Factory International: "A night with The Johnny Marr Orchestra" (on December 7-8, 2023)

A NIGHT WITH THE JOHNNY MARR ORCHESTRA

JM_2000x1125.f1ccbae~2.jpg

Get ready for a night of classics and fan favourites brought to life with a new, expanded sound as Johnny Marr takes to the stage with a full orchestra.

Known for crafting a generation-defining guitar sound with The Smiths,
Marr has carved out an equally impressive solo career, bringing his masterful playing to a new generation of indie rock fans.

In 2022, Marr released his fourth solo album Fever Dreams Pts. 1–4 to widespread critical acclaim, before touring with the likes of Blondie and The Killers. Now, he brings his live show back to where it all began – right here in Manchester.

For this special performance at Aviva Studios, Marr is joined on stage by some of the best classical musicians from across Manchester. Together, they’ll reinterpret Marr’s mightily impressive catalogue in A Night with the Johnny Marr Orchestra.

This looks rather interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Johnny have a habit of canceling? "Because...... I'm sure it's going to be good to go see the JohnnyMarr orchestra!! Enjoy because... I... No words. I still haven't heard from M:rage::rage:

I'm sure they will. Incidentally, most of them will be in the "Love The Smiths Hate Morrissey" crowd as they, nonetheless, sing loudly along to Morrissey's words. Not a particularly bright bunch of people.

I don't know why you think that. There are many that will go to both solo shows and love the Smiths. In fact, they may not even be Johnny Marr fans, but Smiths fans. But by the end of the show, they will be Marr fans though.

I’ve got my tickets! Seen him twice recently, Holmfirth and The Piece Hall, he was superb.

Doesn't make him wrong
The charm in There is a light its not the music but the M lyrics. The vocal melody, the emphasis on certain words or feelings. The music its "fine" but is M that made the song that special, not the guitar dwarf, even that he was in charge of the music. Its just plain music until M put the lyrics on and made it... well, a hymn

The charm in There is a light its not the music but the M lyrics. The vocal melody, the emphasis on certain words or feelings. The music its "fine" but is M that made the song that special, not the guitar dwarf, even that he was in charge of the music. Its just plain music until M put the lyrics on and made it... well, a hymn

Too bad Moz doesn’t play it.

And what would it have been if Morrissey had the lyrics and someone other than Marr wrote the music?

The lengths you absolute losers go to to appear contrarian is absolutely pathetic. Your mind must be constantly performing mental gymnastics. This is what your comment reads as:

"The Smiths music is actually SHIT. ONLY THE LYRICS MATTER. WHEN I LISTEN TO THE SMITHS I ISOLATE THE VOCALS JUST TO LISTEN TO THEM AND THEM ONLY. Johnny Marr is just a "FINE", and his compositions DEFINITELY HAD ZERO IMPACT ON THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT OR ANY OF THE OTHER MEGA POPULAR SMITHS SONGS. NO ONE LISTENS TO THE SMITHS FOR THE MUSIC"

Johnny has star quality and can light up a stage. To deny that is crazy. Hope anyone going to this has a great time, which I'm sure they will do.
There is a reason Johnny got out of The Smiths when he did - and every so often, like with recent events, we get a glimpse of it. No one but hired musicians would put up with it. Johnny always was and always will be much more than that. Musical genius.

Johnny has star quality and can light up a stage. To deny that is crazy. Hope anyone going to this has a great time, which I'm sure they will do.
There is a reason Johnny got out of The Smiths when he did - and every so often, like with recent events, we get a glimpse of it. No one but hired musicians would put up with it. Johnny always was and always will be much more than that. Musical genius.
You're exaggerating. When I saw him the only time the crowd came alive was when he performed Smiths songs and that one Electronic song. Otherwise the atmosphere was dull. He has a lot of great songs mainly down to his time in The Smiths but as far as star quality goes as a frontman goes, he doesn't have that.

"The Smiths music is actually SHIT. ONLY THE LYRICS MATTER. WHEN I LISTEN TO THE SMITHS I ISOLATE THE VOCALS JUST TO LISTEN TO THEM AND THEM ONLY.
You can actually get software that does this pretty well now, for a reasonable price. All the Marr-haters will be in bliss, listening to their Smiths records with everything but the vocals stripped out. :LOL:

Because it's a great song regardless of who's murdering the vocals
Ill never understand that way back in late '85 when they all sat back and listened to the finished album nobody demanded There Is A Light would be the lead single, apparently it was Moz who wanted Bigmouth to be the lead single, great song tho it is, but There Is A Light would have been a top 5 hit for them.
And how Moz, obsessed by chart positions, didnt see this, is astounding to me.

Ill never understand that way back in late '85 when they all sat back and listened to the finished album nobody demanded There Is A Light would be the lead single, apparently it was Moz who wanted Bigmouth to be the lead single, great song tho it is, but There Is A Light would have been a top 5 hit for them.
And how Moz, obsessed by chart positions, didnt see this, is astounding to me.

I think Morrissey just wanted to come out swinging. Marr also agreed it should be the first single. On a similar note, Geoff Travis didn’t see How Soon as being representative of the band’s sound and it was initially released as a b-side!

He's played it loads of times and the version at the MEN in 04 was f***ing transcendental.

You realize 2004 was nearly 20 years ago. Johnny has consistently played it for years now. It will sound epic with an orchestra - just like he wanted in the Smiths. Great song!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom