Best Morrissey Song Ever, Semi-Final 1, Early Moz (1988-1991)

Best early-period Morrissey song (1988-1991)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alsatian Cousin
Hairdresser On Fire
Late Night, Maudlin Street
Sing Your Life
Suedehead

This was a little difficult, I'm surprised Sing Your Life doesn't have many more votes.

I assume these polls refer specifically to the recorded versions, rather than the live ones. As we all know, Kill Uncle on record and Kill Uncle live are two totally different animals. Sing Your Life is a great tune, but the studio version is kind of limp. The live ver. was like Sun Records Elvis.

I assume these polls refer specifically to the recorded versions, rather than the live ones. As we all know, Kill Uncle on record and Kill Uncle live are two totally different animals. Sing Your Life is a great tune, but the studio version is kind of limp. The live ver. was like Sun Records Elvis.

Very true!

I didn't even think about that. Hmm, well, I must stand by my choices.
Studio version of Sing You Life may indeed be a little weaker, but the lyrics still are more than enough to impress me.

I apologise, but I accidentally ticked six boxes instead of five. Could you please discard my vote for "Mute Witness". Thanks.

Went for everday is like sunday
november
suedehead
palyboys
and in a tough choice picked my love life over alsation cousin

Heavy heart voting there Johan!

And what got through from Vauxhall and B-sides?

And I was under the impression that some of the polls ended in November... (unless we're all 9/11 now? With apologies if that sounds flippant.)

And if Dagenham Dave doesn't win..............

Heavy heart voting there Johan!

And what got through from Vauxhall and B-sides?

And I was under the impression that some of the polls ended in November... (unless we're all 9/11 now? With apologies if that sounds flippant.)

And if Dagenham Dave doesn't win..............

Will start the 2nd semi-final (1992-1995) this afternoon.
The top-4 from Vauxhall got through.
Here's the poll for Vauxhall again.

Yes, the poll is still open, just like the other ones, but as a former statistician I've learned that the results of a poll don't really change after 100 votes have been cast (which is why exit polls at elections are usually reliable :)), and I've said from the start that I would start the next round after 100 votes had been cast.

As for DD, it's OUT already, I'm afraid, but Boy Racer is still in it...

I think the poll should be redone because I know I'm not the only idiot who only checked one song. The results will be skewed.

Oh BUGGER. Rushed into this poll with far too much excitement (note to self: get a life) and didn't realise I could tick five...:(

But Alsatian cousin wins it for me. One of the greatest songs EVER EVER EVER. (With Sunday close second.)

Not the best one ever, in my opinion, but clearly one of his best!

Well, for me :
1 - Everyday is like sunday
2 - Suedehead
3 - Last night...
4 - Will never Mary
5 - Sister, I'm poet
Really close too, Hairdresser on fire.

Whoops! One too money (sorry, didn't read the directions first! A bad habit of mine). You can remove everday is like sunday for me if you want.

the above just shows how average his more recent work is in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom