Dreaming of Touching Your Arm - link to blog article posted on Morrissey Central

Enough with the inward rage tuned outward already.
Enough with the weak-tea logic and pablum-level defense of your man-crush.

You’re about as qualified to judge someone’s psychiatric health as a cow, after the bolt to the head. ...and nowhere near as tasty.

"Uncle Skinny Strikes again.....And as the flames rose to your dirty nose, as your iPad started to burn...."

How’s the waistline?

A kind thankyou Neal for your thoughtful posting of this article. Yes friends, the ladies do jump on stage for a hand shake, a grab, just to touch him. To some it's as if they were at Lourdes...Guadalupe, or Fatima to see a miracle. In a way...it is....That man on tv....on that old fm radio...or stream....really does exist....No?
Day 1 of the 10 day Palladium Shows in L.A. "You smell like jet-fuel"...to that beautiful girl who stage invaded and hugged you...rember Moz ?

Some of the stuff in that piece made me weep. Like real tears. They were so poignant and so relateable and stirred up so many emotions and memories.

"I existed to him, for just a small moment…"

Enough with the weak-tea logic and pablum-level defense of your man-crush.

You’re about as qualified to judge someone’s psychiatric health as a cow, after the bolt to the head. ...and nowhere near as tasty.
You could take up a career as a bad writer. There are plenty already but there's room for more. Sign up now. Don't wait. Your mediocre career awaits!

I wish you lonely.

Wish came true.
No sin in being being lonely. We're Morrissey fans after all (well some of us are) It's what you do with that time spent being lonely that speaks volumes and Uncle Thin Skin's efforts barely read 0.01 of a decibel.

You could take up a career as a bad writer. There are plenty already but there's room for more. Sign up now. Don't wait. Your mediocre career awaits!
Second verse? ...same as the first.

Keep reachin’, kiddo. ;)

No sin in being being lonely. We're Morrissey fans after all (well some of us are) It's what you do with that time spent being lonely that speaks volumes and Uncle Thin Skin's efforts barely read 0.01 of a decibel.
Of course, I agree, but you knew what I meant.

How is he not completely bored by fans by now?

I was at a festival last weekend and there were some band members hanging around watching the comedy before the music started at the side of the stage, it was calm and lovely and fun to be in their circle for a few minutes sharing a laugh. THese stupid f***ing fan girls spotted them and sat down and immediately started taking pictures. I was so embarrassed because I am sadly stuck as one of the stupid fangirls that I got up and left, and the band sensed it was happening and got up and left, completely ruined the moment. Fans are like lice.

What a load of saccharine bollocks, totally ignoring the fact he's a racist arsehole these days.

I'm just glad ForeSkinny's meds are currently working to get him back on here posting for a little while, as his posts have become fricken hilarious.

With his constant talk of Nazis, he sounds like Owen Jones on crack.

Honestly what a load of pretentious bollocks. I get the sentiment, but this just one guy’s opinion/experience, and the fact that M himself is even linking this guys blog reeks of “look at me! See, not everyone hates me! I still have fans who worship me even if I am a xenophobic wanker!”

The thing is, he has lost a lot of support from quite a lot of fans that have been around for a very long time. It may not be the ‘majority’ but the fact is that there are a fair few who have denounced his repugnant views, and I have personally witnessed this across social media with quite a lot of people. People whom I never thought I would see the day. If you take a look along that barrier, it looks pretty different than a did five or 10 years ago. There are still some of the older fans there, the ones who turn a blind eye (or just don’t care/agree with him) and will go to their grave unwilling to upset their master. Then of course you have a lot of those newer and younger fans, and those part of the Kool Aid brigade who lap up every filthy comment that comes out of his mouth because they can’t bear the thought of their lives without him.

The bottom line is that there are a lot of people who have a mind of their own and are not okay with the things he has been saying over the last few years, and I commend them. I also respect those who want to stay behind and follow someone who tells people to support a vile far-right organisation and shares videos on his website of diatribes coming from Holocaust revisionists. Good luck to you. But the times have changed, and many people have jumped ship. It’s not just a conspiracy against him by the “media” people, there are plenty of us ex diehard fans that are not willing to follow this once-great artist’s career into the depths of xenophobic rubbish. You can take your For Britain and shove it up your arse, Morrissey. You’ve crossed a line, and many of us are f***ing sick of it. No fanboy blog post is going to change that.

I agree it is not about sexual atraction, but because of a spiritual connection that people want to touch and hug Morrissey. It's like when people want to touch the Pope. That is the magnetism Morrissey owns and the place he won by himself between his fans. I personally am not that kind of fan but it's very understandable that some people need to make a physical connection as much as the spiritual or artistic connection. Luckily not everybody needs that, because Morrissey would be massacrated during every concert and shows would never end in a proper way. Besides, security expenses would be higher. There could be some exceptions but those would be stalkers, not fans.

20161002t0413-095-cns-pope-azerbaijan-mass.jpg.png

7EBEEFB5-BF09-4740-A777-9BA9F2E8F40E.jpeg
Day 1 of the 10 day Palladium Shows in L.A. "You smell like jet-fuel"...to that beautiful girl who stage invaded and hugged you...rember Moz ?

To be fair, it was 1 of 8 shows at the Palladium. Two were cancelled due to "plumbing issues" at the venue.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom