A Glossary - Encyclpedia Forum

The Seeker of Good Songs

After inquiring myself about what certain Morrissey song phrases mean, and seeing inquires from others, would a glossary or " 'pedia" forum be useful for definitions of things: lyric phrases, locations and their meanings, trivia, etc.

Stephane's passionsjustlikemine.com is regarded as one.
Moreover, if we'd have it general discussion forum will be destined to the gutter? :p

Re: A Glossary - Encyclopedia Forum

Stephane's passionsjustlikemine.com is regarded as one.
Moreover, if we'd have it general discussion forum will be destined to the gutter? :p

Thank you for your reply.

I have been to "Passions" but unless I missed something, it does not give specific details.

I mean answers to things like, What is Rubber Ring about? What is the mute witness tying to describe, What is Strangeways, What is Whalley Range, the Iron Bridge, the Palms, etc.

Perhaps a forum is the wrong term, but rather a wikipedia type area, where entries can be made but also edited/corrected, but no discussion on the specific items. Perhaps the area would be limited in who can add the items and/or correct them, but anyone can ask to have an item put into the Glossary.

I mean answers to things like, What is Rubber Ring about? What is the mute witness tying to describe, What is Strangeways, What is Whalley Range, the Iron Bridge, the Palms, etc.

The answers to all of The Smiths' lyrical references are in Simon Goddard's 'Songs That Saved Your Life' book.

Jukebox Jury

Those are just Goddard's impressions. It would be nice to have something that people can contribute.. a wiki like thing that the content must be related to the entry.

You could but I think it would be better to download the wiki code (media wiki) and install it on moz-solo. free to download, anyone would be able to edit and add to it.

the mozwa site has it. that might be a good place to do this kind of thing.

its free and easy to set up

maybe it needs to be a side project like..

mozzapedia.com or something

You could but I think it would be better to download the wiki code (media wiki) and install it on moz-solo. free to download, anyone would be able to edit and add to it.

the mozwa site has it. that might be a good place to do this kind of thing.

its free and easy to set up

maybe it needs to be a side project like..

mozzapedia.com or something

That would be an interesting project allthough somepeople might get the idea to start to "compete" with other sites such as passions. Clear rules would be needed. Still I don't doubt that there's people here with a lot to contribute.

Back
Top Bottom