"World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK (May 13)

wpinoyb_single.jpg

An anonymous person posted the link to the song download (May 13) on Amazon UK:

World Peace Is None Of Your Business - Amazon UK
Morrissey
13 May 2014

Label: Virgin EMI
Copyright: (C) 2014 Morrissey, Under Exclusive License To Harvest Records
Total Length: 4:32
Genres: Indie & Alternative
ASIN: B00K9M1A8K

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK

He lives full time in America.. Los Angeles... Not London, or Manchester... Or Ireland...

Re: Article: "World Peace Is None Of Your Business" single sleeve; song download listed on Amazon UK

I just listened to a one minute sample of it here. Love it. The chorus is wonderful.

I've listened to that clip a couple of times today! It did turn out very nicely, but I kind of really want to hear the whole thing.

I guess I will have to wait.

- - - Updated - - -

It's on amazon in the US!

Looks like somebody lied to Viva.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Peace-None-Your-Business/dp/B00K6OSAKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399955460&sr=8-1&keywords=world+peace+is+none+of+your+business

I've listened to that clip a couple of times today! It did turn out very nicely, but I kind of really want to hear the whole thing.

I guess I will have to wait.

- - - Updated - - -

It's on amazon in the US!

Looks like somebody lied to Viva.

http://www.amazon.com/World-Peace-N...keywords=world+peace+is+none+of+your+business

Thanks. I prefer Amazon to iTunes.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Thanks. I prefer Amazon to iTunes.

I don't usually buy digital downloads. I usually go with vinyl or get the CD and rip it.

It was kind of silly to buy it knowing that I am going to buy the full LP in a couple months, but what can I say this is exciting.

I don't usually buy digital downloads. I usually go with vinyl or get the CD and rip it.

It was kind of silly to buy it knowing that I am going to buy the full LP in a couple months, but what can I say this is exciting.

I don't usually either. But it is amazing. So excited to hear the whole album. Can't wait.

I don't usually either. But it is amazing. So excited to hear the whole album. Can't wait.

I'm curious if my local commercial free/listener supported indie rock/general eclecticness station will play it.

For the most part the only Morrissey songs they play are I am Throwing My Arms Around Paris and Suedehead, but they did play Upstarts by Johnny Marr when I was in my car today--so maybe they will?

I'm curious if my local commercial free/listener supported indie rock/general eclecticness station will play it.

For the most part the only Morrissey songs they play are I am Throwing My Arms Around Paris and Suedehead, but they did play Upstarts by Johnny Marr when I was in my car today--so maybe they will?

Do they take requests? Can you do many voices? Make them think there is demand. Better still enlist all your friends to call in. Haha. This biker bar across the street from me has a bunch of Moz and New Order tunes on their Jukebox. You just never know.

Do they take requests? Can you do many voices? Make them think there is demand. Better still enlist all your friends to call in. Haha. This biker bar across the street from me has a bunch of Moz and New Order tunes on their Jukebox. You just never know.

I am technically just out of their range, but when I drive about 40 minutes to visit my parents they come in just fine. I have no idea where the cut off. I wish they would increase their signal strength as they are pretty much the only radio station I can stand.

So I resisted listening to the preview clip and I haven't watched any of the new shows on Youtube so got to hear 'WPINOYB' just after midnight last night, lying in bed, in the dark, as he'd have wanted.

The Good

Man, that production is TIGHT. After the sludgey production of ROTT and the overproduced NOISE of YOR - both albums which I like, btw - this is a revelation. No longer does Jesse drown everything out, in fact, the song actually allows you to hear what he's doing and...it's good? I know, I can't believe it either.

And of course, the voice. THE VOICE. He sounds better than he has in years. At times in YOR you can really hear him stretching for notes - especially on something like 'IOBM' but there's no hint of that here; he sounds perfectly in command, running his voice up and down the scales, sculpting the melody in ways only he can. That's the other thing I wanted to say, the melody in this is really good, really catchy. It's not going to chart - of course it's not! - but damn if this isn't a nice little sing-along (or as close as Modern Moz can be) and I'll be interested to see if the Indie stations pick this up for airplay.

The Bad

I don't know why they've got the 'MLSOTR' outro here again. Mid-song the drumbeat works, bringing to mind the crack of rifles and the whump of mortars - surely intentional - but that end literally copies 'Mama's' ending, it's very strange. See also the intro, which unlike something like 'Maladjusted', which built to an explosive start, this chugs along, all very strange and weird until there is an airport-style calling tone and a totally different song starts. I'm still not sold on the Italian style solo's that Boz keeps sticking everywhere but hey-ho, that's part of the Moz sound now so I'll live with it. I do however like the ephymeral voice at the end. Lovely way to close out.

The Ugly

We all now that the Morrissey of old, the one who's lyrics leapt from the page, danced across the chandeliers and had you laughing along as you wondered just how he managed to fit sixteen syllables into a space designed for eight is long gone; the aged warrior has swapped his rapier for a broadsword. Where once he filleted, now he clubs. Such is life. I've made my peace with it. May others have. Having said that....'"Police will, stun you with their stun guns." is a certified contender for his worst ever lyric, especially as it's followed by the tazer line, which on it's own would have been fine.

Overall, I think it's a good song; a catchy little Moz song that will pick up some headlines and one which is quite bold for the first single off the new album. I've also just watched the promo vid which is HILARIOUS; so good to see him having fun and poking fun at himself. How many sites will run pieces about how up his arse he is, thinking that promo is a serious attempt at being a poet?

All in all, a good time to be a Moz fan. We live in strange times. Moz times.

Back
Top Bottom