Years of Refusal Artwork

I haven't seen it, but it's cool. Thanks for the link!

I'm amazed by their design for McCartney's Chaos and Creation in the Backyard. Look at McCartney's name, then turn your head and look at it again.

paulmc-chaos-05.jpg

are these bunnies with flowers which you can see in the albumbooklet?
you know ..these little white drawings in the booklet..I havent got it in hand right now
but I do remember theyre next to the songtitles in the booklet where they lyrics are printed....

are these bunnies with flowers which you can see in the albumbooklet?
you know ..these little white drawings in the booklet..I havent got it in hand right now
but I do remember theyre next to the songtitles in the booklet where they lyrics are printed....

Cornucopia- you know, cone shaped baskets with fruit spilling out? I don't know the German word, probably the same more or less. In American, they're often used as a symbol of Thanksgiving.

Wonderful site, thank you!

"(Herb) Alpert was due to guest on Refusal but instead only appears in homage on the cover."

Impressive stuff...still trying to figure out how they did that! A McCartney palindrome (of sorts!)

Sheila - Sorry to say they're not bunnies! It took me a while to work it out but they are cornucopias - see the noallegiances link above for explanation. It's a symbol of food and abundance, not quite sure what Moz is getting at - any ideas anyone!?

Here's a quick link -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornucopia

see the poster for California on the right hand side? It's exactly the same shape and detail as those on the album booklet.

Cornucopia- you know, cone shaped baskets with fruit spilling out? I don't know the German word, probably the same more or less. In American, they're often used as a symbol of Thanksgiving.

ooops need new glasses i did mistake them for bunnies:blushing:
thanks I havent seen that symbol before

bunnies.....bunnies

oh no now i have this song about bunnies from the (musical) buffy episiode in my head;-)

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
And what's with all the carrots?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies

:lbf:

Last edited:
My CD has "Shame is the name" etched on the "end groove" of the record. Just like the old days.....secret messages. :thumb:

I haven't seen it, but it's cool. Thanks for the link!

I'm amazed by their design for McCartney's Chaos and Creation in the Backyard. Look at McCartney's name, then turn your head and look at it again.

Very cool!

Did you know that if you listen to Chaos and Creation in the Backyard while hanging upside down it still sounds like shit? :rolleyes:

Ah-HA! So you haven't bought it yet-- why? Because you're afraid it will confirm your worst fears? :guitar:

Macca going off the rails decades ago is no reflection on the Beatles, y'know.

I've bought only one new album by him since the late 90s, and I've picked up a few others at thrift stores. I don't think I've even listened to half of them.

Back
Top Bottom