Do you want Morrissey to know what you feel?

duchess_of_fork

...if so, I have an idea. Just today I phoned a couple of publishers I worked with in the past, and I think I know what my next project will be, I just need your help-

After I received so many sad letters about people not being able to give their letters to Morrissey, or wondering if he ever read them, I got an idea:

I am putting together a collection to be published which contains letters which Morrissey fans want him to read So basically, you, the admirer would write a letter to Morrissey, handwritten, addressed, containing whatever you'd want to send to him, but because no one really knows what his address is, and if he'd ever get the letter, you'd send the letter to me. I'd work on the collection, the layout, the editing and placement of the letters and then I'd get it published.

I think this is something I'd really like to do for the people who love Morrissey- I have people I know who would be able to help me make this real, and I think all of you have such amazing things to say, and so many positive things to tell the man who graced your lives with his music, it would be a shame for all of that to go to waste.

This is a very exciting opportunity for all of us, but I need your help and contribution to make it happen.

I will post my address if there are enough people interested.

Thank you,
Thank you,
Thank you,

M.

I really love this idea. Personally I love to read non-fiction and the mystique that surrounds Morrissey lends itself to someone unfamiliar with his body of work and the fandom. I think that in recent years, all the art concerning Morrissey/The Smiths is a true testament to the influence he has over world. It also speaks to the fact that he is a true artist and doesn't seek out celebrity. He simply is loved.

Yeah, go on then.

Ok, great! Lots of interest. Please sumbit this to:

*PLEASE MESSAGE ME FOR THE ADDRESS TO SEND TO!!! I HAVE BEEN SPAMMED/HARRASSED BY A WEIRD PERSON AND I DONT WANT THE OWNER OF THIS ADDRESS TO GET ANY NEGATIVE MAIL!*

I'm very very excited!
Make sure you really dress up your letters, make em fancy and send whatever you'd like to send to Morrissey (as long as it is scan-able! or at least photograph-able). Just pretend the above address is Morrissey's. Don't be shy about what you write, I'm the girl who sobbed through Morrissey's set and cried "DON'T LEEEAVVEEE" after the encore...so nothing can be embarrassing!

Last edited:
What a cool idea!!Morrissey would HAVE to read...he couldn`t possibly resist.Count me in!!!

Keep them coming guys, this is going to be great. I love my idea, I already mailed a letter to myself to reserve the idea- no one else can take it! This will be great. I'm almost done the letter for one of the potential publishers with the proposal. This is great! Morrissey will definitely hear about it!

i think this is neat, cant decide if i should participate yet or not...

Hello Duchess,

This really is a great idea - i think a publisher will really like the idea and I can see them taking this on. I will try to contribute and submit something that may or may not be of worth. Shall we discuss royalties now or later?

x

Nice idea Duchess's. I'll be sending a letter soonish.

So duchess, when do you want all the letters by? How long do we all have?

Well, I'd really like to have an idea of the content by the end of march...I suppose late March, April...may the latest. I'd like to have some to show to the publishers just so that they get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Does that sound fair?

Well, I'd really like to have an idea of the content by the end of march...I suppose late March, April...may the latest. I'd like to have some to show to the publishers just so that they get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Does that sound fair?

Oh that's really more than fair! I was expecting a shorter time range. I'll have mine done asap. Does it matter how long it is? I'm assuming no, but just thought I'd ask anyways.

Oh that's really more than fair! I was expecting a shorter time range. I'll have mine done asap. Does it matter how long it is? I'm assuming no, but just thought I'd ask anyways.

it does not matter at all. just say everything you'd want to say to Morrissey in it, be as decorative and creative as you'd want it to be. :) hope that helps!

it does not matter at all. just say everything you'd want to say to Morrissey in it, be as decorative and creative as you'd want it to be. :) hope that helps!

Good I'm glad to hear it. I've been thinking since yesterday of EVERYTHING I would ever want to say, and well, it's gonna be quite long! :p It helped alot thanks! I know exactly what I'm gonna do in the creative department! :D Oooo, I'm so excited!

Back
Top Bottom