Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect (okay, hope) we have a response about this from Morrissey in the coming days. We don’t know what’s gone on; is he too depressed or is it issues with the contract over these shows, or both? All we can do is speculate but that doesn’t really help.

It is not fair that many travel far and wide to see Morrissey live, and when a show gets cancelled there is rarely an apology. The fan base may be loyal but you have to keep on earning that respect. Nothing is a given, and for whatever reason they are slipping away from the man they adore.

Morrissey and the band have been touring a lot in recent years. I guess there’s not much else to do. However, I think it wise they take a break, recharge and decide what’s best going forward.

I think Morrissey needs to adapt to the current way the music industry operates to stay current. He is in need of a great manager/management, which I’m sure would be easy if he’s willing to pay for it. Central needs to go, and his social media accounts wiped clean yet again. Let’s just start fresh. Let’s get the intrigue and excitement going again. It doesn’t take much. For god sake, SER can record Morrissey in a record shop talking about what he likes, tell us stories about so-and-so, videos of the band recording in the studio, open it up to the fans, let’s get an insight, let’s create a buzz, let’s get this wreckage lost at see back ashore.

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

90ff9a3f7304c43d9036279d71b7f2bd.gif
"Caught in a landslide. No escape from reality. "

Wow. 15 page comment thread about cancelled shows, still not one comment from the OG - MunbleWhinny - he’s on overload with this news. Must be gathering his thoughts for the most impressive comment in the history of this board/site. Don’t let us down ;):rolleyes:

So, what is the real story here. He is getting bitch slapped by She Wants Revenge, and rightfully so. They aren't surprised at all.

422935644_10227869950308418_8937601356301999784_n.jpg

Yes, but people didn't realise that directly back then (before the Internet). Only, that there was no more new music. OYE ESTEBAN still made a big impression on me in 1999.
Ya kinda...While South Paw Grammar was a good record it wasn't a great record and went over just o.k.
Maladjusted was not a good record and was just o.k. but did not go over well at all. It received little airplay in S. D. and the Morrissey Show at Cox Arena at SDSU was an ending to things in 97, as not much after. Oye Esteban tour was good, but that really was it till Quarry 4 years later. Same now ? Time will tell.

Possibly because it’s very good?
It's more than that. It's something deeper, it's inexplicable. I feel like my life won't be complete until I see Joe perform that song live. I just hope he doesn't cancel on me :ROFLMAO:

Maybe it‘s time Morrissey just called it a day.
No more gigs. No more Central posts. Take the best offer you can get for the last two albums, write them off as a bad mistake, and retire.

No more gigs. No more Central posts. Take the best offer you can get for the last two albums, write them off as a bad mistake, and retire.
Yeah, I'm not sure he's physically up to it. he probably needs to get himself into some type of rehab. take a year out, start eating decent food, some regular exercise and quit booze. Totally. This is all fixable and nobody loves a story like a comeback story, but like George Michael, sadly I get the sense he really doesn't want to fix it.

I think his management team has to realize when he sells out 5 nights in Los Angeles or Vegas it is the same people each night that buy the bulk of the tickets. If he has five nights in Vegas or Los Angeles I will go to all of those nights and a chunk of his fans will to. The problem is, management multiplies 5 nights x 4000-5000 and thinks he can sell out the forum easily. Not realizing the same group tends to buy tickets to all of the nights. Poor management and the wrong people around him have taken him down. But regardless I will buy tickets again and always hope and pray he doesn’t cancel. The balcony fool.

Ya kinda...While South Paw Grammar was a good record it wasn't a great record and went over just o.k.
Maladjusted was not a good record and was just o.k. but did not go over well at all. It received little airplay in S. D. and the Morrissey Show at Cox Arena at SDSU was an ending to things in 97, as not much after. Oye Esteban tour was good, but that really was it till Quarry 4 years later. Same now ? Time will tell.
I see both, Southpaw and Maladjusted, as artistically valuable, well-balanced albums, but they didn't strike a chord with the times. The shadow of Vauxhall and YA was oversized and he should have toured straight to Vauxhall to cement his popularity.

It doesn't seem he's thinking that way at all. To him, he's making the best music of his career. Yet there is quite a disconnect isn't there? He can't get a record deal... he can't seem to complete a tour... he cancels many shows without a word said. Maybe take a break from all the RIP posts and say something to your fans.

:ha-no: There is definitely nothing “ouch” about that she wants revenge post. It’s very grovel-y and insipid, while also trying to be self-aggrandizing. What a winning combo, NOT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom