Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Hello baz,

Well..he can either keep them or sell them :D

If he wants to sell he should post pictures/scans of the correspondence and all available information. Those letters could make serious money if their authenticity can be proven. I for one am very interested in this kind of memorabilia, but I only buy from 100 % reliable sources (.....I know one can never be 100 % safe)

-crsp-

hello - not to sure if this is the best place for this post but hey ho. I work beside someone who was a pen friend of morrissey before morrissey was famous - i.e. b4 the smiths.

He knew him just as the smiths were about to start touring etc and has various bits of correspondence all hand signed by morrissey (the main body of the text is type).

The best one is a letter inviting my friend to a gig to see what he thought - my friend didn't go.

Needless to say he has lots of other pieces - hand signed james dean etc etc -

What do you think he should do with these pieces of history?

Anyone heard of the dvd "This Night has Crowded my Stage"?

Any thoughts on this you are willing to share?

Anyone? I did buy it. It has 3 parts. 1 of which I had on a previous dvd. But there is a live performance from 83 or 84. Also there is a recording of the "South Bank Show" I think it's called. Must have been from late 86/early 87. A Scottish documentary sort of program. I thought it was very interesting but the "music writer/critic" they featured looked like he needed to be rushed to rehab. Seriously. I liked it though

I went to Mozchester and did the MOZ tour, including SLC Smiths' room. :)

I bought:

Vinyl, bootleg - THE SMITHS blue ( SFX 001)
Vinyl, bootleg - Handsome devil ( SM001)

The Quuen is dead - picture disc
Meat is murder - picture disc

and I am waiting for "I Know Very Well How I Got My Note Wrong" -
7'' promo, from Ebay.

Anyone? I did buy it. It has 3 parts. 1 of which I had on a previous dvd. But there is a live performance from 83 or 84. Also there is a recording of the "South Bank Show" I think it's called. Must have been from late 86/early 87. A Scottish documentary sort of program. I thought it was very interesting but the "music writer/critic" they featured looked like he needed to be rushed to rehab. Seriously. I liked it though

is that Nick Kent from the nme, the guy in the red jacket in the South Bank Show?

love

Grim

I bought:

7'' promo, from Ebay.

LM did you see any interesting characters in the Smiths room at SLC :)

love

Grim

Hi Lorimoz,

Did you possibly get the bootlegs from the "Vinyl Revival" shop off Oldham Street Manchester (for 9.99 GBP each)?? I was holding them in my hands a couple of weeks ago but got terribly told off by BF who was being an impatient pain...and doesnt understand my passion...so I didnt buy them in the end. :(

Happy they ended up in good hands. ;)

love
-crsp-

I bought:

7'' promo, from Ebay.

is that Nick Kent from the nme, the guy in the red jacket in the South Bank Show?

love

Grim

Oh yes. That man looked as if he has serious drug problems. I know it was the 80's and blow was still very popular but if I were directing such a program and the "music expert" did his interview in that condition, I would have thrown the footage out and just included more John Peel. Now I found his commentary to be quite interesting.

i just want to see the boy happy 12" for 9.99 GBP at sister rays

seeing people wanting from 30$-100$(omg!!) for it ,i can say i did great job
anyway,few more copies left at sister rays for 9.99

LM did you see any interesting characters in the Smiths room at SLC :)

love

Grim

Nah. Only a dodgy geezer :D. See pix below:

summer2007086.jpg
(only kidding)

Btw Grim, my friends and I met kevin and Brian, bought some SLC T-shirts and made a donation.

Crisp, yes the bootlegs ended up in a happy home. ;)

Hehe...I know the two chaps in the middle...

Latest addition to my household:
- "The Smiths" Japanese Tokuma album + red 7 inch interview flexi

bloody hell was that 4 years ago, I still wear that City shirt! (who just called me a sad bastard?).
Vinyl Revival, if you talk to the owner he relates an interesting story about Moz calling in his shop in 2004. I personally have always found Vinyl Exchange to be the best for promo's & cd-r's though. Mind you I remember when Afflecks used to have about 1/2 a dozen decent record stalls too.

oooh the good ol days eh?

love

Grim

Affleck's Palace is hopeless these days...Vinyl Exchange Oldham Street is my favourite, too, do they have a wider selection of CDs in their Bridge Street shop?

Affleck's Palace is hopeless these days...Vinyl Exchange Oldham Street is my favourite, too, do they have a wider selection of CDs in their Bridge Street shop?

Crsp it's a much smaller shop at Bridge Street that's why they don't do vinyl there, I think I've only had to go there about twice because they didn't have what I wanted at the Oldham Street shop.
Clampdown records off Piccadilly square has some good bootlegs but they ask way too much for them. Oxfam is worth checking out as well, they occasionally have something worth buying in.

love

Grim

this week I got...

the Strangeways pic disc l.p. (ebay)
Handome Devil l.p. (sister ray)
3 X Maladjusted cd (UK Island copy) (play.com)
1 ROTT cd & 1 ROTT cd/dvd (play.com)

100_0189.jpg

100_0202.jpg

100_0192.jpg

love

Grim

Last edited:
GU brought home the Johnny Marr book 'The Smiths & The Art Of Gun-Slinging' by Richard Carman (£4 from FOPP)

love

Grim

Grimo, you PLAY your records :eek:? I dont even have a record player anymore...(sad i know). Those Sister Ray 12" picture discs look VERY interesting.

I added to my collection this week:
- Smiths "Sheila.." German green 12 inch
- Smiths "Panic" German blue 12 inch w red label
- Smiths interview 7 inch gold vinyl (actually i have no idea what this is...)
- Moz 7" DJ retro sleeve promos "Sing Your Life", "Piccadilly Palare", "Preggers FTLT" (thanks Stephano!)
- Moz "Have-A-Go Merchant" 7 inch
- Moz "Hold On To Your Friends" promo CD (w/alternative sleeve)

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom