David Bowie dies at 69

Anonymous said:
Semantics aside...neither Reznor nor Morrissey, who both had a notable "professional association" (or whatever you would like to call it) have remained silent. Of course it gives one reason for pause.
You've conveniently left out the fact that countless statements made by other people with notable professional associations with Bowie, people much closer to him such as Eno, Iggy Pop, Tony Visconti, to name only a few, have been consistently pouring in. So no, that a mere two famous figures who have been vocal about their deep emotional connection to Bowie and his music have not yet summoned the will to write a statement does not give one much reason for pause at all.

Last edited:
It's now official people ! Ketchup Bum is a fraud who knows absolutely nothing about the Manchester music scene. To dismiss Tony Wilson the way she has is laughable. I met him twice and he was very interesting to talk to, as Surface noted yes he had a big ego, what's wrong with that. It wasn't just Manchester music he believed in though he was passionate about Liverpool and the North West together under one big umbrella.
But because Steven gives "meat fed Wilson" so much sas that's enough to make him public enemy no 1 in the eyes of her and the Moz ultras.
Don't waste your time replying Ketchup Bum you are finished. Your time is up I am sending you back to the mushroom room to be with all the other mushrooms.
Goodbye !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

You've conveniently left out the fact that countless statements made by other people with notable professional associations with Bowie, people much closer to him such as Eno, Iggy Pop, Tony Visconti, to name only a few, have been consistently pouring in. So no, that two famous figures who have been vocal about their deep emotional connection to Bowie and his music have not yet summoned the will to write a statement does not give one much reason for pause at all.

Yes, and the funny thing is if Moz dies eventually and people with notable associations with him and people close to him will make a nice statement it will get twisted to "They have to say that. They depend on him." It will happen.

I agree with much of this post. I don't feel I'm being dismissive of Wilson's contributions to music history. Sorry
if it looked that way. I just feel that the role he played is small compared to the creative act of these artists as individuals or as bands. It seems for every single article on Joy Division there's five articles on Wilson and his 'importance', And I know you can say,'well there's the proof ',But I don't see it that way. Sorry.

I think we have found common ground here in that we agree that a contribution was made by Wilson/Kristal to the acts that became famous. And regardless of the size we assign to the role each played, it is almost certain that the successes enjoyed were due to their specific efforts.

Semantics aside...neither Reznor nor Morrissey, who both had a notable "professional association" (or whatever you would like to call it) have remained silent. Of course it gives one reason for pause.

Not really paused about it. Have you considered that maybe Morrissey has expressed his condolences privately to the family? Maybe for once he is not making something about him? That would be a nice change.

On another note, for all the 'ribbing' that Morrissey has expressed toward David over the years, are there any cases of David publicly slamming Morrissey?

Not really paused about it. Have you considered that maybe Morrissey has expressed his condolences privately to the family? Maybe for once he is not making something about him? That would be a nice change.

On another note, for all the 'ribbing' that Morrissey has expressed toward David over the years, are there any cases of David publicly slamming Morrissey?
To my knowledge, no. A few years ago his son tweeted some petty comments about Morrissey needing a blowjob and hamburger or something juvenile like that, but as far as I know Bowie has been a class act regarding Morrissey and their falling out, at least publicly.

Re: David Bowie has died

Yes it's true he'd been battling cancer for the last 18 months.
I wonder if Steven will give him a nod with a celebrity death file TTY statement ?
Or will Boz be demanding the re release of Bowie singing I know it's gonna happen, " never has a song been so fitting in such circumstances why aren't you releasing it ? I represent the band and Morrissey and it's our only chance of being number one "

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

You say that like he told you personally. You didn't know so don't try and pretend you did.

- - - Updated - - -

And while I'm here: In the 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all' department, our bigmouth has NOTHING TO SAY about Bowie. f***ing shame on him. I won't forgive him for this. I have supported him through everything but to say nothing about an artist without whom he simply would not exist is low behaviour even for Moz. Would it kill him to tell the truth? I know they had a difficult personal relationship at times but so what? He never shuts his trap and this time something important has happened and not a bloody word.

You've conveniently left out the fact that countless statements made by other people with notable professional associations with Bowie, people much closer to him such as Eno, Iggy Pop, Tony Visconti, to name only a few, have been consistently pouring in. So no, that a mere two famous figures who have been vocal about their deep emotional connection to Bowie and his music have not yet summoned the will to write a statement does not give one much reason for pause at all.

Well, it does in my mind and we all the freedom to perceive things as we wish. I can add to that list, Robert Smith, Billy Corgan and Dave Grohl. I'm just curious why no one he has worked with in the last 20 years aside from lifelong friends (as you mentioned) have made a statement, that's all.

To my knowledge, no. A few years ago his son tweeted some petty comments about Morrissey needing a blowjob and hamburger or something juvenile like that, but as far as I know Bowie has been a class act regarding Morrissey and their falling out, at least publicly.

Sounds good to me :brows:

You say that like he told you personally. You didn't know so don't try and pretend you did.

- - - Updated - - -

And while I'm here: In the 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all' department, our bigmouth has NOTHING TO SAY about Bowie. f***ing shame on him. I won't forgive him for this. I have supported him through everything but to say nothing about an artist without whom he simply would not exist is low behaviour even for Moz. Shame on him.

But what I don't understand is the following: It isn't as if Moz never said anything at all. He went on and on and on, in detail, about Bowie's influence on him, about Bowie's contribution to the musical world and on society. I actually feel there isn't THAT much he could add to all of this. The only new thing would have been, of course, to wish his condolences.

- - - Updated - - -

And while I'm here: In the 'if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all' department, our bigmouth has NOTHING TO SAY about Bowie. f***ing shame on him. I won't forgive him for this. I have supported him through everything but to say nothing about an artist without whom he simply would not exist is low behaviour even for Moz. Would it kill him to tell the truth? I know they had a difficult personal relationship at times but so what? He never shuts his trap and this time something important has happened and not a bloody word.

God, grow up!

Well, it does in my mind and we all the freedom to perceive things as we wish. I can add to that list, Robert Smith, Billy Corgan and Dave Grohl. I'm just curious why no one he has worked with in the last 20 years aside from lifelong friends (as you mentioned) have made a statement, that's all.
Jordan Rudess, who contributed to 2002's Heathen, several of the musicians on Blackstar, Tunde Adebimpe of TV on the Radio (who recorded a track with Bowie in 2006) and members of Arcade Fire (Bowie guested on 2013's Reflektor) are just a few of his recent collaborators who have commented on his death. Stop trying to dig for some hidden scandal that isn't there.

It's Princess of the People syndrome gone mad. CBB tonight was beyond hilarious. If they had newspapers in the house the crocodile tears would have flowed lol.

I'd like to think of David Bowie looking down on that comedy of errors laughing his bollocks off. You couldn't make that up, I'm sure it will be on utube soon.
Tv gold.

Moz or Bob Smith would be better off giving their condolences privately to Bowie's family, which they may have done. There are enough people clogging up their websites expressing grief. Listening to Cameron bleating on about "How the word 'genius' is used too much but Bowie was a genius" was enough to make me feel sick. I loved most of Bowie's music and hate to see hangers on and other human detritus riding the coat tails of his death. I would hope that Mz offers condolences to Iman. They seemed to get on ok together according to Autobiography.

I have never been so disappointed with Morrissey. So much so, I am probably done being a fan. He is either the most spiteful, petty, stubborn, hateful person on earth or a huge pussy, too weak to make a heartfelt statement on his most important influence. I can't be bothered with this guy anymore. I forgave him for his last album which was horrendous and his book which was an international joke. This I cannot forgive. Farewell Morrissey.

Lower your expectations and you will be fine. He is not here to PLEASE YOU, nor does he owe us anything.

- - - Updated - - -

It reads perfectly well in response to the very first post on this board, it really is that simple you thick smunt !

I disagree, it's something called "manners" Speaks volumes as to Morrissey's character.

He just doesn't want to be melodramatic like the rest of you. What he has probably done is picked up a phone and express his condolences to IMAN. He doesn't need to tell you what he has done. He is a gentleman after all.

Back
Top Bottom