American guns strike again

health care is better in united states is fantastic, if you are a white person, if you're black, hispanic then you're teeth will be as bad as the english.

I feel sorry for the victims families, such a needless loss of life.
I wouldn't have felt sorry had it been bush or any of his cronies though, as ye sow etc.

As WinkWink said, banning assault weapons is a great idea and should have already happened. As Robby pointed out, however, the right to own guns is a basic tenet of our system. US culture was for a long time a frontier society, and like it or not, those values remain fixed. You'll see legalized marijuana and gay marriage before you ever see guns banned here. That's reality. BTW, I come from a family in which nobody keeps guns in the home, but we're just a bunch of marginal Yankee eccentrics. :rolleyes:

I think that attitude is probably endemic of the vast majority of the U.S. But I suppose if people hadn't have stood up & been counted (& a few will have been shot down) then slavery would still be going & no doubt the Indians would still be hounded off their lands (if they hadn't all been killed by now, that is).

love

Grim

I wouldn't have felt sorry had it been bush or any of his cronies though, as ye sow etc.

I think that attitude is probably endemic of the vast majority of the U.S. But I suppose if people hadn't have stood up & been counted (& a few will have been shot down) then slavery would still be going & no doubt the Indians would still be hounded off their lands (if they hadn't all been killed by now, that is).

love

Grim

They are not Indians, they are Native Americans. As a matter of fact my cousins are still living exactly where they were when the English first landed. :p

They are not Indians, they are Native Americans. As a matter of fact my cousins are still living exactly where they were when the English first landed. :p

I never saw one John Wayne film where he shoots any Native Americans I guess your tv stations must either have been censored or the films had been dubbed quite a lot.

When I was a kid we used to play 'cowboys & indians', so what would it be these days...
'non-gender specific cowpersons & native americans', no wonder the kids play PS2 or 3 or whatever version they have these days eh?

love

Grim

The latest news from CNN is that the shooter was a Virginia Tech "student and native of South Korea".

gertrude, will you please brief us on the nutters of South Korea? Or have you not seen enough South Korean movies and TV shows to research the subject properly?

Last edited:
I never saw one John Wayne film where he shoots any Native Americans I guess your tv stations must either have been censored or the films had been dubbed quite a lot.

When I was a kid we used to play 'cowboys & indians', so what would it be these days...
'non-gender specific cowpersons & native americans', no wonder the kids play PS2 or 3 or whatever version they have these days eh?

love

Grim

Make up your mind, Grim. Is hounding Native Americans off their land,

a: a grave injustice (as you implied in your first post on this thread)

or

b: a great game for kids (see above)

And The Indians are a baseball team from Cleveland, baseball being what we played when I grew up. And by the time I was a kid everybody knew those John Wayne movies were racist.

The latest news from CNN is that the shooter was a Virginia Tech "student and native of South Korea".

gertrude, will you please brief us on the nutters of South Korea? Or have you not seen enough South Korean movies and TV shows to research the subject properly?

When he arrived in the US he probably had a walk around the town and bought some bread, eggs, cheese, hamburgers, deadly weapons, a CD and some sugar.
Guess which purchase he couldn't have made in the UK?

So if he went off his nut here the consequences would have been much less tragic.

And if you want to debate Korea's history and the terrible part the US played and still plays in it I'll be happy to oblige.

I do not think the UK is superior.
I'm just glad it's not full of nutters with guns, because the US is.

It's not about thinking we are superior. But you appear to be ignoring the facts, and are simply attacking me.

And in the meantime you will all keep watching your films (movies) where guns are the main star. Guns and murder and murder and guns. You love it - so stop bleating when it kicks you up the arse (ass)

I decided to read the whole thread before I posted and saw that Busy Clippers had already quoted this post but I have to say that your attitude is such that you can "attack" an entire nation, what, two or three times in these four sentences, and apparently you are unaware you're doing it. No, I didn't attack you or anyone. I'm challenging your views and your interpretation of the facts, not you.

About tougher gun laws, maybe in that state, but we've already seen John Lennon (handguns restrictions, fatal) and Ronald Reagan (Brady Bill - more handgun laws, survived) and we don't really do that anymore. The Brady Bill has been allowed to expire.

health care is better in united states is fantastic, if you are a white person, if you're black, hispanic then you're teeth will be as bad as the english.

It's true. When you go the dentist they don't even have waiting rooms for blacks and Hispanics. :eek: :rolleyes:

When he arrived in the US he probably had a walk around the town and bought some bread, eggs, cheese, hamburgers, deadly weapons, a CD and some sugar.
Guess which purchase he couldn't have made in the UK?

So if he went off his nut here the consequences would have been much less tragic.

And if you want to debate Korea's history and the terrible part the US played and still plays in it I'll be happy to oblige.

I'll give you credit for consistency. You started this thread arrogant, ghoulish, narrow-minded, and ignorant and you're going to keep it up no matter how badly you come off looking.

No doubt you'd be just as educational about U.S./Korea relations as you have been about American murderers (one Cho Seung-Hui of South Korea), but I think I'll humbly pass. I haven't watched enough TV to match your erudition.

love

Grim

Right. The fact that I believe in the right to own a weapon makes me morally the same as if I were trying to reinstitute slavery, or commit genocide. :rolleyes:
I think it's great that we have the history of the British Empire to look to as an example of how to treat everyone else in the world with dignity and equality. ;)

If the people we call 'chavs', 'schemos', 'hooligans' etc had guns here, there would be shootings EVERY DAY.

You can't give the scum and low life guns and expect anything else. They already use knives, bats and anything else they can lay thier hands on.

Guns are readily available in the USA, so it's naturally the weapon of choice of this type of scum and unfortunately the consequences are much more devastating.

Giving people guns only leads to killing, not peace and tranqulity.

In the UK, it is illegal for any citizen to have a gun unless they are a member of a gun club and the weapon is all above board. Therefore, people carrying guns are already facing a long jail sentence.

Gun crime in the UK is almost exclusively within a single community!

Gun crime in the UK is almost exclusively within a single community!

Same goes for The Republic of Ireland. Only scumbags and members of carefully monitored gun clubs have weapons.
My heart really does go out to the families and students of Virginia Tech. The US really needs to look at it's gun laws. I'm not having a pop at the USA as many others are here today. I just hope some sense and clarity can come out of all this.

My heart really does go out to the families and students of Virginia Tech. The US really needs to look at it's gun laws. I'm not having a pop at the USA as many others are here today. I just hope some sense and clarity can come out of all this.

Perfect. Nothing left to say.

It's a tragedy for everyone involved.

It's a problem of society generally not only about the easy availability of guns. In Britain it's not difficult for criminals to get guns and it's an increasing problem.

And the baiting of "Americans" is stupid. Nationalism is just another "ism" used to divide people and enable them to feel better about their own imperfect country. No one country or people is inherently "better" or smarter than another, though global inequality of wealth can lead people to think that way.

It's possible to love the culture, language, literature, music, etc that you were brought up in without neccessarily concluding it's superior to others. I enjoy the language and culture of other places and like to be challenged by different world views.

I do not think the UK is superior.

I'm just glad it's not full of nutters with guns, because the US is.

I know you're not all nutters, but the nutters do have guns.

In Virginia, where yesterday's mass murder took place, it is possible to go to a gun show and buy as many guns as you want without ID.
There are more guns than people in the US.
CAN'T YOU SEE THE PROBLEM!!!!!??????

Here in Manchester, England, I wouldn't know where to buy a gun. I'm sure I could if I was a criminal or wanted to take up hunting. But the point is it isn't part of normal life and the restrictions are many for legal guns.
Most of our nutters, if they want to attack people, would run around with a knife or the leg of a chair. Not nice but much less dangerous.

It's not about thinking we are superior. But you appear to be ignoring the facts, and are simply attacking me.

But we all know what will happen. The media will be outraged for a while, some people will call for stronger gun laws, some people will say that the students would have survived if they all had guns too so remove all gun laws.
And in a few weeks it will be old news. And some time in the future it will happen again... and again.... and again.

And in the meantime you will all keep watching your films (movies) where guns are the main star. Guns and murder and murder and guns. You love it - so stop bleating when it kicks you up the arse (ass)

Listen Jerk...reasonable gun laws can not be passed in America because of the National Riffle Associatoin (NRA), perhaps the most powerful lobby group in America. So coming to morrissey-solow and rubbing it into american faces, that they have gun problems, and that america is nuts is not the way to go about things. It's not sensible. Americans don't love guns..only a minority do. They happen to have strong support.

Last edited:
Let me tell you something, bendeco. You pull any your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you and stick it up your ass and pull the f***ing trigger til it goes "click".

Nobody f***s wit the Jesus
QUOTE]

I thought I had finished with this thread. But as I strolled though other topics I happened upon the above quote from the person who berated me for highlighting the Americans' gun lust.

Be careful where you tread because you leave tracks.

"They don't like it up 'em"

Last edited:
QUOTE=Worm;526441Let me tell you something, bendeco. You pull any your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you and stick it up your ass and pull the f***ing trigger til it goes "click".

QUOTE]

I thought I had finished with this thread. But as I strolled though other topics I happened upon the above quote from the person who berated me for highlighting the American's gun lust.

it was a joke :rolleyes:

Let me tell you something, bendeco. You pull any your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you and stick it up your ass and pull the f***ing trigger til it goes "click".

QUOTE]

I thought I had finished with this thread. But as I strolled though other topics I happened upon the above quote from the person who berated me for highlighting the American's gun lust.

Oh. Wow. Wow.

What does a line from "The Big Lebowski"-- a comedy which makes fun of violent gun creeps, whose hero is basically an ex-hippie pot-smoking pacifist-- have to do with anything?

You seem to have a serious problem distinguishing the real world from Hollywood. I didn't think you could make yourself sound more ridiculous, but congratulations, you sure surprised me.

Back
Top Bottom