Have you ever "rediscovered" a Morrissey or Smiths c.d.?

T

Troy's Keen

It's been quite a while since I sat back and really listened to Strangeways and I forgot what an incredible c.d. it is.

It really made me want to hear Morrissey perform "Death Of A Disco Dancer" with a fervor similar to his live version of "The Teachers are Afraid Of The Pupils". The incredible buildup at the beginning of "Last Night I Dreamt..." just wallows in misery and despair.

Have you all had similar experiences with of your own with a "rediscovery"?

> It's been quite a while since I sat back and really listened to
> Strangeways and I forgot what an incredible c.d. it is.

> It really made me want to hear Morrissey perform "Death Of A Disco
> Dancer" with a fervor similar to his live version of "The
> Teachers are Afraid Of The Pupils". The incredible buildup at the
> beginning of "Last Night I Dreamt..." just wallows in misery and
> despair.

> Have you all had similar experiences with of your own with a
> "rediscovery"?
I actually listened to "Strangeways" yeterday , and also had forgotten how great it was . The only track that isnt that good is "Death at ones elbow " .Completely agree with you about the intro to "Last night i dreamt that somebody loves me " I haven't heard any intro to a song as powerful and emotional as that ,ever.

On first hearing "Strangeways" I wasn't that keen on " I won't share you" or "Unhappy birthday " ,but they have both really grown on me over the years some people find "Death of a disco dancer " a bit dull, personally it's my favourite after "LNIDTSLM".

Yes,I rediscovered what an excellent disc....... world of morrissey is.....

Been painting the house and listening to Southpaw on repeat.

One of the least accessible Morrissey albums. Teachers and The Operation, for example, are not particularly "easy" songs. But I've listened to the CD about 30 times in a row (seriously, at least that many) over the last 5 days, and I really, really like it. Not one that I spin very often, but it has incapacitated my brain in a good way while I needed to concentrate on coloring inside the lines.

> Have you all had similar experiences with of your own with a
> "rediscovery"?

A few years back, I reclaimed the original SMITH album reaffirming its status as a classic.. I had it on vinyl and never got a CD version till that late. It was an experinec and a joy to rediscover.

Maladjusted was also recently re-evaluated in a more positive light.

Strangeways never was low down in my estimation.. 'From the Ghost of troubled joy' through to the end of that album.. The Smiths could do no wrong then, or before, or since!

Ruffian

Back
Top Bottom