Bernard Sumner (New Order) on Morrissey

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/...e-hated-work-and-normality-1.3952803?mode=amp

Excerpt:
Did Johnny broach the subject of his former bandmate, Morrissey, and his increasingly questionable endorsements of a far-right fringe party called For Britain?

“I think we questioned his dubious politics,” Sumner answers. “He has become a bit toxic, hasn’t he? The world has gone a bit like that at the moment. We were only discussing this at dinner last night. It’s gone a bit pear-shaped. These are very strange times and a lot of things don’t seem to make sense. We’ve got Brexit in the UK. I’m not a fan. Obviously you’ve got Mr Trump. I find it difficult to call him President Trump. Let’s call him Resident Trump.”

Bernard who once called Bono Bongo is now living up to that name himself. Money first reality second as long as I get muh money all is fine.

Seen New Order play a few years back and it was a heck of a show.
This guy Bernard's voice was crackin' pretty bad, but everyone was still havin' a good time.

Is Bernard (grim name) a desperate pensioner looking to be relevant? Is he envious of the unique talent of Morrissey? Can’t be arsed to read the article, too many hypocrites out there trying to gain popularity by playing the game. #VirtualSignallersUnite. :cool:

I didn't realize Bernard was so amusing. :rolleyes:Would have liked to have heard what they really said about the Mozzer though!

Of course in private they both talked about how much they agree with him.

:cool:

Is Bernard (grim name) a desperate pensioner looking to be relevant? Is he envious of the unique talent of Morrissey? Can’t be arsed to read the article, too many hypocrites out there trying to gain popularity by playing the game. #VirtualSignallersUnite. :cool:

No he’s fronting a great band playing to sell out crowds all over the world, he has a lovely wife and family, so pretty sure he’s not envious of Morrissey at all.

The idea that New Order are trying to gain popularity by mentioning Morrissey in interviews is utterly preposterous. Do you seriously not know who they are?

No he’s fronting a great band playing to sell out crowds all over the world, he has a lovely wife and family, so pretty sure he’s not envious of Morrissey at all.

^ :lbf::crazy:

Sad how people equate popularity and having a family with success and happiness.

Yes of course.:thumb:

Using the computer chip to eat, after having to buy it from the other round twat, Hooky. none can play.
they just pretend to play the instruments while the chip does all the work and makes all the music.:straightface:

Bernard family happy to have the computer chip back. :thumb:
Otherwise, more dolers in the cul the sac:lbf:

Well, he always seems happy and content when I meet him, how does Morrissey come across when you catch up with him?

Usually he was in good spirits. And no, that doesn’t mean he was drinking. Unlike Bernard, who as you say ‘seems happy and content’ so much so that he has to drink himself until he pukes.

Yeah, he must be one ‘happy’ fella.

:thumb:

BTW, I never mentioned Marr in the other post.

Usually he was in good spirits. And no, that doesn’t mean he was drinking. Unlike Bernard, who as you say ‘seems happy and content’ so much so that he has to drink himself until he pukes.

Yeah, he must be one ‘happy’ fella.

:thumb:

BTW, I never mentioned Marr in the other post.

Yes he enjoys a few drinks while on tour as does Morrissey by all accounts.

nice how you switch between your ketamine and vegan accounts, being the only psycho here defending Tommy Morrissey

not many left in team Moz and why would they

I like New Order more than Joy Division. But neither are as good as The Smiths/Morrissey.
Electronic first album is very good too!

Back
Top Bottom