Burger King admits it has been selling beef burgers & whoppers containing horsemeat

Re: Burger King admits it has been selling beef burgers & whoppers containing horseme

I thought the issue was about horses being fed certain medicines that can cause cancer in humans.

---Urbanus

Re: Burger King admits it has been selling beef burgers & whoppers containing horseme

Surely this is an issue about cheap food.
The question is not whether or not we should be eating horse.
The issue is that we should be told what is in our food.
If i want to eat horse then what I buy should have a horse on packet.

In a nutshell. It's not as if anyone got hurt, but I wouldn't buy a horse burger. Well, I wouldn't buy Whopper in any case, except maybe when drunk and after midnight, but that's beside the point.

In a nutshell. It's not as if anyone got hurt, but I wouldn't buy a horse burger. Well, I wouldn't buy Whopper in any case, except maybe when drunk and after midnight, but that's beside the point.

Hey Qvist, no, you are right so far no one has gotten hurt. However, just because one chooses or is forced to buy cheap food, they still have the right to have the correct contents appear on the packet. As far as the possibility of Bute getting into the human food chain, that as yet has not been shown to have happened.

Horse meat doesn't sound too bad. Plus, it's good on protein.

Hey Qvist, no, you are right so far no one has gotten hurt. However, just because one chooses or is forced to buy cheap food, they still have the right to have the correct contents appear on the packet.

Yes, that was the "in a nutshell" bit.

As far as the possibility of Bute getting into the human food chain, that as yet has not been shown to have happened

And in any case, it hardly matters much unless you eat Whoppers very frequently?

Back
Top Bottom