Bonfire of Teenagers is over a year old

I hope it gets an official release, but it will leak eventually.

Well, there's been no news from the UK shows so far, which was really my last hope. Not sure where we go from here.

He won‘t get a deal from a big label, that‘s for sure. So my only hope is for a self release sometime in 2023.

Points 2 and 3 concern hundreds of artists of Morrissey's age who, however, release records in huge labels.
It seems to me that sooner some stray " Himars " will hit the Crimean Bridge than Morrissey will sign a contract with any label. :grimacing:
I told you so :fire:
Bonfire, kind of ...

So the new LP is „about to do something“.
Does this sound promising? I really don‘t know. :unsure:

Some clear communication on this topic appears to be too much to ask, I just don't understand it. Why can't he just say? Put it on Morrissey Central or say something to the audience that actually makes sense.

Was it May when he said Veronica was about to be released as a single? We still have nothing apart from these non-information comments he makes before new songs.

There’s an ideal window to release between the UK and US legs of the tour. Who can deny that the momentum is now with Morrissey? A swift release of Bonfire - even without the usual rollout procession - would reflect his new hot streak.

Would November 5th be suitable? Morrissey’s comments tease at the album’s imminent release - does the uncertain tone hint that it will be an unconventional one?

I’m hoping we get something soon. A single or some concrete information would be manna from the heavens.

Given Morrissey's love of / obsession with chart placings, an album release in January might make sense given that it's typically less crowded with major new releases and might therefore be easier to get a Top 3 UK slot or something? (And then disappear from sight the following week, obviously...)

I got the feeling that when he said it was about to “drop”, he meant drop it as in letting go of it/giving up on it.

I got the feeling that when he said it was about to “drop”, he meant drop it as in letting go of it/giving up on it.
His statements have been hedged so far that this interpretation is possible…I’m hoping against hope that this is not the case.

His last remark - the album is about to ‘do something’ - at least alludes to a release, albeit one that goes unnoticed or unappreciated by the masses. The recent live performances, of course, suggest that Morrissey has a smaller, captive audience, which is still enthusiastic and excited by his star power at this late stage in his career. Perhaps his thinking about what constitutes ‘success’ - with regard to both touring and output - has shifted somewhat, with a different style of release now amenable to him for the first time.

The fans have lapped up the lively concerts…so a new album would also be most welcome.

His statements have been hedged so far that this interpretation is possible…I’m hoping against hope that this is not the case.

His last remark - the album is about to ‘do something’ - at least alludes to a release, albeit one that goes unnoticed or unappreciated by the masses. The recent live performances, of course, suggest that Morrissey has a smaller, captive audience, which is still enthusiastic and excited by his star power at this late stage in his career. Perhaps his thinking about what constitutes ‘success’ - with regard to both touring and output - has shifted somewhat, with a different style of release now amenable to him for the first time.

The fans have lapped up the lively concerts…so a new album would also be most welcome.
Smaller audience? That isn't my experience at Doncaster, I've seen him loads of times but that includes now 3 times at Donny and it was busier than ever.

Smaller audience? That isn't my experience at Doncaster, I've seen him loads of times but that includes now 3 times at Donny and it was busier than ever.
Let me correct myself - I don’t mind a small or shrinking audience - only smaller venues instead of big capacity arenas. Most folk here think that the change has been for the better.

I don’t see him giving up on it. I think Morrissey believes this is all the game of being in the music industry. we did get dog in a chain just over 2 years ago and he’s certainly given us longer waits than this. He’s always been the same, didn’t the queen is dead have to wait 18 months or so for release? At least we knew what was happening back then, this non information from him is appalling.

I don’t see him giving up on it. I think Morrissey believes this is all the game of being in the music industry. we did get dog in a chain just over 2 years ago and he’s certainly given us longer waits than this. He’s always been the same, didn’t the queen is dead have to wait 18 months or so for release? At least we knew what was happening back then, this non information from him is appalling.

On top of that, I don't get the point of toying with his audience by making these bold statements "I Am Veronica - our next single about to be released," and then nothing.

Let me correct myself - I don’t mind a small or shrinking audience - only smaller venues instead of big capacity arenas. Most folk here think that the change has been for the better.
That should read ‘I don’t mean’ rather than ‘I don’t mind’.

Morrissey has certainly drawn a considerable crowd recently, and entertained them to boot. For his sake, I hope he can recognise that the tenets of his career are intact - virtuoso songs and signing - and his faith in the LP as an institution can prevail, providing he is flexible with the format of release. Many artists have to be in this age.

Viva Morrissey!

On top of that, I don't get the point of toying with his audience by making these bold statements "I Am Veronica - our next single about to be released," and then nothing.
He seems to like getting under peoples skin, for better or worse. But yeah, I don't think it's fair.

There’s an ideal window to release between the UK and US legs of the tour. Who can deny that the momentum is now with Morrissey? A swift release of Bonfire - even without the usual rollout procession - would reflect his new hot streak.
Well, that momentum and the hot streak don't really exist out in the real world. Yes, he just did a small tour, which left the fans very happy, but the good atmosphere in the concert arenas tends to stay there and not spread from there. Nothing Morrissey has achieved in 2022 will change the mind of the record company executives who chose not to sign him in 2021 for Bonfire.

Well, that momentum and the hot streak don't really exist out in the real world. Yes, he just did a small tour, which left the fans very happy, but the good atmosphere in the concert arenas tends to stay there and not spread from there. Nothing Morrissey has achieved in 2022 will change the mind of the record company executives who chose not to sign him in 2021 for Bonfire.

Maybe there would be momentum if Moz was an up and coming 24 year old. At age 63 with his oldest songs getting the best reaction, nothing to excite any record labels. Stripping off his shirt with the mob fighting for it is a bit embarrassing at this point to be honest. His best chance is to buckle down with Alain and get some better material.

Back
Top Bottom