Forthcoming B-side???

Well, not originally. It's from the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical "Carousel" and was well-known for a long time before it became a "football song".

they really use that song at soccer games? I can't picture it, but whatever works... I think Moz would do a great version of it.

It's only really in the Uk where it is seen as a football song. Lots of people have covered it, even Elvis. It's a crooner's standard. I think Roy Hamilton did it first, which may be the version Moz likes.

I don't think it's the same song because ASCAP is for registering songs written by an artist.

It's probably just the same title. :)

devushkao said:
I don't think it's the same song because ASCAP is for registering songs written by an artist.

It's probably just the same title. :)

If you click on the title, it takes you to a page that says it was written by Rogers + Hammerstein for Carousel, so yeah, it's the same song. Did Morrissey actually record a version of it, I wonder, or is the site mistaken?

love, math+

Sinatra did a version on the album 'Concert Sinatra'

amazing!

Math Tinder said:
Did Morrissey actually record a version of it, I wonder, or is the site mistaken?
love, math+

There is a cover version on each of the ROTT singles, so far.

It could have been recorded for the next single?? :confused:

earl, yeah, Morrissey has had The Smoking Popes' uptempo version of You'll Never Walk Alone on his pregig mix this tour.

dawn_raider, that's a good point about all the singles thus far having cover versions. I wonder!

love, math+

That's just a poor mans 'songmeanings.net', its been added by someone, whilst most of the rest of Mozzers catalogue has been ommitted.

He wont do it as B-Side. Hopefully not anyway...Scouse bastards.

Back
Top Bottom