why the drum solo to start the Operation?

Just pre-ordered it meself from HMV!

I haven't heard that bootleg, but I was lucky enough to be at this gig back in the day :)

Dublin 1995

01 - Do Your Best And Don´t Worry
02 - Reader Meet Author
03 - The Boy Racer
04 - Nobody Loves Us
05 - London
06 - We´ll Let You Know
07 - Spring-Heeled Jim
08 - Dageham Dave
09 - The Operation
10 - Now My Heart Is Full
11 - Speedway
12 - The Teachers Are Afraid Of Pupils
13 - The National Front Disco

the bootleg i have doesn't have london or now my heart is full. in there place are billy budd and hold on to your friends:guitar:

i sure have sir. i do like the original album the best, though the re-issue will be welcome. i pre ordered it last week from hmv for 8.99gbp. that practising trouble bootleg is good. i've got a copy with 13 tunes on, great quality and a great version of the operation and the teachers are afraid of the pupils:guitar:

Oy OOy! Stop taking credit for my find you Beastly man! :p

the bootleg i have doesn't have london or now my heart is full. in there place are billy budd and hold on to your friends:guitar:

Where might I find such a bootleg???

Also, Matt Walker is hot:

Matt_Walker.jpg

Someone once referred to Southpaw as "the band's album". I think in a way, after the poetry and intense introspection of Vauxhall Morrissey came up with a quick lyrical "rebuttal" and let the lads rock out.

And someone else once referred to Southpaw as 'pants'.
And that someone was me!

The whole Southpaw period was really good. I don't understand why people knock it so much. The drum solo is often underated and I'm surprised Cozy Powell wasn't brought out of retirement to help out on that album.

Back
Top Bottom