greatest hits - predict a tracklist

Well he's going to make most of solo unhappy no matter what he chooses. Why didn't be include so-and-so? How did that song get included at the expense of this song? Etc.

If we go according to the wisdom of crowds
Everyday Is Like Sunday (1988)
First of The Gang To Die (2004)
Hairdresser On Fire (1988)
I Have Forgiven Jesus (2004)
Jack The Ripper (1992)
Late Night, Maudlin St (1988)
Life Is A Pigsty (2006)
Lost (1997)
Now My Heart Is Full (1994)
Speedway (1994)
Suedehead (1988)
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (1989)
The National Front Disco (1992)
Trouble Loves me (1997)
Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself (1994)

But we already own all of those. I'd only buy it for completeness, or to educate others. Personally I'd love an album of songs that may not be his greatest commercial successes, but really shine when played live. A Jack the Ripper, Speedway, Ganglord style album.

I also wonder if a best of... isn't a buy in for a new record deal?

Last edited:
It'd be a shame in my opinion if Life is a Pigsty wasn't on it, and if I'll never be anybody's hero now also wasn't on it I think it would be a tragedy altogether.
On the topic, how bout a collection of B-sides? I think an album of 11/12 b-sides would be absolutely class!

It'd be a shame in my opinion if Life is a Pigsty wasn't on it, and if I'll never be anybody's hero now also wasn't on it I think it would be a tragedy altogether.
On the topic, how bout a collection of B-sides? I think an album of 11/12 b-sides would be absolutely class!

A COMPLETE B-Sides Collection is in order

Surely not another live album. I can't see even Morrissey going for this after Live At Earl's Court is a fairly fresh memory.

Surely not another live album. I can't see even Morrissey going for this after Live At Earl's Court is a fairly fresh memory.

Don't most big name bands release a live CD or DVD after every tour these days?

Then again...they usually sit on their asses for 2-3 years before recording a new album..so it makes 4-5 years in between releases

I still believe that the use of the phrase "Greatest Hits" is a joke. If a "Greatest Hits" album does surface, I think it will just be a funny title for a compilation of Sanctuary B-sides and the 2 new songs. I don't think you could fit all of the B-sides, so here is 16 song tracklist.

1. That's How People Grow Up
2. Ganglord
3. I Knew I Was Next
4. Mexico
5. If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me
6. Friday Morning
7. It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small
8. Sweetie Pie
9. Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice
10. Munich Air Disaster 1958
11. Christian Dior
12. Good Looking Man About Town
13. My Life is a Succession of People Saying Goodbye
14. The Public Image
15. All You Need is Me
16. The Never Played Symphonies

I still believe that the use of the phrase "Greatest Hits" is a joke. If a "Greatest Hits" album does surface, I think it will just be a funny title for a compilation of Sanctuary B-sides and the 2 new songs. I don't think you could fit all of the B-sides, so here is 16 song tracklist.

1. That's How People Grow Up
2. Ganglord
3. I Knew I Was Next
4. Mexico
5. If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me
6. Friday Morning
7. It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small
8. Sweetie Pie
9. Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice
10. Munich Air Disaster 1958
11. Christian Dior
12. Good Looking Man About Town
13. My Life is a Succession of People Saying Goodbye
14. The Public Image
15. All You Need is Me
16. The Never Played Symphonies

i think this list is pretty close to what i expect to see , i think it will be mostly attack stuff , maybe more a sides though

i think it's going to be a sanctuary greatest hits release since the label has folded, which is pretty redundant seeing how moz only put 2 albums for them.

Maybe it won't be a 'Greatest Hits'. Just a compilation album, featuring all the Sanctuary singles, 2 new songs and some Bsides maybe even an album track or two.

Maybe it won't be a 'Greatest Hits'. Just a compilation album, featuring all the Sanctuary singles, 2 new songs and some Bsides maybe even an album track or two.

this has got to be the way .. i think the early singles have been over released now ,there cant be many people with a vague interest in morrissey that dont own suedehead and edils

This would be my gut-feeling as well if it comes out on Sanctuary - say 3 tracks from 'Quarry', 3 tracks from 'Ringleaders' a couple of tracks from 'Live at Earls Court' (presumably There is a Light and Redondo Beach), a couple of choice B-Sides and the new material in the form of Thats How People Grow Up/All You Need Is Me - voila - a new compilation album right there.

You could argue it's somewhat pointless, but then 'World of Morrissey' was a similarly pointless scraping together of random tracks for a contractual obligation album, and it would remove the effort of having to co-ordinate with 4 different record labels for a fully comprehensive 'Greatest Hits' album.

A Greatest Hits made up of selected A-sides with a second disc made up of selected B-sides would be nice to see. They could do the second disc as a limited edition run to help pull in sales, seeming how record labels like that sort of thing.

i'm not going to get into a playlist right now, but if it's a 'best of' i would guess 'sunny' is going to be on there, since it's on both the rhino-compilation and suedehead.
i just wish he would play it live...

Because if he has to release a compilation album, at least that has a decent idea behind it and would make for a satisfying listen.

But the possibility of such a thing is remote, as has been remarked here.

Made up of hits - chart placings - regardless of label, era, availability...and a bonus disc culling b-sides only

Back
Top Bottom