Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there’s a world of difference in terms of the reasons they received negative press in the past, but Morrissey could do a lot worse than look towards Liam Gallagher’s miraculous career rebuild.
He got other songwriters in, embraced his early defining era, and has ultimately got together for a collaboration with another A-list rock star.

Scarcely a model likely to be followed by Morrissey.

I think his management team has to realize when he sells out 5 nights in Los Angeles or Vegas it is the same people each night that buy the bulk of the tickets. If he has five nights in Vegas or Los Angeles I will go to all of those nights and a chunk of his fans will to. The problem is, management multiplies 5 nights x 4000-5000 and thinks he can sell out the forum easily. Not realizing the same group tends to buy tickets to all of the nights. Poor management and the wrong people around him have taken him down. But regardless I will buy tickets again and always hope and pray he doesn’t cancel. The balcony fool.

what management?

What's the betting on any of the Mexico and South America shows going ahead? My guess is Mexico City might happen, just to surprise us, and maybe, just maybe, Buenos Aires and either São Paulo or Brasília, but not both - but I would be very surprised if Lima, Bogotá, or Santiago happen. But also wouldn't be surprised if all the dates are cancelled.
Yes, they're just random events. Morrissey, the music business version of Schrödinger's cat.

Oh dear. There is just no way forward, is there? I cancelled my last Morrissey gig by getting too drunk to even remember which arena he was playing in. Served him right.

Yes, absolute disregard for fans.

Is age an issue? Is mental health an issue? Then he should go and seek help or rest for a while or even retire if all this is unbearable. To keep this charade going is absolutely revolting.

I didn't have tickets for these absurd dates. But I still have them for all South American gigs, as well as air tickets. Just waiting for the new round of cancellation now.
If a Morrissey gig is down the street then buy tickets and go see him, the setlist is a little drab, but his voice is in top form, and the band is good enough to enjoy the show. But if you purchase airline tickets and a hotel room or must travel any distance to see a Morrisey concert that he will cancel on the dime you need your head examined.

Do we think the shows in South America will go ahead? Will he play songs from Quarry or switch it up a bit?
Or will there be a bonfire of tour dates?

I have to ask myself why I'm so invested in this in the first place??I'm on the other side of the world and had no intention of going to these shows. But what is it about Morrissey that makes an otherwise rational and fulfilled person(me :ROFLMAO:) turn into an obsessive ? This has ruined my day, my family thinks I'm crazy.

You can keep quoting Morrissey lyrics until you turn blue. They’re nice lyrics, don’t get me wrong, but they don’t cut it in the real world. In the real world, he should try to explain. In the real world, sorry could very well help some of those fans who are out of pocket.

You keep quoting Morrissey lyrics is delusional defiance on the level of a 10-year-old banging his ears and shouting “bah bah bah, I can’t hear you!”
The fact that he does not explain and nobody comes up with anyting better than "unforessen circumstances" or a lame story about dengue just shows that he couldn't care less for fans. That's the sad truth to all of us who have devoted more than enough time and money to him.

No bad management/internal rift story justifies what happened to the dates in Latin America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and now the US. And he cannot be oblivious to all this.

Will there be any other pictures of him hanging around anywhere in the world, enjoying himself while a (supposed) tour is afoot?

I have to ask myself why I'm so invested in this in the first place??I'm on the other side of the world and had no intention of going to these shows. But what is it about Morrissey that makes an otherwise rational and fulfilled person(me :ROFLMAO:) turn into an obsessive ? This has ruined my day, my family thinks I'm crazy.
You're not alone.

The fact that he does not explain and nobody comes up with anyting better than "unforessen circumstances" or a lame story about dengue just shows that he couldn't care less for fans. That's the sad truth to all of us who have devoted more than enough time and money to him.

No bad management/internal rift story justifies what happened to the dates in Latin America, Asia, Australia, New Zealand and now the US. And he cannot be oblivious to all this.

Will there be any other pictures of him hanging around anywhere in the world, enjoying himself while a (supposed) tour is afoot?
Yes, most probably. And to distract us onto a new topic, he will be holding something that looks suspiciously like a lamb chop but will turn out to be a harmonica.

If Morrissey was to apologise for this kind of thing, it would all ring hollow. Is there really any point?

Yep. Most of the people here that just want an apology won’t accept it anyway. It wil still be criticized.

Though as I said before in regards to this and recent tour cancellations, it’s a bit much, and he really should say something by this point.

Back
Top Bottom