How Do/Did You Score Yr Front Row Tickets?

I am doing all three- Waukegan is 45 minutes north of me, Merrillville is 45 minutes East of me. Detroit is about 4 hours away. If I manage to find good seats, I will buy as many as they will let me and sort them out later. Detroit is probably a GA floor, so that one is easier.

Let me call the Waukegan box office and ask about their group sales.

And how did your comment go un noticed? So can I start kissing your ass now? tee hee hee

that's Ticketmaster UK, by the way. ;)

Incidentally, I can be bought rather cheaply. Easy meat, and a reasonably good buy. If you will. :D

that's Ticketmaster UK, by the way. ;)

Incidentally, I can be bought rather cheaply. Easy meat, and a reasonably good buy. If you will. :D

Oh my well do did fail to mention the UK part. Perhaps I will have to hit you up on that offer when I make my way to the UK again, sometime this century.

Until then, you're off the hook. Unless you have any pull in the states? (she said with all the joy of a child opening presents on christmas) :cool:

Given that it was pure luck that got me the last one, I have been wondering how other people manage this. . .the guy I bought my ticket from got it off StubHub, I think. . .What are the best ways to find the precious front-row tickets, do you think? Or is it always mostly luck?

--jeniphir

Honestly... Stubhub is the way to go.

As a treat I gave my parents two seats to go see Billy Joel at the Garden last year. A week before the event they had proposed that we all go out to dinner and it would be nice if I had been going with them... (Originally thought I was giving them a mom-dad date night).

A week before... Log onto Stubhub and I saw someone selling a single 4th row seat at face value. Picked up the ticket and bam I met with moms and pops before and after the show.

Stubhub is great if you are willing to be patient and look.

Right now I am using them to score a seat for my dad, a couple of buddies and myself for the upcoming Yankees Boston series.

Stubhub is the best. I bought a ticket and the seller reneged. Stubhub found a nearly equivalent ticket and refunded the difference.

The only problem is the $$$. And it's soooo hard to sit on your hands when they go on sale at Txmaster. Always thinking, what if? What if? Oh well, my DH has his expensive vices and I have mine.

Stubhub is the best. I bought a ticket and the seller reneged. Stubhub found a nearly equivalent ticket and refunded the difference.

The only problem is the $$$. And it's soooo hard to sit on your hands when they go on sale at Txmaster. Always thinking, what if? What if? Oh well, my DH has his expensive vices and I have mine.

Yeah... that "being unable to sit on your hands" thing is why I've bought at least two or three times as many tickets as I actually needed for every single Moz show I've ever seen. :rolleyes: At one point this summer, I made the mistake of adding it up and I realized had $1500 worth of Morrissey tickets locked in a file cabinet. I can't guarantee it won't happen again this time either. :D Remember, you can SELL on Stubhub too!

Yeah... that "being unable to sit on your hands" thing is why I've bought at least two or three times as many tickets as I actually needed for every single Moz show I've ever seen. :rolleyes: At one point this summer, I made the mistake of adding it up and I realized had $1500 worth of Morrissey tickets locked in a file cabinet. I can't guarantee it won't happen again this time either. :D Remember, you can SELL on Stubhub too!

Yeah... but I've had tickets go unsold. Tried Craigslist, Stubhub... they were crappy seats though.

Patience... patience. We will prevail. :D

Merriville YES YES YESSSS!!!!! Count me in!!!!! Do you know how much they'll cost?? Because my friend (she's slubacca on here) and I are in the talks of doing something like Chicago, Detroit, Merriville...if we can find pit seats for all of those and can financially pull it off. I am almost 100% sure I can go to the Detroit show, but I want to combine it with Merriville. Man...it's all so confusing, but exciting!

oh dear, i would love to go to three dates. but my bank account insists that i perhaps consider just one. we shall see in time though. an l-a date conincides nicely with my thanksgiving break from university but i think it a bit much to travel all that way for one show when i know i could be seeing more. decisions, decisions!

Pandy, you coming to Chicago? I'm trying to buy a block of seats for Merrillville- minimum is 20 and group orders go in before TXmaster puts them on sale. I'll know probably Monday what I get, and choose to keep or reject them based on where they are. About 6 of those are spoken for, but I will let everyone know if it works out.

hypocrite...you talk about shitty things to do, like sneak up front into the pit section (simply because you prefer everyone is tied to their seats), and yet you don't see anything wrong with buying a block of seats, over half of them you don't need. How about just buying what you need!!! this allows other buyers a chance at getting tickets they want.

I don't need all 20 seats, but my friends here do. Don't you? Or do you want to take your chances with Ticketmaster? Do you think I can afford to buy 20 seats to get the one I need for my own butt? I'm not quite that crazy. I would offer the extra tickets here at face value... reread my comments re: Hand Holding being a good way to win races...

Besides, what do you think ticket brokers do? They have some kind of direct line in to Ticketmaster and they snap them all up so they can sell them at inflated markups. I'm trying to fight that. Duh.

hypocrite...you talk about shitty things to do, like sneak up front into the pit section (simply because you prefer everyone is tied to their seats), and yet you don't see anything wrong with buying a block of seats, over half of them you don't need. How about just buying what you need!!! this allows other buyers a chance at getting tickets they want.

I imagine if you'd said, "Hey, I'd like to go in on that block of tickets and guarantee myself a good seat," PFTLT would have happily included you. It's not about crowding people out, it's about making sure those of us who are really hot to have good tix, get them. No need for nastiness and name-calling.

--jeniphir

I imagine if you'd said, "Hey, I'd like to go in on that block of tickets and guarantee myself a good seat," PFTLT would have happily included you. It's not about crowding people out, it's about making sure those of us who are really hot to have good tix, get them. No need for nastiness and name-calling.

--jeniphir

who is pregnanatforthelasttime to decide she's going to be ticket broker for us??? people should be able to get their own tickets and have a fair shot of them, and not worry about over ambitious fans buying them.

Why are people against scalpers?? because they buy bulk tickets, preventing individual fans of obtaining those tickets. i shouldn't have to go to pregnant to obtain a ticket. i hope they only offer crap seats to those who plan to buy bulk tickets.

Season ticket holders are going to be offered first shot at these tickets. The front two rows will likely be composed of retired plumbers and their wives, all in their 50s-70s, and they're all going to grumble through the show because Moz won't be the Elvis impersonator or Wayne Newton clone they were hoping for. That's the kind of venue this is. KidzBop Live is the next act on the schedule after Moz- oh, and you can get tickets for Clay Aiken's Christmas show if you hurry.

I have at least six people on my list who want to go to this show with me- the minimum group is 20. It was worth a shot. If you don't like it, call the venue and bitch at them, it's their policy. It's none of your business how many tickets I buy, or who I give them to.

But I will save you one, because I'm kind like that.

STUBHUB Question

The questions is posed with Van Halen as an example but applies to Morrissey as well.

Sure... I've used Stubhub for Billy Joel, The Beastie Boys, Yankee games and for Dave Matthews Tickets. You know what they have in common? Well it's what they DON'T have. They DON'T cancel.

We are thinking of trying to get tickets for Van Halen at MSG. We already know thats going to be near impossible. In this case... we defer to stubhub. The problem is that all it takes is one little fight or wrong words to come out of David Lee Roth's mouth... the tour is canceled.

When an artist cancels... how much does Stubhub protect you in the price you paid for the tickets?

Stubhub's policy is listed somewhere on their site- I believe it is a full guarantee. Money back. Don't quote me though.

I had to buy a ticket from another agency and they didn't have that guarantee. If Moz cancelled, I could get credit with their agency to use on something else. This was still during the illness and I was really nervous but of course it worked out.

Season ticket holders are going to be offered first shot at these tickets. The front two rows will likely be composed of retired plumbers and their wives, all in their 50s-70s, and they're all going to grumble through the show because Moz won't be the Elvis impersonator or Wayne Newton clone they were hoping for. That's the kind of venue this is. KidzBop Live is the next act on the schedule after Moz- oh, and you can get tickets for Clay Aiken's Christmas show if you hurry.

:D LOL, Oh yeah, defo get those while they're hot!

Coiff.

who is pregnanatforthelasttime to decide she's going to be ticket broker for us??? people should be able to get their own tickets and have a fair shot of them, and not worry about over ambitious fans buying them.

Why are people against scalpers?? because they buy bulk tickets, preventing individual fans of obtaining those tickets. i shouldn't have to go to pregnant to obtain a ticket. i hope they only offer crap seats to those who plan to buy bulk tickets.

Oh my god...have an ice tea, inhale, exhale, it's all going to be ok....

Back
Top Bottom