Anyone else here a Primal Scream fan?

petshopmode

I'm just now getting into them. As a New Order fan, I had heard a lot about the friendship between the two bands and thought that was pretty cool.
I REALLY like the Screamadelica album. Very diverse band.

Also, anyone else here think Bobby Gillespie and Bernard Sumner sound a hell uva alot alike?

I love Primal Scream. You must get XTRMNTR to hear them in all their glory. Definately their best album. Vanishing Point is also fantastic but it's not as hectic. You have to see them live to get the full experience.:)

I'm a fan but I've not picked up their last few albums.

As mentioned XTRMNTR and Vanishing Point are fantastic albums.

Also, you have to give them a lot of credit for developing and trying new things. From C86 shambling indie (the Stone Roses owe them some royalties me thinks), through rave, southern rock, dub and menacing electronica you can't accuse them of standing still.

For the most part they pull it off too.

Seen the scream three times, they rock. Mani is too cool :cool: I think the early scream stuff is very underrated, like Bobs drumming in Jesus&Marychain :D

Gwrring Mani in the band was a genius move. He slotted in perfectly and is too cool for school. He's always enthusiastic towards the fans when they play live which is nice especially when Bobby's had bad drugs and starts on one of his rants at the audience. I've seen them live loads of times and they are majestic.

Back
Top Bottom