Brief Moz mention in Stewart Lee stand up set

tiswaldo

Nothing major, but went to see the superb comedian Stewart Lee in Leeds last Sunday and he mentioned how a London newspaper in a review of his show referred to him as a "Crumpled Morrissey"

Got to have a brief chat with him afterwards and got his autograph, it was great meeting a long time hero..not quite as good as if i ever spoke to moz himself but not far off..

He is looking a bit like him these days actually, anyway anyone who gets chance to see his tour - go, it's genius.

Hi I'm off to see the legendary man in a few weeks in oxford my younger bro got student tickets and I'm not a student so I might not get in! AGHHH I'll be gutted, he does resemble the Moz these days but heavier than him last time I saw him on tv. Stewart Lee= Quite possibly the best stand up around!

"is that Joe Pasquale.... in the garden... what could he possibly want":p

Hi I'm off to see the legendary man in a few weeks in oxford my younger bro got student tickets and I'm not a student so I might not get in! AGHHH I'll be gutted, he does resemble the Moz these days but heavier than him last time I saw him on tv. Stewart Lee= Quite possibly the best stand up around!

"is that Joe Pasquale.... in the garden... what could he possibly want":p

I remember seeing him at one of the palladium gigs

Nothing major, but went to see the superb comedian Stewart Lee in Leeds last Sunday and he mentioned how a London newspaper in a review of his show referred to him as a "Crumpled Morrissey"

Got to have a brief chat with him afterwards and got his autograph, it was great meeting a long time hero..not quite as good as if i ever spoke to moz himself but not far off..

He is looking a bit like him these days actually, anyway anyone who gets chance to see his tour - go, it's genius.

I've never seen him live but he's very funny. Another one who takes a unique view on life and that's rare these days.

Stewart Lee is an absolute legend. By far the best comedian around, it isn't even close. I've been to see him 7 or 8 times but sadly haven't seen any of the very recent stuff, the last time was when he was still practicing the Tom O'Connor stuff.

Everyone should be forced to buy his DVD's :D

“He was amazing Stew. He came out, he asked this man in the audience, ‘What do you do for a living?’ and the man says ‘I work in the oil industry’ and quick as a flash, Stew, Tom O'Connor says ‘Are you a sardine?’. It was hilarious. No, wait – the man says ‘I'm in oil,’ that's it, and quick as a flash, Stew, Tom O'Connor says ‘Are you a sardine?’. It was hilarious. He came out...”

*Very Not Safe for Work*

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw Stewarts ex comedy partner Richard Herring last week. There is a certain similarity in style between the two, and I believe he is equally as funny. Maybe slightly less cereberal, but still very intelligent.

Saw Stewarts ex comedy partner Richard Herring last week. There is a certain similarity in style between the two, and I believe he is equally as funny. Maybe slightly less cereberal, but still very intelligent.

Wanted to see Richard Herring's tour but doesn't seem to have any shows nearby for me unfortunately. I'll pick up one of his self-produced dvd's instead i think.

Anyway it's great to hear fellow fans of the legend on here.

Best stand up currently alive.

I'm paraphrasing, but "I can only assume that Gary Lineker gets sexually aroused by obese children dying" is one of those stand up lines that sticks in my mind.

Oh, and remember the Curious Orange Fall nod on their old show way back when?

we saw him at the roundhouse opening night, we had the wristband fiasco I assume he was awaiting vip tickets, he was with his other half, (well I assume it was his other half).

love

Grim

thabks down in albion being trying to remember that piece about tom o connor for ages after seeing him live last year....sooooo funny

Best stand up currently alive.

I'm paraphrasing, but "I can only assume that Gary Lineker gets sexually aroused by obese children dying" is one of those stand up lines that sticks in my mind.

Oh, and remember the Curious Orange Fall nod on their old show way back when?

I remember him being on that documentary about Mark E Smith and talking at length on Steve Merchant's radio show about the Fall. I think I possibly saw him at a Fall gig last year but I can't be sure.

Back
Top Bottom