Fox5NY: Morrissey, Exclusive Performance & Interview (October 20, 2023)

UPDATE October 20:

"Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings" on "Good Day New York / Fox5NY - Winkin’ Long / YouTube. Link posted by TheSmiths_1985.

Interview with Rosanna Scotto now on Fox5NY and YouTube:

From MarcoD71 (mp4 download available):

Audio link and screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

full

Posted by Famous when dead (original post):

full

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Rebel Withour Applause will be on there and, if so, whether it will be the same mix. I think the song is great but the production was poor in my opinion. Morrissey doesn't need autotune, you could hear the artifacts at times. It just sounds too digital.
Agreed… I didn’t think it was a good idea for him to work with Watt when I first heard of it for various reasons (again, what do I know?!?), but behind the scenes record company issues aside, the production sound is going to make the record sound terribly dated at some point. Maybe if they wait long enough it will come back in style 😉

Something to think about… could be several reasons for it (scheduling being one), but it stands out that for someone that isn’t afraid to use the same producer more than once, he made the choice to go back to Joe C for WMTWD. My AW bias aside, I’m much more interested to hear that record than I am BoT having heard tracks from both now.

I feel weirdly flat after watching that. I just can't summon up any enthusiasm - the song isn't great, no particular interest in the new band, Moz has aged really visibly and talks like he's just treading water because he's done everything he wanted to do and met all his heroes. I used to feel so excited about the prospect of an interview or new music but this was just boring. It's the first time I've really felt that his time has gone and that he's just going through the motions.

Agreed… I didn’t think it was a good idea for him to work with Watt when I first heard of it for various reasons (again, what do I know?!?), but behind the scenes record company issues aside, the production sound is going to make the record sound terribly dated at some point. Maybe if they wait long enough it will come back in style 😉

Something to think about… could be several reasons for it (scheduling being one), but it stands out that for someone that isn’t afraid to use the same producer more than once, he made the choice to go back to Joe C for WMTWD. My AW bias aside, I’m much more interested to hear that record than I am BoT having heard tracks from both now.
Now I'm hoping he re-records BOT with Joe C, but that's probably unlikely I take it

This is how I felt about Ringleader, that it was recorded underwater. Took a while for that album to grow on me... fear BOT will be similar to ROTT in that regards
I had my own issues with Ringleader, but overall I wasn’t terribly down on the production, but I get where you’re coming from.

Is this the snippet you’re taking about ? I agree with the production style, it’s not to my taste either

Hearing that booming from the Caesars Palace marquee when I was in town for the residency was a real treat. Veronica is my favorite of the new songs, I couldn't help but smile every time I heard it that week.

Great performance, great interview. As a New Yorker, found this to be so refreshing. I've been avoiding the unreleased songs, but a TV performance gave me the reason to finally hear it. Amazing tune. I will be seeing him on Tuesday, very much excited. 12th Moz show I think (1st saw him on the 'Your Arsenal' tour in Lawrence, KS - I grew up in Missouri farm country)

Hearing that booming from the Caesars Palace marquee when I was in town for the residency was a real treat. Veronica is my favorite of the new songs, I couldn't help but smile every time I heard it that week.
I love Veronica too!

i use the "old tele" ringtone...i notice many use that, or the default instead of song clips which ironically older folk tend to use
My rimgtone was the Halloween theme by John Carpenter. Which meant every time I played a Carpenter Halloween LP I started to dread the theme song (yes I don't like my phone ringing). So I changed it to a song I'm less likely to listen to on LP.

No, but it’s the same version. It’s all personal preference and subjective, of course. It’s just metallic sounding to me. I’ll never believe it sounds “better” with the bv’s and takes away from just how good his voice is.
Morrissey's voice in the last 5 years has never been better. Vocally he is on peak perfection.

I guess this is worth interjecting:

They could have walked past each other today or anytime this week...
New York being ironic on several levels
FWD.

Johnny's on a big promo push for his book and album, doesn't have a lot of name recognition in the US. Morrissey's career is at a low point. It's NYC where Andy Rourke lived and died. If Johnny would just walk on and do one song with Morrissey on Saturday night. Think of the press and the good will!

I love the interviewer. She's fantastic and so enthusiastic. I think what I love about her is she's so unlike Morrissey and over the top but it's genuine where I've seen that kind of fake enthusiasm from interviewers where they desperately try to sound like they are hip to the guest etc... This was good!

Wearing sunglasses indoors??!! In a studio? Omg such a bad taste. Typical bums. Tour manager hissed and groaned and he constantly moaned about Alain but accepts perfectly that bunch of... ********

Johnny's on a big promo push for his book and album, doesn't have a lot of name recognition in the US. Morrissey's career is at a low point. It's NYC where Andy Rourke lived and died. If Johnny would just walk on and do one song with Morrissey on Saturday night. Think of the press and the good will!
Hahahahahahhahahahaha M would eat his testicles before joining that little minded man

I love the interviewer. She's fantastic and so enthusiastic. I think what I love about her is she's so unlike Morrissey and over the top but it's genuine where I've seen that kind of fake enthusiasm from interviewers where they desperately try to sound like they are hip to the guest etc... This was good!
I thought she did a great job and her team prepared well to know about Miley and BoT not being released. They kept it light and Morrissey came off as charming.

He should never do an interview with SER or FiDo again.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom