A question for Sanctuary Records ahead of the release of the new Morrissey single

Bournemoz

To whom it may concern at Sanctuary Records,

Can you confirm the following?

a) Record pluggers have been doing their upmost to ensure the new track gets UK airplay, ahead of its release date of December 4th. As yet, I haven't heard it at all on any radio station.

b) With the release of a supposed video to go with the single, have music tv stations received a copy of it? If so, will we expect to see it on the box before "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy" hits the shops?

c) Have lessons been learnt since the relative failings of the last two releases?

Regards,

Bournemoz

Very good questions.
Have you emailed them to Sanctuary direct too?

The Goat

General Enquiries

Sanctuary Records Group
Sanctuary House
45 - 53 Sinclair Road
London
W14 0NS

T: +44 (0)20 7602 6351
F: +44 (0)20 7603 5941

General enquiries: [email protected]

Of course the 'relative failure' couldn't be down to Moz just not being that popular or people just not liking the songs? :rolleyes:

How would people know they don't like the song if they never get to hear it?

But to be honest, I get the impression this release is just aimed at fans, with it being a mainly vinyl release. They probably just felt they ought to do something to promote the tour.

If people are interested they'll find the song. I never, ever, listen to any music radio stations, but I still get a couple of new albums every week because there are other ways of finding new music that you like.

If people are interested they'll find the song. I never, ever, listen to any music radio stations, but I still get a couple of new albums every week because there are other ways of finding new music that you like.

I don't think it quite works like that when it comes to the charts. You have to get airplay to get anywhere. Most people just buy what they hear on the radio.

Yes a few people will hear the song on the internet and like it, but most don't investigate that far.

So how do all these people listening to Razorlights "America" day after day know they don't like Morrissey's new single that they've never heard?

I don't think it quite works like that when it comes to the charts. You have to get airplay to get anywhere. Most people just buy what they hear on the radio.

Yes a few people will hear the song on the internet and like it, but most don't investigate that far.

So how do all these people listening to Razorlights "America" day after day know they don't like Morrissey's new single that they've never heard?

People who sign Razorlight are the scum of the earth personnally they are right to assume they won't like Morrissey!! :p

But, really, why care about the singles chart anyway?

The album chart is far, far more important that the singles chart these days and has been for a long time now. It's certainly where most of the money comes from.

Back
Top Bottom