever lyrics (pretty much the entirety of the Smiths back catalogue and most of 1988-1994), and he knows a lot about things he likes (e.g. Oscar Wilde), but I don't think he's inherently intelligent. Morrissey seems to take things very much at face value, rather than looking at things with inference or nuance. Take, for example, his proclamation that "Hitler was left wing". As well as being very, very incorrect, it just highlights his lack of understanding and lack of basic knowledge of well known history. He also compared animal slaughter to the Holocaust. As a devout vegan myself, I agree that animal slaughter is truly immoral, to compare it to the Holocaust is just plain stupid.

Again, one of the absolute cornerstones of your narcissistic delusion is this sophomoric belief that if people are trying to "silence" you, you must be doing something right. If people are angry at you, you must be onto something. If people find your views repugnant and would rather not engage with them, then you must be the sole bearer of truth in this poor world corrupted by deception!

This is an opinion that most people should probably grow out of in teenhood somewhere, but I have a feeling that you haven't been a teenager (at least physically) in a long, long time.
Late twenties in fact but yes, still a teenager and a very recalcitrant one.

Late twenties in fact but yes, still a teenager and a very recalcitrant one.
Late 20's. Jesus. I'm 29 and you read like a typical paranoid middle aged white man on Twitter.

Get out in the world. Enjoy life, read some books, meet new, different and interesting people. Stop spending so much time on the paranoid, conspiratorial parts of the internet. f*** the establishment (of which multi-millionaire, tax dodging, homes all over the world Morrissey is a part of).

Late 20's. Jesus. I'm 29 and you read like a typical paranoid middle aged white man on Twitter.

Get out in the world. Enjoy life, read some books, meet new, different and interesting people. Stop spending so much time on the paranoid, conspiratorial parts of the internet. f*** the establishment (of which multi-millionaire, tax dodging, homes all over the world Morrissey is a part of).
Do things, get out in the world...?

But I'm a Morrissey fan.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if these people could gain some perspective? Jimmy Page kept an underage sex slave in his cellar for over a year, do we throw over our friends who like Zeppelin, too?

Morrissey in 2019 is a loudmouthed bigot of the exact same variety that can be found in most families. He's old, past his prime, and unwell, and he's lashing out as his relevance declines. He hasn't hurt anyone. I shudder to think of a world in which we only engage with work from artists we agree with and personally like.

The wonderful world of European multi-culturalism is not well. The patient is sick. Talking about it does not make you a bigot. Mr M is unbelieabably of the moment........uber punk..........uber contemporary. Only the sheeple won't acknowledge it.

This "anti-establishment" mantle is a very funny morsel of cognitive dissonance when it comes to certain people's perception of Morrissey. He is both part of the establishment and desperately wants to ingratiate himself into it even moreso. He's a 60-year old man still obsessed with chart placement, with headlining slots at major festivals (the real and very transparent reason for the Stormzy bullshit), with appearing on late-night television. He adores the mainstream.

This "anti-establishment" mantle is a very funny morsel of cognitive dissonance when it comes to certain people's perception of Morrissey. He is both part of the establishment and desperately wants to ingratiate himself into it even moreso. He's a 60-year old man still obsessed with chart placement, with headlining slots at major festivals (the real and very transparent reason for the Stormzy bullshit), with appearing on late-night television. He adores the mainstream.

Agreed. He's pulling the same tricks that c***s like Farage and Trump do. Touting themselves as anti-establishment figures, despite being firmly part of the establishment and have been all of their lives.

Morrissey's case is slightly different. He dragged himself up from a working class existence through his equal partnership with Johnny. He found success and fortune despite his background and lack of prospects. He, along with the Smiths and dozens of other bands who did the same in the 80s were anti-establishment and went against everything the mainstream world of music said about how a band should be.

Fast forward to 2019, however, and Morrissey is a part of the establishment. For a start, he's had an established music career for getting towards 40 years. He's made millions upon millions of pounds. He left the UK so he didn't have to pay higher rates of tax. He owns several homes across the world. If that isn't establishment, then I don't know what is.

I would love to see the article and quote where Morrissey said he was a Christian. I have never seen that. Oh, yea is that the same article where he says he is gay and hates all black people?
Do your own f***ing research, clown-shoes. Stop reading “articles”. The words dribbled from his own, pouty, slack-jawed mouth. He made the statement on Broadway. You can watch and hear him say it on YouTube.

BTW -they have the internet on computers now, so - in future - you could probably click a few keys before making yourself look like an ignorant sack of shit, like the rest of the spoon-fed twats ‘round here. ;)

Agreed. He's pulling the same tricks that c***s like Farage and Trump do. Touting themselves as anti-establishment figures, despite being firmly part of the establishment and have been all of their lives.

Morrissey's case is slightly different. He dragged himself up from a working class existence through his equal partnership with Johnny. He found success and fortune despite his background and lack of prospects. He, along with the Smiths and dozens of other bands who did the same in the 80s were anti-establishment and went against everything the mainstream world of music said about how a band should be.

Fast forward to 2019, however, and Morrissey is a part of the establishment. For a start, he's had an established music career for getting towards 40 years. He's made millions upon millions of pounds. He left the UK so he didn't have to pay higher rates of tax. He owns several homes across the world. If that isn't establishment, then I don't know what is.
You don’t know what is.

YES! 100% truth. He’s also driven around in a Mini with a bumper sticker that says, “I only break for Morrissey.”

Well beyond establishment and into doucheville there.

The recent past and future are just cries of “Look at me!!!”. Not a shred of integrity left in his “poor me”, cashmere sweater wearing, Kerrygold eating hypocritical cranium.

You don’t know what is.

So you don't think a middle aged white man, with millions of pounds to his name and several homes, with a long career in the top tiers of the music industry, who sells out massive arenas, isn't the establishment?

Don't tell me, billionaire Trump isn't the establishment either?

Back
Top Bottom