Average age of Moz gig-goers

I'm 18, seen Morrissey twice. Sunderland [Feb 2008] and Hyde Park [July 4th, 2008] Third time in hull :D

Can't wait. Nailed on win! :guitar:

f***ing hell la, infact, no yer right. i felt exactly the same against united and sat in the boozer in gloucester road pre match against the rent boys. i just wish we had "him":tears: he makes me smile when i see him. and i'll tell you something else as well, he's rarely scored a shit goal for us. 1st at city(maybe), every other has been the work of a genius:guitar:

f***ing hell la, infact, no yer right. i felt exactly the same against united and sat in the boozer in gloucester road pre match against the rent boys. i just wish we had "him":tears: he makes me smile when i see him. and i'll tell you something else as well, he's rarely scored a shit goal for us. 1st at city(maybe), every other has been the work of a genius:guitar:

I :sweet: him (strictly in a heterosexual way, you understand)! :D

I :sweet: him (strictly in a heterosexual way, you understand)! :D

after the derby, always the greatest feeling in the world beating them:guitar: i went straight the solly with my lad and 2 of the lads and sat outside with a pint. got home cracked a can open and as it was still dead sunny outside i went in the back. anyway the goals came on the news and as i'm peering through the window i said to her..."see him love?, i'd leave you for him"! :D:D and then she said vive versa:D:tears:

after the derby, always the greatest feeling in the world beating them:guitar: i went straight the solly with my lad and 2 of the lads and sat outside with a pint. got home cracked a can open and as it was still dead sunny outside i went in the back. anyway the goals came on the news and as i'm peering through the window i said to her..."see him love?, i'd leave you for him"! :D:D and then she said vive versa:D:tears:

Haha! Nice one! :D

age at moz gigs

the barrowlnads will be my third moz gig but the previous two have been spoilt a bit by some of the people in the crowd. I'm only 18 serveral times at both gigs people have said things like "your too young to be a fan" or "you've took the place of a genuine fan". It leaves me feeling awkward and uncomfortable. Am I just paranoid or are there many people who feel that people my age should stay away from his gigs, even if we love him just as much as someone in they're 40's.

Re: age at moz gigs

the barrowlnads will be my third moz gig but the previous two have been spoilt a bit by some of the people in the crowd. I'm only 18 serveral times at both gigs people have said things like "your too young to be a fan" or "you've took the place of a genuine fan". It leaves me feeling awkward and uncomfortable. Am I just paranoid or are there many people who feel that people my age should stay away from his gigs, even if we love him just as much as someone in they're 40's.

I'm 16, and I've been to a gig. Nobody said anything to me. Just ignore the people that are saying that. Age doesn't mean anything.

the people who made those comments are c***, comments like that grind my gears.

I've been going to Morrissey gigs since I was 16 & I never really got hassle like that. I find you do get patronized a bit though with the whole "Oh goodness, aren't you precious. Are you with your dad?" kind of shit.
I think the fact younger fans attend the gigs is a testiment to how timeless Morrissey's solo work & Smiths work is. What is more of a crime than young'uns attending, is the 40 year old who hasn't listened since 1986 & only attends in antisipation of him playing 'There Is A Light', 'because he has too because, it's his biggest tune'.
god that sounds angry.

the sly, patronising comments have stopped me trying to get to the barrier for a handshake but to hell with it, now I know there's more younger fans than I first relaised I'm going to try.

the sly, patronising comments have stopped me trying to get to the barrier for a handshake but to hell with it, now I know there's more younger fans than I first relaised I'm going to try.

jelous of youth.

Do it, I would love to do that, but was too far away. I wouldn't let any comments said stop me.

I'm 18 - Went to Sunderland, Edinburgh and Hyde Park last year. Tickets for Manchester 23rd and all the London dates this year. I have to say I've never been on the end of any comments like that - if you've had a bad experience I wouldn't let it bother you or put you off.

I've been going to Morrissey gigs since I was 16 & I never really got hassle like that. I find you do get patronized a bit though with the whole "Oh goodness, aren't you precious. Are you with your dad?" kind of shit.
I think the fact younger fans attend the gigs is a testiment to how timeless Morrissey's solo work & Smiths work is. What is more of a crime than young'uns attending, is the 40 year old who hasn't listened since 1986 & only attends in antisipation of him playing 'There Is A Light', 'because he has too because, it's his biggest tune'.
god that sounds angry.

I am eighteen and have seen Morrissey twice, once this year and then back when I was 15. While no-one was explicitly rude about it, I think there are some people who see a wrinkle-free face and instantly dismiss that person. I hate getting asked stuff like "Do you even know who Morrissey is?!" (which has happened on both occasions!). What has age got to do with it? :crazy: Having said that, I think those people are in a minority. Most fans realise that anyone who likes Morrissey is wise beyond their years. :p

god that sounds angry.

Bloody well said. :thumb: What difference does age make? Morrissey is timeless anyway, no-one should be patronised at gigs.:mad:

I am eighteen and have seen Morrissey twice, once this year and then back when I was 15. While no-one was explicitly rude about it, I think there are some people who see a wrinkle-free face and instantly dismiss that person. I hate getting asked stuff like "Do you even know who Morrissey is?!" (which has happened on both occasions!). What has age got to do with it? :crazy: Having said that, I think those people are in a minority. Most fans realise that anyone who likes Morrissey is wise beyond their years. :p

Usually find that I have more passion for the Moz than what these people you mention do, and I'm 19.

Tags
methuselan older than the hills
Back
Top Bottom