An REM thread for r.e.m. stuff

Marvellous. What's the story behind these mixes?

3-8 August 1998 - John Keane Studios, Athens, GA
Running Mixes as of 6 August 1998:
Lotus - Remix 2 / Boomerang - Mix 3 (Hope) / Airportman - JK Mix 4 / Daysleeper - Mix 5 / Sad Professor - JK Mix 2 / Elephant Man - Frydmon Mix 3 (Miracle) / Why Not Smile - JK Mix 5 / Suspicion - Mix 6 / The Apologist - Mix 2 / Walk Unafraid - Final Edit / I'm Not Over You - Rough / Parakeet - Mix 7 / At My Most Beautiful - Drums Up / Adagio - JH Mix 2 / Bombay - RPM (You're In The Air) / Pounce Pony - Mix 2 (Falls To Climb) / Boomerang (Hope) (Extended Version) / Daysleeper - Mix 2 / Groover / Lotus (Hooligan Mix) / Sad Discoverer (Diminished - Mix 2) / Sad Professor - Mix 2 / Suspicion (String Mix) / Walk Unafraid (Slow Version)
notes: Mixing Session for Up

3-8 August 1998 - John Keane Studios, Athens, GA
Running Mixes as of 6 August 1998:
Lotus - Remix 2 / Boomerang - Mix 3 (Hope) / Airportman - JK Mix 4 / Daysleeper - Mix 5 / Sad Professor - JK Mix 2 / Elephant Man - Frydmon Mix 3 (Miracle) / Why Not Smile - JK Mix 5 / Suspicion - Mix 6 / The Apologist - Mix 2 / Walk Unafraid - Final Edit / I'm Not Over You - Rough / Parakeet - Mix 7 / At My Most Beautiful - Drums Up / Adagio - JH Mix 2 / Bombay - RPM (You're In The Air) / Pounce Pony - Mix 2 (Falls To Climb) / Boomerang (Hope) (Extended Version) / Daysleeper - Mix 2 / Groover / Lotus (Hooligan Mix) / Sad Discoverer (Diminished - Mix 2) / Sad Professor - Mix 2 / Suspicion (String Mix) / Walk Unafraid (Slow Version)
notes: Mixing Session for Up

Thank you. I really like "Up".

Does anyone know where I can see the CD/DVD-A videos from the 2005 reissues and what they are? I know that Automatic and Out of Time are the press kit videos, but curious about the others...

Does anyone know where I can see the CD/DVD-A videos from the 2005 reissues and what they are? I know that Automatic and Out of Time are the press kit videos, but curious about the others...

I've only heard the DVDAs themselves (a pretty good job, mostly, as far as an amateur like myself can tell), but didn't know there were videos. I'd like to see those as well. Thanks!

DVD/CD Reissues of Warner Bros Discography>>>

Green: Entire Album Surround Sound > Unreleased Green Promo Documentary > Two Live videos from Tourfilm > Photo Gallery
Out of Time: Album in Surround Sound > Time Piece Promo Documentary > Photo Gallery
Automatic for the People: Album Surround Sound > Video Promo Documentary > Photo Gallery > Lyrics
Monster: Album in Surround Sound > Rough Cut Promo Documentary > Three songs from Roadmovie > Photo Gallery
New Adventures in Hi-Fi: Album in Surround Sound > Promo Documentary featuring Dancing Barefoot > Photo Gallery
Up: Album in Surround Sound > Promo Documenary with three songs live in studio Daysleeper, Lotus, At My Most Beautiful > Photo Gallery
Reveal: Album in Surround Sound > Video Promo Documentary > I'll Take the Rain Music Video
In Time: Album in Surround Sound > Video Promo Documentary > Bad Day live in Studio video > Bad day Music Video > Photo Gallery
Aroudn the Sun: Album in Surround Sound > Promo video Documentary > 2 live songs from St James Church > Music Videos for Leaving New York and After Math > 2 song live video from Perfect Square > Photo Gallery

Hope That Helps

Thanks, Buckhead! That will probably help a lot in keeping track of the material. I've seen some (like Rough Cut), just didn't know it was a bonus on those editions.

I saw posted here a while ago, though long dead, links to the Nov. 18 and 19 Atlanta ’95 shows. Can't seem to find these out there in the tubes. Can anyone kindly post these again? Thank you!

Thanks so much for the info! Do you know if the Green, New Adventures, Up, Reveal, In Time and Around the Sun video documentaries can be seen anywhere or go by any other name?

DVD/CD Reissues of Warner Bros Discography>>>

Green: Entire Album Surround Sound > Unreleased Green Promo Documentary > Two Live videos from Tourfilm > Photo Gallery
Out of Time: Album in Surround Sound > Time Piece Promo Documentary > Photo Gallery
Automatic for the People: Album Surround Sound > Video Promo Documentary > Photo Gallery > Lyrics
Monster: Album in Surround Sound > Rough Cut Promo Documentary > Three songs from Roadmovie > Photo Gallery
New Adventures in Hi-Fi: Album in Surround Sound > Promo Documentary featuring Dancing Barefoot > Photo Gallery
Up: Album in Surround Sound > Promo Documenary with three songs live in studio Daysleeper, Lotus, At My Most Beautiful > Photo Gallery
Reveal: Album in Surround Sound > Video Promo Documentary > I'll Take the Rain Music Video
In Time: Album in Surround Sound > Video Promo Documentary > Bad Day live in Studio video > Bad day Music Video > Photo Gallery
Aroudn the Sun: Album in Surround Sound > Promo video Documentary > 2 live songs from St James Church > Music Videos for Leaving New York and After Math > 2 song live video from Perfect Square > Photo Gallery

Hope That Helps

Thanks so much for the info! Do you know if the Green, New Adventures, Up, Reveal, In Time and Around the Sun video documentaries can be seen anywhere or go by any other name?

I haven't got all of them yet, but can tell you most of them don't even have anything written in the beginning, so no particular names. Only "Rough Cut" and "Time Piece" have it so far.

For those wondering:
- Rough Cut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYG7nNhzpN0
- Time Piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O7qRC-SAHU
- BONUS - Document promo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbhPtqbaLls
- CRAPPY BONUS - The horrible promo material for Monster - BEWARE of the sound!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c52PpVkg2RI

Thanks, Buckhead! That will probably help a lot in keeping track of the material. I've seen some (like Rough Cut), just didn't know it was a bonus on those editions.

Well worth picking up if you can although they seem to have shot up in price. They sound very nice.

Green, Out of Time,Automatic, Hi-Fi, & Reveal docs were the EPKs featured on REMHQ's media player.

In Time has the Bad Day music video and video from the webcam rehearsal.i think you can still find that on REMHQ.

The EPK for UP was on REMHQ , it is on youtube as well, but that was not featured on the DVD-A. instead what you got on there was 3 songs from the MTV session.

Monster just has the short promo for RoughCut. the RoughCut doc was available thru Murmur's torrent site, these days you can find the thing on youtube.
The Around the Sun doc was literally like 5 minutes long.

2 of those songs aren't from fan club singles:
- Deck The Halls comes from a Warner Bros. christmas compilation "Winter Warnerland"
- We're Not So Bad was Michael only, the song comes from the film "Olive The Other Reindeer", in which he voiced a character (who sang the song)

The collection seems to be complete from 1988 to 1997 (tracks from 2 to 21). Somewhat "too" complete: Happy When I'm Crying is a song performed by Pearl Jam, R.E.M. had nothing to do with it (the 2 bands shared fan club singles in 1997)

The actual R.E.M. song from 1998 (E-Bow The Letter live featuring Thom Yorke) is missing.
The one included from that year is Radiohead with Michael Stipe.
The actual R.E.M. song from 1999 (Country Feedback live featuring Neil Young) is missing.
The one included from that year is Neil Young backed by R.E.M. (including touring members but without Stipe)

The 2001 single is missing (live acoustic versions of Let Me In and Find The River)

The first song from the 2003 release appears twice (track 29 and 31)

All tracks from 2004 to 2008 are missing:
- I Wanted To Be Wrong - live
- She Just Wants To Be - live
- Turn You Inside-Out - live
- The Great Beyond - live
- Tongue - live, performed by Tin Cup Prophette
- So. Central Rain - live, performed by R.E.M. with Bill Berry on drums
- These Days - live, performed by The Observatory featuring Peter Buck
- Begin The Begin - live, performed by R.E.M. with Bill Berry on drums
- Merry Xmas Everybody
- Magnetic North
- Living Well Is The Best Revenge - live
- Let Me In - live
- Just A Touch - live

Also, the very last single from 2011 is missing:
- Perfect Circle - live
- Life And How To Live It - live

Here are the Fan Club Singles. Sorry not all in one file. First time using sendspace.com.

Here is the revised upload of the Xmas stuff I promised a few weeks back, with bonus tracks, as per inyourroom's info and the uploads Anon. provided. I also used this discography page as a reference.

Disc 1

image.png

Disc 2

image.png

Thank you! I'll check them out!

I haven't got all of them yet, but can tell you most of them don't even have anything written in the beginning, so no particular names. Only "Rough Cut" and "Time Piece" have it so far.

For those wondering:
- Rough Cut: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYG7nNhzpN0
- Time Piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O7qRC-SAHU
- BONUS - Document promo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbhPtqbaLls
- CRAPPY BONUS - The horrible promo material for Monster - BEWARE of the sound!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c52PpVkg2RI

Tags
r.e.m. rem
Back
Top Bottom