How do you feel about stage invasions?

The above video made me smile.

The first time I saw him at PNC Arts Center here in NJ (7-11-91!)....a few people invaded the stage and they stopped the concert. As someone who waited a long time to see him, seeing him for the first time only to have the show end early made me angry. Set list of PNC show here: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/wiki/Holmdel,_New_Jersey_1991-07-11_(Morrissey_concert)
That looks like a full show to me. Did they stop it during Disappointed?

Do you guys think it's a nice and a valid way to demonstrate your admiration to Moz or no? What about Moz? I remember him saying he liked it but it was back in 1992 in that MTV interview so I'm not sure if he still feels the same.

He mostly feels the same though he sometimes gets softer in the middle.

That looks like a full show to me. Did they stop it during Disappointed?
Yes....last song. But as a huge fan seeing him for the first time, I wanted them to finish it out.....

Not if it's the c***s who try to give him a hug at every f***ing show. I wouldn't like to be hugged by a smelly person who slept in a sleeping bag in front of the venue. I genuinely feel sorry for Morrissey sometimes. Wouldn't surprise me if he used an entire bottle of comme des garcons every night to cover up the stench of unwashed crying fangirls and boys.

Nervous. Like every time I watch a non-consensual physical approach to another person. It's too risky and unnecessary, unless they know those people and the situation is arranged previously.

Not if it's the c***s who try to give him a hug at every f***ing show. I wouldn't like to be hugged by a smelly person who slept in a sleeping bag in front of the venue. I genuinely feel sorry for Morrissey sometimes. Wouldn't surprise me if he used an entire bottle of comme des garcons every night to cover up the stench of unwashed crying fangirls and boys.

Extemly accurate, sir/madam :thumb:
That smelly ginger girl and that old Scottish wino fall into the above category:sick:

what do people demonstrate when they invade a stage? is it admiration? could be. could also be many other things that they feel need a demonstration. secondly, someone throws a penny into the fontana di trevi in rome, or she rubs the nose of a goethe monument in leipzig, others follow this example, a custom has developed, it's believed to bring them luck. thirdly, you invade a stage and throw your arms around morrissey...

578.jpg

Now that I think of it, there were a few times this year when a woman got on stage and he actually went towards them for a hug. I guess it depends on his mood. Sometimes I don't want to be hugged either.

... in my imagination invading a stage to get closer to morrissey, presuming that this is the motivation, isn't uppermost on my mind mainly because for me it's too unrealistic. but i can see that former stage invasions have been and still are fodder to other people's dreams, they connect to this dream because it is always good to know there are indeed some dreams in life that can be fulfilled. but as i said, a stage invasion isnt something that would develop naturally in my imagination. it seems that morrissey is not rejecting people who approach him on stage, so for people who fear being rejected this is a riskless sure thing. probably the fear of becoming in such a case of a successful stage invasion the only one ever rejected by morrissey, and thus going down in music history as the rejected stage invader, prevents me from even imagining it

I don't condone anyone who wants to jump the stage but feel uncomfortable about it being it unsafe and dangerous to Moz as well as the fans. I do understand the passion and the drive to do so.
I have allways watched from a greater distance cause I hate the hassle and the stress in the front rows disturbing my joy at hearing and seeing him.
I would like to see and hear him at a closer distance. But would never try to jump the stage. It feels awkward for me to do so.
But it's okay.

I remember a life show in Utrecht that was brilliant and I was seated at a considerable distance but still could see the show and Moz quite good.
At the end, after the encore, when it finished I stood, clapping (like a seal, as someone said of Marred) and I can make a loud sound with that and holding it for quite some time. My hands were red!
When the applause started to fade away a bit, I saw Moz suddenly looking in my direction and in my imagination and in my memory his eyes pierced into my brains and it felt if he looked right through me and as he registered me, clapping, I felt his look at the back inside of my skull.
He made a small appreciating nod and that was it.
I know for sure he has a very immediate, sensitive awareness about people who appreciate him or people who dislike him.
Cheers lanterns!

'The boy in the bright blue jeans
Jumped up on the stage
And lady stardust sang his songs
Of darkness and disgrace

And he was alright, the band was altogether
Yes he was alright, the song went on forever
And he was awful nice
Really quite out of sight
And he sang all night long

Femme fatales emerged from shadows
To watch this creature fair
Boys stood upon their chairs
To make their point of view
I smiled sadly for a love
I could not obey
Lady stardust sang his songs
Of darkness and dismay'

thats a beautiful story, quando, and i exactly know what you mean though i cannot (and never could) understand the passion and drive that catapult some people onto stages during concerts. but thats okay with me. i agree that the best artists are highly sensitive of their surroundings and they can detect the slightest shiverings in their audience's minds. and you know what is the greatest thing about your post-show moment of connection? you dont have to share it with anybody else, no cameras stealing the moment's spirit away from you peddling it on youtube, the look and nod are all safely hooked in your skull as freshly as on the first day

So true what you said!
Much appreciated.

I don't condone anyone who wants to jump the stage but feel uncomfortable about it being it unsafe and dangerous to Moz as well as the fans. I do understand the passion and the drive to do so.
I have allways watched from a greater distance cause I hate the hassle and the stress in the front rows disturbing my joy at hearing and seeing him.
I would like to see and hear him at a closer distance. But would never try to jump the stage. It feels awkward for me to do so.
But it's okay.

I remember a life show in Utrecht that was brilliant and I was seated at a considerable distance but still could see the show and Moz quite good.
At the end, after the encore, when it finished I stood, clapping (like a seal, as someone said of Marred) and I can make a loud sound with that and holding it for quite some time. My hands were red!
When the applause started to fade away a bit, I saw Moz suddenly looking in my direction and in my imagination and in my memory his eyes pierced into my brains and it felt if he looked right through me and as he registered me, clapping, I felt his look at the back inside of my skull.
He made a small appreciating nod and that was it.
I know for sure he has a very immediate, sensitive awareness about people who appreciate him or people who dislike him.
Cheers lanterns!

I saw him in Philly at the Mann a few years back. I had 2nd "row", left side of the stage by Boz. All night he stayed towards Jesse's side.....so at one point I yelled "how about some love for the left side of the stage" and I swore he said "What?" and then moseyed on over.....sadly I never got to shake his hand.....if anyone has a bootleg of that show, I would appreciate a copy or lead (07/23/2007)....10 years ago :straightface:

Funny.. I was recently wondering the same thing.

Last time I saw a stage invader he avoided her, but when security was dragging her off he told them to let her go.

Some nights I think he wants that.. others I'm not so sure.. He seems almost disappointed when a crowd doesn't go wild enough.

I always go with letters. I know they mattered to him when he was on the other side.. I like to think they still do. Only successfully handed off one but it's a nice memory. Was sort of strange.. he didn't even look at me but he walked straight over to where I was standing.. he had to stretch out to the barrier, pushing aside the dozen hands that started to grab at him. It's kind of silly I put so much stock into that exchange, but after years of devotion I existed to him.. in that one moment the effort to connect was mutual... meant a lot.. still does..

~K~

This page of this thread is a Mozbot circlejerk.

Well you must feel satisfied now you broke that circlejerk.
Now f*** off to any other site and do the same there, jerk.

Back
Top Bottom