Wolverhampton Civic Hall 1988 full video posted at smithstorrents.co.uk

Can some kind soul please upload the video on sendspace or other sites???? In Germany you are not allowed/unable to watch it because the GEMA blocks it on you-tube.
Thank you in advance and -obviously- thank you to the person who has uploaded the video on smithstorrents.

Can some kind soul please upload the video on sendspace or other sites???? In Germany you are not allowed/unable to watch it because the GEMA blocks it on you-tube.
Thank you in advance and -obviously- thank you to the person who has uploaded the video on smithstorrents.

just copy the YouTube link and insert it to clipconverter

http://www.clipconverter.cc/

This is why you never can say "never". I never thought this would ever see the light of day but it did. My, what memories. Amazing!

Fantastic this video! I was wondering... it seems that this is a VHS 1st generation tape from the master.... so now, maybe, just maybe, a digital direct from the master will surface... if not in the next couple of years, 25 years from now when EMI will have to release it not to loose legal copyrights... or it's not the way it works, because it has not an unreleased song?

Fantastic this video! I was wondering... it seems that this is a VHS 1st generation tape from the master.... so now, maybe, just maybe, a digital direct from the master will surface... if not in the next couple of years, 25 years from now when EMI will have to release it not to loose legal copyrights... or it's not the way it works, because it has not an unreleased song?

Unreleased song? Also, am I the only one who sees 'Moz Tactic' instead of 'Moz TicTac'? This has been in the select hands of a few for a while now, and now that that vinyl album emerges, so does this? Circumspect, at best. Is Morrissey trying to force EMI's hand for the 'Yer Arse'n'all' release? Just my $.02 for what it's worth.

Figures I'm at work and have to wait til tonight to watch. Scumbag employment.

Not too convinced that there is some clever plot to pressure people to release this 'properly'.
It wouldn't sell well just because its short, interrupted and niche to say the least.
More likely someone took a copy from Tim Broad while he was still alive and working on it.
There is lots of footage not liberated yet. Remember the bus coming and going was filmed. Everyone entering was filmed too (which really interests me).
I think someone had the foresight to get this before the masters got tied up in the Broad Estate via his sad demise.
Then possibly flogged to someone who shared with a few until the weakest part of the chain broke and the 'I won't share yous' gave up and it filtered here.
Just my view. It has always remained vivid in my memory as it was visual confirmation that he was carrying on.
Regards,
FWD

Last edited:
Thank you ever so much for this. What a f***ing gem!!! Been waiting 23 years to see this.

Finally proof that Gannon was way in over his head. He wasn't getting jostled into making mistakes as people have said, he just didn't know the songs too well.

You people seem excited but this bootleg has been around for ages and I have had it on video and a disc for 20 years. Had a look and the one on Youtube had lipsync problems.

Unreleased song? Also, am I the only one who sees 'Moz Tactic' instead of 'Moz TicTac'? This has been in the select hands of a few for a while now, and now that that vinyl album emerges, so does this? Circumspect, at best. Is Morrissey trying to force EMI's hand for the 'Yer Arse'n'all' release? Just my $.02 for what it's worth.

Nothing to do with Moz trying to get it released officially. EMI wanted to put it out on the proposed 2-disc 'Viva Hate' remaster a couple of years ago, and Morrissey blocked it.

Now - will someone please leak the 'South With Morrissey' documentary film that was blocked, please?

To be honest, if I recall, the whole thing was slapped together quickly.
I wouldn't expect everyone playing to be fully familiar with songs that had literally just come out/solo b sides.
I think he grabbed who he could and doubt there was too much rehearsal.
Im sure someone with a better memory will correct me, but I think there was only a couple of days notice before the chaos ensued.
Regards,
FWD

To be honest, if I recall, the whole thing was slapped together quickly.
I wouldn't expect everyone playing to be fully familiar with songs that had literally just come out/solo b sides.
I think he grabbed who he could and doubt there was too much rehearsal.
Im sure someone with a better memory will correct me, but I think there was only a couple of days notice before the chaos ensued.
Regards,
FWD

According to a fanzine Smiths Indeed, it was announced on 19th during BBC Radio 1 John Peel.

I found out on 21st when I arrived Edinburgh from Dundee.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom