Would Morrissey accept a new years honour?

:confused:

lainey already mentioned that Alan Benett, Albert Finny, LS Lowery etc turned it down, Morrissey will be happy to follow them rather than accepting it.

That's right, if lainey has already said he wont accept it, clearly he wont accept it:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

Re: For your interest

Surely you would need to petition Trafford Council... He was born in Urmston and lived in Stretford and then Hale - so he's a Trafford Lad.

Dave

He lived in Hulme in Manchester for a bit didn't he?

Manchester, Trafford and Salford might all consider using his name for different reasons I guess.

That's right, if lainey has already said he wont accept it, clearly he wont accept it:rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

eh? what have I said?

I didn't realise I had so much passive influence:lbf:

is there such a thing as passive influence or have a made sonmething up?

As for the OP I'd have thought it's a definite 'no', although he did appear on The One Show so could surprise us. :)

Frank Sidebottom?

Ha ha
No, he does a lot of work with the football supporters federation - when England play abroad, he visits the country in advance, meet embassy staff / consulates and local police to make arrangements so that when the hoardes arrive, hopefully there will be no trouble and that fans have all the details about where to go / not to go etc etc and they have a set up on the match day so if you are in trouble you can get advice etc etc
He works alongside with the home office a lot as they fund the position

Jukebox Jury
Sorry, got :confused: for a minute there. I had a vision of Frank turning up in foreign fields, instead of your mate. Might be an idea though eh?

Surely you would need to petition Trafford Council... He was born in Urmston and lived in Stretford and then Hale - so he's a Trafford Lad.
Dave
So, does anyone actually come from a place called 'Manchester'? I thought Glasgow had a touch of the parochial territorials but that was nowt 'til I got to know some Mancs. If you're out by a street they'll have a fit. And don't even get 'em started on Salford. ;)

So, does anyone actually come from a place called 'Manchester'? I thought Glasgow had a touch of the parochial territorials but that was nowt 'til I got to know some Mancs. If you're out by a street they'll have a fit. And don't even get 'em started on Salford. ;)

I'm not sure it's that parochial really, although parts of Trafford feel more like Manchester than others. I may mistaken but I don't think Trafford even existed until the 70s so not sure whether Moz would relate to it as a place.

Plus, who put the M in Manchester eh :thumb:

Morrissey deserves recognition for his talent and lifelong success, however, am afraid Unicorns will walk the Earth before Morrissey is accepted for a Knigthood.

He has spoken out against the 'Royal House' - were he in the social climber's book 'Who's Who' - his name would be crossed out in red. That's what happens at the 'Palace'.

One dj recently lost his job for saying the Queen's speech was boring.

The Establishment and their 'invisible' protectors seem to be becoming ever more hysterical in their response to criticisms.

Otherwise he would accept a Knighthood - nothing lower, anything lower would be derogatory.

King Morrissey, we love you. The people's love is more powerful and more illustrious beautiful one.

Oh, I did request to paint Morrissey's portrait for the BP National Portrait Award 2010, but predictably no reply came . . .

As for the OP I'd have thought it's a definite 'no', although he did appear on The One Show so could surprise us. :)

Didn't he appear on The One Show because it's one of his Mother's favorite shows?

Born in Davyhulme, actually. By Mr. Pedant.

I always thought that Davyhulme was in Urmston... I always get lost in Urmston / Davyhulme / Flixton - too many roundabouts!

If we're being really pedantic - then he didn't live in Stretford either - but rather Firswood!

Dave

I always thought that Davyhulme was in Urmston... I always get lost in Urmston / Davyhulme / Flixton - too many roundabouts!

If we're being really pedantic - then he didn't live in Stretford either - but rather Firswood!

Dave

:doh:

Didn't he appear on The One Show because it's one of his Mother's favorite shows?

Yes, apparently so. I wonder what would she think of him turning down an honour from the palace, and would it make any difference.

Still, I think there's enough on his record to ensure the need to decide never arises.

Back
Top Bottom