Side A or side B?

Kuiper

Better than Marr
No, this is not about a-sides and b-sides relating to singles, but about side A and side B on the albums. The main question I'm asking is which side from each album you prefer overall, but I'm going to be a bit excessive and pick a favorite song from each side as well.

The Smiths: side B (Reel Around the Fountain; Hand in Glove)
Meat is Murder: side A (I Want the One I Can't Have; Nowhere Fast)
The Queen is Dead: side B (I Know It's Over; There is a Light that Never Goes Out)
Strangeways, Here We Come: side A (A Rush and a Push and the Land is Ours; I Won't Share You)
Viva Hate: side A (Alsatian Cousin; Suedehead)
Kill Uncle: side B (Sing Your Life; There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends)
Your Arsenal: side B (The National Front Disco; Tomorrow)
Vauxhall and I: side A (Now My Heart is Full; Speedway)
Southpaw Grammar: side A (The Operation; Southpaw)
Maladjusted: side A (Trouble Loves Me; Ammunition, but because of Sorrow Will Come in the End I can't tell where the sides differentiate, does anyone own this vinyl LP and knows?)
You Are the Quarry: side B (America Is Not the World; You Know I Couldn't Last)
Ringleader of the Tormentors: side B (In the Future When All's Well; On the Streets I Ran)

I think that your question has a meaning until Southpaw grammar which, in my opinion, was thought as a CD album and therefore without any sides

Anyway,

The Smiths - A side
Meat is murder - A side
The Queen is dead - B side
Strangeways here we come - A side
Viva hate - A side (the only one for which I have absolutely no doubt)
Kill uncle - A side
Your arsenal - A side
Vauxhall and I - B side

No, this is not about a-sides and b-sides relating to singles, but about side A and side B on the albums. The main question I'm asking is which side from each album you prefer overall, but I'm going to be a bit excessive and pick a favorite song from each side as well.

The Smiths: side B (Reel Around the Fountain; Hand in Glove)
Meat is Murder: side A (I Want the One I Can't Have; Nowhere Fast)
The Queen is Dead: side B (I Know It's Over; There is a Light that Never Goes Out)
Strangeways, Here We Come: side A (A Rush and a Push and the Land is Ours; I Won't Share You)
Viva Hate: side A (Alsatian Cousin; Suedehead)
Kill Uncle: side B (Sing Your Life; There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends)
Your Arsenal: side B (The National Front Disco; Tomorrow)
Vauxhall and I: side A (Now My Heart is Full; Speedway)
Southpaw Grammar: side A (The Operation; Southpaw)
Maladjusted: side A (Trouble Loves Me; Ammunition, but because of Sorrow Will Come in the End I can't tell where the sides differentiate, does anyone own this vinyl LP and knows?)
You Are the Quarry: side B (America Is Not the World; You Know I Couldn't Last)
Ringleader of the Tormentors: side B (In the Future When All's Well; On the Streets I Ran)

How do you managed to come up with all these questions? :D You should get an award, I'm not sure what the title would be...

The difficulty with this one is that I don't have any of the albums on vinyl...
The Smiths - B (The Hand That Rocks The Cradle; Still Ill)
Hatful Of Hollow - A (These Things Take Time or Still Ill; This Night Has Opened My Eyes) (it just seemed wrong not to mention it)
Meat Is Murder - B (That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore - if it was actually on side A when HSIN wasn't on MIM?; Well I Wonder)
The Queen Is Dead - A (I Know It's Over; There Is A Light That Never Goes Out)
Strangeways, Here We Come - B (Stop Me If Think You've Heard...; Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me)

Viva Hate - A (Alsatian Cousin; Suedehead)
Bona Drag - A, but only (November; Yes I Am Blind - because I don't use it listen to Suedehead or EILS)
Kill Uncle - erm... I don't know, maybe A (Asian Rut; Driving Your Girlfriend Home)
Your Arsenal - B (You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side; I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday)
Vauxhall & I - B (The More You Ignore Me...; Speedway)
Southpaw Grammar - B because of Southpaw (The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils; Southpaw)
Maladjusted - A (this was the easiest choice) (Maladjusted; none of them, really)
You Are The Quarry - A (I Have Forgiven Jesus; I Like You)
Ringleader - B (The Youngest Was the Most Loved or The Father Who Must Be Killed; Life Is A Pigsty)

Back
Top Bottom