help soulseek

B

beloved

is there antbody else havin trouble with soulseek since i downloaded new version i have had nothing but trouble, thanks for any help

> is there antbody else havin trouble with soulseek since i downloaded new
> version i have had nothing but trouble, thanks for any help

Have you loaded the XP Servicepack #2? There are issues with that, unfortunately. There is a fix listed on the Soulseek website, but I've chosen not to load it. I'd check it out if you're really concerned.

Good luck,
BlueGirl

Yep, and that's not the only problem. Due to the burst in users of soulseek, the coders have supposedly capped its usage to around 100k users i think. I guess you are having poor search results like me whatever build of soulseek you use. Some people who have become privileged users ($5 month) seem to get better seach results and priority downloads, so maybe that is your only option. Its a piece of software id pay for, just for the rare material you can find on there and nowhere else. You can pay through paypal if you want to take this on board, but id certainly suggest reading up on the soulseek forums (click 'web' in soulseek or goto http://www.slsknet.org i think) and have a read up there about the patch to counter the sp2 issue.

Deano

> Have you loaded the XP Servicepack #2? There are issues with that,
> unfortunately. There is a fix listed on the Soulseek website, but I've
> chosen not to load it. I'd check it out if you're really concerned.

> Good luck,
> BlueGirl

thanks for your reply's the main problem is i have a few people on my list i can browse off some but not the others even after they added me to there list

thanks again

> thanks for your reply's the main problem is i have a few people on my list
> i can browse off some but not the others even after they added me to there
> list

> thanks again

Disable your firewall. If you are using Windows XP, it may be running by default.

Back
Top Bottom