ALO! (Serbian tabloid) mentions skin cancer rumor

Re: Skin cancer rumour

Without even clicking the link...

What does endlessly speculating about what illnesses Morrissey may or may not have accomplish? Nothing. If he wants to divulge anything, he will. Otherwise, it's all just people talking to make themselves feel like they know things they don't.

I don't think he'll ever clear this up. f***.

I feel like he will pull a Freddy Mercury and never announce he's ill and we will just get a release that he's dead.

I really hope this isn't the case.

The lack of protest over this tabloid link being on the main page suggests that the hoopla over the last link was about the subject matter--pedophilia--and not because of the lack of credibility of the news source/blog. Not that I ever doubted that for a second. Cancer isn't quote as taboo to talk about, is it?

...Or perhaps everyone has now simply accepted that this is the type of passive-aggresive trash stunt that 'the site' pulls, from time to time.

The vast quantity and passionate quality of the protests last time out made bugger all difference to the situation.

We know the score now.

I'm sure the 'Serbian tabloid' is thankful for the clicks.

"I feel like he will pull a Freddy Mercury and never announce he's ill and we will just get a release that he's dead.

I really hope this isn't the case."

maybe but thats not as easy to do this day and age

...Or perhaps everyone has now simply accepted that this is the type of passive-aggresive trash stunt that 'the site' pulls, from time to time.

The vast quantity and passionate quality of the protests last time out made bugger all difference to the situation.

We know the score now.

Nah. It was the emotionally loaded subject matter. People will be bitching about his editorial decision five years from now. No one will recall this thread. Not because people are jaded. But because they feel indifferent to the subject. Moral outrage inspires people to react and act.

"I feel like he will pull a Freddy Mercury and never announce he's ill and we will just get a release that he's dead.

I really hope this isn't the case."

maybe but thats not as easy to do this day and age

He's pretty good at disappearing, especially when he's in Switzerland.

If highlighting 'negative' links as well as 'positive' ones is considered 'passive-aggressive' by your definition, I guess it is.

We know the score now.

He's pretty good at disappearing, especially when he's in Switzerland.[/QUOTE

yeah hes good at disappearing but thats not dying which if you wanna extend your life as long as possible for your loved ones. i guess im saying that dying from cancer usually involves doctors and various caregivers when in decline and that you dont just drop dead. those people frequently talk in this day and age and theres more outlets for quotes and pics than ever before so this is more what i meant

If highlighting 'negative' links as well as 'positive' ones is considered 'passive-aggressive' by your definition, I guess it is.

There are 'negative' links and then there are...Serbian tabloids.
And twisted-paranoid-headcase wordpress blogs.
It's a matter of degrees.
And editorial bent.

'Highlighting' is such a pleasant, positive word isn't it?
I remember that you used it often amidst the nearly 1000 complaints about the wordpress blog news story in the summer.
As if you're just randomly shining a light around Moz World.
But that light is directed and aimed.
And if you point it at piles of blatant steaming shite, and tag it as a 'news story', then you should expect to be called on it.

Where did I tag it as a 'news story'? It's a link to an item of interest and labeled a rumor. Don't tell me people weren't interested when it was originally posted, because people were interested in the source. It hasn't been fully debunked as far as I know. Where did the part about skin cancer and avoiding chemotherapy come from? They made it up? Prove it or otherwise you are speculating just like others. Maybe there is some Serbian interview forthcoming, there have been a lot of interviews in non-English media that have come out lately.

There are 'negative' links and then there are...Serbian tabloids.
And twisted-paranoid-headcase wordpress blogs.
It's a matter of degrees.
And editorial bent.

'Highlighting' is such a pleasant, positive word isn't it?
I remember that you used it often amidst the nearly 1000 complaints about the wordpress blog news story in the summer.
As if you're just randomly shining a light around Moz World.
But that light is directed and aimed.
And if you point it at piles of blatant steaming shite, and tag it as a 'news story', then you should expect to be called on it.

Last edited:

Where did I tag it as a 'news story'? It's a link to an item of interest and labeled a rumor. Don't tell me people weren't interested when it was originally posted, because people were interested in the source. It hasn't been fully debunked as far as I know. Where did the part about skin cancer and avoiding chemotherapy come from? They made it up? Prove it or otherwise you are speculating just like others. Maybe there is some Serbian interview forthcoming, there have been a lot of interviews in non-English media that have come out lately.

You're right: We don't know if this is debunked.

As far as I know the chemotherapy quote isn't taken from another interview. He's never mentioned it before.

I'm scared an actual interview confirming these things.

Most likely it is as people suspect, since it's a tabloid. But TMZ is also known as a tabloid and the recent bodyguard lawsuit turned out to be true, even when a supposed insider insisted the story was made up. Looking at this article from 2013:

Morrissey opens up about nearly ‘dying’ after coughing up ‘black blood’ - Metro (July 2013)

Maybe they mixed up refusing a transfusion with chemotherapy.

You're right: We don't know if this is debunked.

As far as I know the chemotherapy quote isn't taken from another interview. He's never mentioned it before.

I'm scared an actual interview confirming these things.

According to the lyric sheet, the line is "minor's melanoma."

Ah, thank you! My I-tunes purchase didn't come with a lyric sheet. Unless I just didn't see it in a hidden file or something. But now it makes more sense because he's referring to juveniles.

However, this tabloid piece isn't totally bogus. Moz once said in an audio interview that he would probably die on stage in Chicago. :(
I want Mozzer's health to be restored to 100% because he's not allowed to predecease his fans. :)

the paper mentions Moz would do it "the natural way", it sounds something like Moz would say to be honest, just because it has old statements mixed in does not mean that there is no truth in the matter, after all, Moz would love to sue the paper, yet TTY stays quiet.. I expect TTY to say boo, hiss, not true, but no lawsuit would be a giveaway

Total bullshit - people with skin cancer who "don't have much time left" look like Paul Eddington did: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c386/Michael_Fish_UKHeir/Snap2014-12-17at095810_zps5b66ac85.jpg

If it really is a skin thing, I would guess it's more likely to be a basal cell carcinoma (and they are fairly common and also benign - I've had one removed). This scenario puts the doubters in a difficult position because it IS cancer, which makes it difficult to accuse him of lying or "exploiting [it] for sympathy [and] publicity" even though it's not fatal. I would also suggest that it's the frenzied rumour-mill on here that has elevated this issue into a much bigger deal than it really is. It's hard to argue that he is to blame for his own medical conditions or that he's been sensationalising it for whatever motive. It's the uninformed conjecture on this site which is responsible for any sensationalising; I know for a fact that one journalist who has written a "Morrissey/Cancer" story for a national newspaper did so only after having read some of the nonsense on here. Yes, I know that makes the journalist in question guilty of being an idiot, but it's indicative of how frenzied online speculation is frequently mistaken for "news" these days. And then unfortunately it just becomes a vicious circle: online speculation is presented in newspapers as "fact" - prompting further fevered conjecture on the net.

Ok, i understand the language so here's translation of important bits.
I think it is simply rubbish. This magazine has, let's put it mildly, "a reputation".

Says the following:
"Kad su mi doktori rekli da ću još kratko živeti, nisam se uznemirio. Svi ćemo ionako pre ili kasnije umreti. Voleo bih da to bude na pozornici, a ne na kauču prekrivenom mrvicama"

"When doctors told me I have a short time to live, I wasn't upset. We're all going to die sooner or later. I would love it to be on stage and not on the couch filled with breadcrumbs."

Later it says:
"...a sumnja se da Morisi ima rak kože."
which basically says "it is believed that Morrissey has skin cancer"

Also it says
"Osećam se dobro i lečiću se prirodnim putem, ne hemoterapijom - rekao je pevač."
"I feel good, and I'll be using natural treatments instead of chemotherapy."

The headline says he has skin cancer, the article that it's suspected. Pretty hard to take this seriously.

skin cancer where? on his knee?
morrissey is responsible for creating the situation in the first place. why would anyone complain about a link to a tabloid story anyways? a morrissey site is to ignore a morrissey story because its in a tabloid?

The headline says he has skin cancer, the article that it's suspected. Pretty hard to take this seriously.

It's not news, it's not an interview, it's a fabricated article. They collected scraps from here and there, recycled it and spiced it up with their own shit. It's not even low-end jurnalism, they are miles below that. :sick:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom