Does "Ambitious Outsiders" threaten child-rape?

'Genetic Sexual Attraction' under the name Novice though.

Lots of posts seem to be disappearing today.

God, I can't believe I bothered to write all of that stuff above. Have spent all my time ranting in various threads today. Don't want to turn into one of those whiney people that make the forum a horrible place to visit. Gaaah. That's what happens when you are woken by the sound of your neighbour's children screeching at each other at 5.45am :mad:

There's only three posts on that thread. You mean you guys had this entire conversation and it was all deleted? I'm confused.

Re: banned users

'Genetic Sexual Attraction' under the name Novice though.

Lots of posts seem to be disappearing today.

God, I can't believe I bothered to write all of that stuff above. Have spent all my time ranting in various threads today. Don't want to turn into one of those whiney people that make the forum a horrible place to visit. Gaaah. That's what happens when you are woken by the sound of your neighbour's children screeching at each other at 5.45am :mad:

There's only three posts on that thread. You mean you guys had this entire conversation and it was all deleted? I'm confused.

I'm terribly sorry guys, but David decided to delete Novice / All Mod Cons' posts:
Due to the abuse of constant re-registrations, posts made by known returning banned members may be removed now. They were effectively getting around their ban by abusing the free and quick registration system.

Otherwise posts are generally not deleted unless it is obvious spam or some other violation like posting personal data.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=1337514#post1337514

I don't want to go down this road on another thread but I feel I must:

The site owner & his minions have now decided it is up to them, not only to decide who is worthy of being a member but to also decide what we as free human beings can read & not read.

Re-writing history, even if it's only in the context of a little internet forum, is the absolute lowest a person or people can stoop short of an act of libel or violence.

I am fairly new to all this but I found an interesting quote by Keats that struck me and perhaps it is appropriate to this discourse.

A Poet is the most unpoetical of any thing in existence, because he has no Identity-- he is continually in for -- and filling some other Body The Sun, the Moon, The Sea and Men and Women who are creatures of impulse are poetical and have about them an unchangeable attribute - the poet has none: no identity... October 27, 1818.

One reason I am a fan and I am a new one as I only have listened to Morrissey since I saw him April 2009, is his poetry. He uses a lot of different voices when he writes. When I have written fiction, I have never every written as a woman. Not sure what that says about me but I feel more comfortable in that voice.

One day I was thinking that perhaps in a way he is a 21st century Chaurcer though I don't think any of the characters are going on Pilgrimage.

I am fairly new to all this but I found an interesting quote by Keats that struck me and perhaps it is appropriate to this discourse.

A Poet is the most unpoetical of any thing in existence, because he has no Identity-- he is continually in for -- and filling some other Body The Sun, the Moon, The Sea and Men and Women who are creatures of impulse are poetical and have about them an unchangeable attribute - the poet has none: no identity... October 27, 1818.

One reason I am a fan and I am a new one as I only have listened to Morrissey since I saw him April 2009, is his poetry. He uses a lot of different voices when he writes. When I have written fiction, I have never every written as a woman. Not sure what that says about me but I feel more comfortable in that voice.

One day I was thinking that perhaps in a way he is a 21st century Chaurcer though I don't think any of the characters are going on Pilgrimage.

This thread is about "Ambitious Outsiders," not being stoned out of your gourd.

I'm terribly sorry guys, but David decided to delete Novice / All Mod Cons' posts:

:mad: THIS ISN'T FAIR!!!!!!!!

I repeat this, morrissey-solo.com is a private property.
The site administrator usually treats users equally, however, few banned users do not deserve the privilege.

A self-righteous post from the stupid vagina book cover thread:

Weird. It's like you people don't know Morrissey at all! Oh wait...you don't.

followed several days later by:

My initial response was to say "No I'm just f***ing with you." in order to maintain some semblance that I'm not a crazy person and have normal conversations with you all, but yes. I believe this stuff. :o

For many years I studied this way of "reading" things. I had a teacher, he taught me how to do it using movies. Now I do it using everything because it's like a language for weirdos. Morrissey is one of those weirdos. I read him. I think he appreciates it. He can sing he's a living sign all he wants but it doesn't really count until someone comes along trained to read him. :D Don't tell me I need therapy or that I'm psychotic, I've heard it all. :p

LMFAO. You need therapy and you are psychotic.

A self-righteous post from the stupid vagina book cover thread:

There's a difference between postulating a theory and claiming to know him. I don't know him, never met the guy. I said "I think" he appreciates it, never had an official Morrissey letter scribed to me. Quit hating Miss Closed Minded.

You know what? I read a language. I'm not reading Morrissey, I don't know what he had for lunch or who he's f***ing or whether or not he's be offended by an illustration of a vagina, I gather the latter from the wit of his lyrics, something people too wrapped up in his cute smile and back dimples seem to forget about when they assume he'd be offended by a dry humor joke. And about my "reading," you should ask me about the language. You should ask me how I learned it, the person who taught me, the trials I went through to learn it, yet all you want to do is call me psychotic and self righteously mock the crazy one because your closed-minded linear reality is superior to an alternative thinking one. You are ordinary, Claudia2006. If you ever wonder who Morrissey mocks the most, it's you.

It doesn't make me 'feel' anything about Morrissey as, like the majority of his songs, it's social commentry. However, the fact that Morrissey indicates that the aggressors are predatory, police-dodging individuals who you need to lock out and alarm your cars against, indicates quite clearly that he thinks they are scum...

That's not true. Maybe you haven't ever listened to Morrissey before, because if you had, you'd find he celebrates murderers, thieves, and all sorts of criminals, and has nothing good to say about the police. Do I have to provide quotes? Try Ganglord, Last of the International Playboys, Sweet and Tender Hooligan, Jack the Ripper, Maladjusted, and many more.

We all know the effect the Moors Murders had on him and the rest of England in the 60's - and still does today.

Yes, he made a song about it. But what about the quoted interview? You would be better off to say he is not serious that to be so serious about it and assume that he agrees with you.

I don't know WHY he did the song but it's clearly a song about child murderers, and the line about 'reproducing' does seem significant to the meaning.

BUT DON'T UNDERESTIMATE US
When you are
Giving, giving, giving
And we're receiving -
No, no, we're taking
Just keeping
The population down
You're giving, giving, giving
Well, it's your own fault
For reproducing

That's not true. Maybe you haven't ever listened to Morrissey before, because if you had, you'd find he celebrates murderers, thieves, and all sorts of criminals, and has nothing good to say about the police. Do I have to provide quotes? Try Ganglord, Last of the International Playboys, Sweet and Tender Hooligan, Jack the Ripper, Maladjusted, and many more.

Yes, he made a song about it. But what about the quoted interview? You would be better off to say he is not serious that to be so serious about it and assume that he agrees with you.

I don't know WHY he did the song but it's clearly a song about child murderers, and the line about 'reproducing' does seem significant to the meaning.

BUT DON'T UNDERESTIMATE US
When you are
Giving, giving, giving
And we're receiving -
No, no, we're taking
Just keeping
The population down
You're giving, giving, giving
Well, it's your own fault
For reproducing
[/QUOTE

Hi Dave,

Jesus wept. I suppose it serves me right for making a quick, general comment on a forum...

In this particular song, my personal interpretation is that he thinks these people are scum - yours obviously differs - just like some people listen to his stuff and interpret his 'sexuality' in different ways. I'm not saying he thinks they're stupid, or irrational or incapable - but I get the impression he thinks they're scum - if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. Yes, I'm well aware of his fascination with crime / criminal figures and his trashing of the police and the justice system in several songs. So no you don't need to quote them for me.

I've read several interviews in which he mentions the Moors murderers - and at no point do I remember him being in anyway ambiguous about his feelings towards them. Although I do take your point that he views them in an objective, rational way, rather than the usual hysterical 'they're eeeevil' reaction from the general public. I also do not assume he agrees with me, I just think that's what he thinks after reading interviews - I don't presume to know the guy - I'm not that sort of 'fan'! I'm sorry, but I don't organise all my saved interviews etc in any sort of way and I really can't be arsed to look, although I suppose I should if I want to post comments on here.

I agree 'reproduction' is central to the song - but I was really responding to the snotty tone of Novice's (and whatever his other username was) post. Which is why it was not possibly the best thought out piece of writing I've ever producted in my life. But there you go....

Last edited:
Ambitious Outsiders is quite clearly about drug dealers targeting kids. As clear as the nose on a Roman face...

Ambitious Outsiders is quite clearly about drug dealers targeting kids. As clear as the nose on a Roman face...

Ditto! I can't understand why I had to read almost 2 pages of thread before someone pointed this out.

Always thought that as well.

And as for what Morrissey may or may not have conceded in an interview, pay no attention to what Morrissey says in interviews, trust me he doesn't.

And CG sorry luv but you (or at least your theories) really are stark raving bonkers. You can't read some secret language because frankly speaking it doesn't exist. Whomever put this witchpokery in your head has clearly done a good job, but the bad news is the mothership will not be arriving anytime soon to pick the enlightened astral travellers up.

As Russell Brand may say, "ridicul-arse."

Back
Top Bottom