A question of flowers...

Bill Zero

Someone we know who is clearly stuck in the 80's, greeted our news of getting Moz tickets for Manchester with the rejoinder "Him with the daffodils in his back pocket?"

"No. Gladioli." we retorted.

But he maintains that it was daffodils, citing the number of Google search results as 'evidence'.

Now, I'm pretty sure that Moz only ever sported gladdies, although daffodils may have made it on stage after being brought along by fans (as a cheaper, more readily available alternative).

Can anyone furnish an authoritative source that backs me up? (A quote from Moz stating "Daffs? Yuk!" or a scan of a gig rider where gladioli are specified? Throw me a bone-shaped piece of tofu here, people!)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Bill Zero

Someone we know who is clearly stuck in the 80's, greeted our news of getting Moz tickets for Manchester with the rejoinder "Him with the daffodils in his back pocket?"

"No. Gladioli." we retorted.

But he maintains that it was daffodils, citing the number of Google search results as 'evidence'.

Now, I'm pretty sure that Moz only ever sported gladdies, although daffodils may have made it on stage after being brought along by fans (as a cheaper, more readily available alternative).

Can anyone furnish an authoritative source that backs me up? (A quote from Moz stating "Daffs? Yuk!" or a scan of a gig rider where gladioli are specified? Throw me a bone-shaped piece of tofu here, people!)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Bill Zero

I think that gladioli were his preferred flower, but they're not available all year round, only in the summer and autumn. Daffs, however, are available more in the spring, so that might explain it.

I'm afraid that he definitely did like daffodils, though. :p

Back
Top Bottom