Harold Pinter just died. :(

Can't be! :(:tears:

Gutted, I know he was kinda old but he was still in his 70's.:tears:

A prose-ppoem written under the inspiration of Harold Pinter--updated on hearing of his passing today.-Ron Price, Australia
--------------
FINDING OUT

I feel as a citizen of the world that I have a responsibility, to the best of my ability, to find out what is going on, to be vigilant, to speak about it, to act on it. My poetic writing is an expression of this action, this speaking, this finding out. It allows me to confront the issues which concern me. It also allows me to celebrate life, to set the living language of poetry, of art, against the dead prose of so many places, to challenge the established views of society and oppose them with the power of my own imagination; and to enjoy the private, solitary side of my life. My religious commitment is also an expression of this trying to find out what is going on, but in a different way; so is a plethora of acts in my daily life. As we strive to understand what is going on we must keep in mind that we often will not know until tomorrow, or in six months time. By then we might have forgotten or have our imagination attribute false chacteristics to the past event. The following poem is a meditation on the question of finding out what is going on. -Ron Price with thanks to Penelope Prentice, The Pinter Ethic: The Erotic Aesthetic, Garland Pub., Inc., NY, 1994.

What is going on? you ask.
Well, there is a question
of such immense complexity,
such staggering fascination,
that this poetic opus can be
filled again and again until
I leave this mortal coil and
confront and celebrate in the
privacy of my chamber until
tomorrow and tomorrow and
tomorow become yesterdays
and my metaphysic,
my epistomology,
my ontology,
my weltanschaung,
meets yours in what seems to me
a never-ending journey or, more
often, on a trip that goes absolutely
nowhere, fast, or so it often seeems,
eh, Harold: I wonder if you have gone
nowhere, Harold: time will tell, yes....

Ron Price
3 August 2000:cool:

Back
Top Bottom