Dana Gillespie announces new studio album, "First Love" (includes "Spent The Day In Bed", out May 31, 2024)

Via

Legendary singer-songwriter Dana Gillespie, with over 70 albums to her credit in a career spanning six decades, adds a new chapter with the release of her stunning new album First Love on 31st May 2024 through Fretsore Records. The album will be released on CD, standard black and limited edition translucent red vinyl.
[...]
The first single release is Morrissey’s Spent The Day In Bed. “We’ve never met,” Dana continues, “but he sent this amazing email saying ‘Your version is far better than mine!’

Dana Gillespie - First Love is released by Fretsore Records on 31 May 2024.
Track Listing:
1 Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Billie Joe Armstrong/Tré Cool/Mike Dirnt)
2 Spent The Day In Bed (Gustavo Manzur/Morrissey)
3 Dance Me To The End of Love – featuring Marc Almond (Leonard Cohen)
4 Not Dark Yet (Bob Dylan)
5 Brewer Street Blues (Marc Almond/Neal Whitmore)
6 Gods And Monsters (Elizabeth Grant/Tim Larcombe)
7 In A Broken Dream (David Bentley)
8 Can You Hear Me (David Bowie)
9 Simple As This (Jake Bugg)
10 First Love, Last Love (Dana Gillespie, Nick Hogarth, Leslie Davidson)
11 Dreams (Stevie Nicks)
Produced By Marc Almond And Tris Penna

Pre-order now from
Rough Trade: https://www.roughtrade.com/.../dana-gillespie/first-love-3
or Sister Ray: https://sisterray.co.uk/products/first-love-1

full

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was watching her on a Bowie documentary a couple of weeks ago, lots of interesting stories about Bowie. She used to go round to see him at his mums house and was surprised at how his mum and dad were silent and it didnt seem a very happy house.

I'm ashamed, ashen-faced, aggreived and almost agitated at my abject absence of awareness of this artist. At least now we know that Moz kmows how to send e-mails.

Wow! I don't know the singer but I do admire her remarkable ability to actually RELEASE an album! This likely is the only album announcing a release date we will see on this site for some time.

Who is this old crone? Why would we want to hear someone older than our grans singing Gods and Monsters: "f*** yeah give it to me this is heaven what I truly want..." :sick:

Who is this old crone? Why would we want to hear someone older than our grans singing Gods and Monsters: "f*** yeah give it to me this is heaven what I truly want..." :sick:
Completely amazing song, though.

She sings softly and well, I didn't know her and I don't like that kind of music, but 70.albums is a lot. That Moz song is very good, the lyrics are simple but it says it all, it's for ordinary people who work to identify. I'd like Moz to do more of these. with wittier lyrics and not protest

Back
Top Bottom