Morrissey Central "BEAM OF LIGHT." (May 19, 2023)

full

"Sometimes one of the most radical things you can do is to speak clearly. When someone dies, out come the usual blandishments … as if their death is there to be used. I'm not prepared to do this with Andy. I just hope … wherever Andy has gone … that he's OK. He will never die as long as his music is heard. He didn't ever know his own power, and nothing that he played had been played by someone else. His distinction was so terrific and unconventional and he proved it could be done. He was also very, very funny and very happy, and post-Smiths, he kept a steady identity - never any manufactured moves. I suppose, at the end of it all, we hope to feel that we were valued. Andy need not worry about that."

MORRISSEY.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful words by Morrissey to describe Andy. Like others have already said they all went through so much together. What The Smiths had together was a very rare and wonderful thing. Andy was an incredible musician and I will hear it forever in the music. Rest in piece Andy.❤️❤️❤️❤️
Please tell me you’re dyslexic 😬

Very touching to see such beautiful words after all the years and scars between them. Well said and may he rest in peace Andy Rourke you will be missed but not forgotten

Can I also just add what a nice picture of Andy they chose? I've never seen that one before and it looks so captivating. Beautiful.

Please tell me you’re dyslexic 😬
Yes, I know it’s peace it’s obviously a typo but you’re such a peach to point that out. I know what sentiment is important on this very sad day. Good for you clever thing.

Moz measured word for word before posting his message. It is very touching what Moz .wrote, it is very honest, although there have been differences between them, Moz rescues all the moments they spent together.they were connected, it was part of their life. Smiths is a unique chapter for Moz, a very prominent stage of his life, and no doubt Morrissey feels that something also dies in him. Something I always enjoy watching their recitals is when Andy laughed at the things Moz did on stage 🥰 😍😍🥰:tiphat::tiphat:Moz te admiro Mal !!!!!!!osea demasiado!!!

The Smiths made a greater impact than anything in my life. Their influence have been constant throughout all of my adult life.

I am grateful to have spent time with Andy. He was very open and very funny. From all The Smiths he is the one most similar to me.

Since being excommunicated from The Smiths world for speaking out against Morrissey's abhorrent views I barely communicate with anyone from my past life.
I listened to The Smiths daily from 16yr old until it became impossible to defend Morrissey. It became impossible for me to even listen to The Smiths.
Today I have been and still listening and it's doubly heartbreaking.

The Smiths made a greater impact than anything in my life. Their influence have been constant throughout all of my adult life.

I am grateful to have spent time with Andy. He was very open and very funny. From all The Smiths he is the one most similar to me.

Since being excommunicated from The Smiths world for speaking out against Morrissey's abhorrent views I barely communicate with anyone from my past life.
I listened to The Smiths daily from 16yr old until it became impossible to defend Morrissey. It became impossible for me to even listen to The Smiths.
Poor Hugh.

Just listen and enjoy Hugh, that music is everyone’s: It came from the gods.

Woke up mate.

full

"Sometimes one of the most radical things you can do is to speak clearly. When someone dies, out come the usual blandishments … as if their death is there to be used. I'm not prepared to do this with Andy. I just hope … wherever Andy has gone … that he's OK. He will never die as long as his music is heard. He didn't ever know his own power, and nothing that he played had been played by someone else. His distinction was so terrific and unconventional and he proved it could be done. He was also very, very funny and very happy, and post-Smiths, he kept a steady identity - never any manufactured moves. I suppose, at the end of it all, we hope to feel that we were valued. Andy need not worry about that."

MORRISSEY.

Related item:
Shame he didn’t think about this when he was conniving with Marr to rob Rourke and Joyce of their fair share in the Smiths and bad mouthing them when they tried to set things right ‘couldn’t remember his own name’ was how he described Rourke when he had to hand back some of the money he’d stolen

Come on Hugh. You’re not in the mud-hut now. Have a nice evening and stop dwelling on what was!….🚫

Life is short, Hugh.

Being hard on others makes us hard on ourselves or vice versa.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom