Courteeners cover There Is a Light...

The Courteeners covering The Smiths

This was from Saturday night at Liverpool Academy, The courteeners joined by Miles Kane(The Rascals), not my video just found it on youtube, pretty good cover imo:thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9uJjTSLJb0

Re: The Courteeners covering The Smiths

This band are fantastic if i wasn't so middle aged i could get right into these.

This band are fantastic if i wasn't so middle aged i could get right into these.

Nonesence! Dont let your age get the better of you! You are correct in saying the courteeners are a fantastic band:guitar:

I absolutely love this band. And not just cos theyre Moz' flava of the month. Liam F, I think really does have a lovely singing voice. Many will say "oh theyre too pop-ish, too commercial blah blah blah" I dont give a f***, I like their music, puts me in a good mood. Some of the lyrics are actually quite catchy and smart.
Im a bit put off by the fact that Ive been DYING to see these lads play L.A for the past two years almost, and the 1st time I might see them is at a huge outdoor festival, Coachella. Im hoping they do one or two L.A. gigs right after Coachella or continue on with Moz on the West Coast/L.A. dates.

My love for this band is as sharp as a needle in your eye....you must be such a fool to pass them by or write them off as overly pop or flavour of the month.
I was there on Saturday night, my 13th time seeing the band, and it was phenomenal. I was massively impressed with this cover, one of the highlights of the times I've seen them.
Liam Fray is a very very talented songwriter and these are a great band.

This band bore me.... just sound like other bands... if I wanted to listen to Oasis or any of those I'd realise I was being a tasteless twat and change my ways.

No offence to Oasis fans!:p

Is that the same Rascals band which bothered Morrissey before he went on stage at the O2 Wireless concert because he wanted the meat ban and they thought they had to push their publicity by making a fuzz about this?

No......

Is that the same Rascals band which bothered Morrissey before he went on stage at the O2 Wireless concert because he wanted the meat ban and they thought they had to push their publicity by making a fuzz about this?
I thought that too, though I don't know which one is which ... and don't particularly want to.

"I'm not in to Morrissey one bit"
Flipping idiot.
This band bore me.... just sound like other bands... if I wanted to listen to Oasis or any of those I'd realise I was being a tasteless twat and change my ways.

No offence to Oasis fans!:p
They are the most boring band I have ever seen which I must add is quite an honour. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew you'd have sense!:D You always seem sensible. What competition have they?

Haha thank you though I've always thought of myself as a bit of a cuckoo.
Hmm probably Echo and the Bunnymen (well, the two(?) remaining members) mainly because Ian McCulloch lack of interest in .. anything really, then again it was free and raining so I'll let them off.

"I'm not in to Morrissey one bit"
Flipping idiot.

We'll see how far these lame ass Shadow Muppets get.....I predict wash ups by the time theyre 25! And they can drag the Arctic Monkeys with them.

Courteeners are a valid band, yes they are still new to the scene so far though their Lp, St. Jude, is a rocker.....Just bc their from Manchester I sense people are branding them "Oasis" wannabees....funny that, I dont see/hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The lad wanted a burger, and a pop star he neither cares about nor likes prevented him from doing it. I'd be pretty annoyed too.

(and before people say I think The Rascals are AWFUL so I'm not sticking up for 'them'. Love the Monkeys and The Courteeners though.)

Back to the topic: I quite like the cover but can't make a proper judgement on it in such low quality. Knowing Liam Fray though he'll be releasing it while he's still in Moz's good books!

Haha thank you though I've always thought of myself as a bit of a cuckoo.
Hmm probably Echo and the Bunnymen (well, the two(?) remaining members) mainly because Ian McCulloch lack of interest in .. anything really, then again it was free and raining so I'll let them off.

Well, in this world cuckoo=sensible usually! "The majority of people are always wrong!":D
Ah, right, though, I don't think anyone can beat the Horrors for bad/boring gigs!:p

Back
Top Bottom