Anna Calvi talks about her Mercury Prize nomination, honour at supporting Morrissey

He appreciated her music and they were friends. But have you ever been "just friends" with someone of the opposite gender and one party wants other people to think there is something more going on because it somehow gives that person an ego boost? With Kristeen, she would make sexual comments about them to prompt others to speculate about them being lovers. But it turned out she couldn't be believed because she also lied about her age and where she went to high school. Then, instead of admitting or denying that she lied, she got all mad at Moz just because he was concerned that she might be contagious.

Why was Morrissey so taken with Kristeen? He wasn't in a relationship with her, so I don't know what else could explain it. Especially after the comment she made at the show his family was at a few years ago.

Kristeen Young's entire life has been a lie, everything about her is phony from head to toe and she's a toxic presence where ever she goes. Anna Calvi is the real thing, and getting her as his opening act is a great step for Moz, like he's finally getting serious about performing again. I'm really excited about these shows.

My, my such low standards. She isn't "easy on the eye " unless you like drag queens. She's a skank hidden under false hair, make up, "work"
I hear she's terrible in bed as well

You realize Mozza was referring to Anna Calvi and not Kristeen Young, yeah?

The thought of a US tour a-brewin' with such a masterful new LP to debut live (and hopefully AC as support) absolutely delights me.

I finally heard Calvi last night. WNYC played a clip of her (don't know what he song was) in part of a story about the Mercury Prize. I didn't know who it was until the clip was over, but the sound of her voice (which I thought was very Siouxsie-esque) made me stop what I was doing and listen. I am intrigued.

Yes, I've just watched a couple of Youtube videos and she's very good, looks like I'll be in my seat at the O2 for her after all.

Yes, I've just watched a couple of Youtube videos and she's very good, looks like I'll be in my seat at the O2 for her after all.

I can't stress enough what a shame it would be to miss her opening act. Her virtuosity as a guitarist alone makes her a remarkable talent. Add her vocal talent and her skills as a performance artist, and it's a killer trifecta.

Anybody think to ask Kristeen what she thinks about Anna?

Some dip (I think one of the Blue Balls Society peeps) asked her on Twitter, but she had no reply.

Morrissey definitely traded up -- Anna is in a much more accomplished, talented and appreciated league than Kristeen.

I just remembered, Moz said he loved her in his book. Sweet guy.

Why was Morrissey so taken with Kristeen? He wasn't in a relationship with her, so I don't know what else could explain it. Especially after the comment she made at the show his family was at a few years ago.

Finally got around to listening to a few tracks. Wow.
Nice that there will be a real musician with talent in the supporting slot.
I didn't hate Kristeen (and Japan shows are always "one-man" anyway) but she had far too long of a run in the World of Morrissey.

Finally got around to listening to a few tracks. Wow.
Nice that there will be a real musician with talent in the supporting slot.
I didn't hate Kristeen (and Japan shows are always "one-man" anyway) but she had far too long of a run in the World of Morrissey.

Always a day late and and a dollar short. As was sung in "The Operation"
What the hell have they stuck into you?
When you get around to that "track-by-track" World Peace review, please get back to us.
Oh, but that would actually require repeat listenings, critical thinking, effort.
You used to be somebody; you've gotten lazy. Run along now your Sushi is getting warm.

Her video for pearl of a girl is out...hodge podge look and doesn't make sense...looks cheaply made. still can't understand what she is singing.

Her video for pearl of a girl is out...hodge podge look and doesn't make sense...looks cheaply made. still can't understand what she is singing.

Good thing they took out the fat girl for the second take. Embarrassing.

I love the new video and the song is fantastic. I can't understand most of the lyrics either but it doesn't bother me. I wish more music videos were so called cheaply made like this. I can't stand most music videos with money behind them.

She said that he gives good cunnilingus..my reaction when she said that

wonder_woman_xlarge.gif

I literally threw a full Nalgene bottle across the room and almost smashed a window. :o

I can't stress enough what a shame it would be to miss her opening act. Her virtuosity as a guitarist alone makes her a remarkable talent. Add her vocal talent and her skills as a performance artist, and it's a killer trifecta.

Yes, don't sit out the opener on this tour. Anna Calvi is a wonderfully interesting and highly skilled artist.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom