Grimsby Roll Call

Anyone going to Grimsby?

I'm travelling up from Wales on the day I think and then stopping overnight before travelling back. Hoping to arrive early enough to get to the front as I haven't been up close and personal since 1991. Hoping for better luck this time as Swindon was my last!

Im going up on the day and stopping in cleethorpes overnight, which im led to believe is not to far from the venue. want to know what people intend to do, or go pre/post gig.

I'm off to Grimsby! Travelling up from Nottingham. 5th time seeing Morrissey, but sadly the first time I'll be going on my own - couldn't find any partners in crime this time around. So if anyone is in the same boat and fancies meeting up, let me know.

I am. Really looking forward to it.

Just realised I don't know anyone on this thread except TCM...so I'll see you all there, but won't actually know who any of you are...

Just realised I don't know anyone on this thread except TCM...so I'll see you all there, but won't actually know who any of you are...

i dont know any one either, maybe we should make badges with our solo names on..........maybe not, im just gettin excited

i dont know any one either, maybe we should make badges with our solo names on..........maybe not, im just gettin excited

The Reader and I will be wearing blue "Snuggly" blankets (because our mothers have similarly naff tastes in Christmas presents) and scoffing bags of Frazzles.

I'm planning on bringing a load of earplugs because it rarely dawns on The Future Deaf to bring any. So pay heed to Mummy Kate and ask me for some. I ran out of the down-filled ones I've been giving away, so I've picked up a bag of foamies. I'll be selling them at 50p a pair, proceeds to the kitties. :)

EDIT: Speaking of the kitties, if I have any "Now My Heart is Wool" calendars left, I'll bring those along. The price will be £6.50 each because there's no p&p to pay for.

Last edited:
Ha Ha, yes that's true! We'll be the distinctively dressed 'crazy' ladies.

The static electricity from our Snuggly blankets (or 'Slankets' as I believe some call them?) may cause me to give anyone within 10 meters a massive electric shock. There will be no charge for that by the way - it's just an added extra ;)

meet up in a pub near the venue?or hanging around at cleethorpes before or after(as there is no aftershowparty?)

Weather forecast for Tuesday is sunny during the day, then thunderstorms later, so you might want to bring your pack-a-mac.

PS: Could be worse!

_43048553_humber_clouds203.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,I'll be there on Tues,I live 25 mins walk away.

Best pubs/bars in grimsby town centre,weatherspoons near the station for food etc.
From the town centre its about 25/30 mins walk to the venue.
Have a couple of spare tickets if anybody requires one.

Anymore info needed let us know.

Cheers

Andy.

gymap.jpg

I'll be there too. Sadly can only get time off for Grimsby, Leeds and Dublin x2 this year (...which of course is preferable to getting time off for good behaviour).

Back
Top Bottom